I figured after yesterday’s not-so-green recipe, I would give you a double whammy today. Key limes and pistachios, boom boom POW. Sorry, I just pounded two cups of coffee before I started writing this #5recipesin5daysmaykillme.
Can we talk about key limes for a minute? They are officially the most adorable piece of fruit I have ever seen. My 5 year old self probably would have made one my newest inanimate friend. My 24-year old self felt bad making friends with them knowing that I would be sacrificing their peels and juices to the food processor. It hurt more than touching my eye with lime juice covered hands. Karma is a B. Don’t mess with miniature fruit.
Other thoughts that occurred while making this recipe:
1. Shelled pistachios are worth the money. Ain’t nobody got time for pistachio shelling.
2. Are they balls, or are they bites? Actually, I ask myself this everyday.
3. Why does St. Patrick’s Day require green food? Don’t answer this otherwise you’ll undermine the whole purpose of the link-up…
4. It is impossible to eat just one of these. I dare you to try.
Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites
Prep Time: 15 mins
Keywords: no-bake blender snack dessert dairy-free gluten-free vegan pistachio key lime ball
Ingredients (18 bites)
- 2 cups shelled pistachios (reserve 1/2 cup for chopping)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 6 key limes, zest and juice of each
1. Add 1 1/2 cups of pistachios and dates to a food processor high-speed blender. Process until all comes together in a ball (about 3 minutes)
2. Break up ball and add zest and juice of all key limes. Process until well combined.
3. Meanwhile, chop up remaining 1/2 cup of pistachios into tiny pieces to be used at coating.
4. Roll pistachio-date mixture into 18 balls and then roll in chopped pistachios.
5. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month or longer in freezer.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!
Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.comMarch 11, 2014 at 8:49 am
Dates and limes and pistachios – girrrl – these “bite-sized balls” (Meredith’s term) sound fabulous!
Nicole @ FruitnFitnessMarch 11, 2014 at 8:49 am
Whatever you want to call them, these sound amazing! I love pistachios but don’t buy them too often since they are usually so expensive. I really want to make your pistachio butter so I’ll have to make these too when I finally get the pistachios.
Sarah PieMarch 11, 2014 at 8:31 am
Obviously these are balls… is there really another option?
kaitlin @4loveofcarrotsMarch 11, 2014 at 8:23 am
BALLS, obviously. because I am soo mature!
Becky @ Olives n WineMarch 11, 2014 at 8:19 am
This is by far the best green recipe you’ve ever posted, Davida! I am a new fan to key lime and pistachio are pretty much my heart’s desire. Oh and let’s call them balls rather than bites because the word always makes me giggle 😉 #somature
alex @ therunwithinMarch 11, 2014 at 7:18 am
OH MY my favorite nut is the pistachio and these are just flooring me, plus they are so easy to make. this is the kind of recipe I love!
Krista @ Tiny n FitMarch 11, 2014 at 7:09 am
BALLS BALLS BALLS! Much more fun to say 🙂 These look amazing!!
erin @ The Almond EaterMarch 11, 2014 at 7:05 am
Love me some bites/balls/whatever you wanna call them! You’re creative with your green food…..I think I’ll be back at blogging this week so just WAIT and see what I’ve come up with……#creative #notreally #hashtagsarekewl
Kim @ BusyBodMarch 11, 2014 at 6:52 am
These are so adorable! Sorry you fell victim to the mini fruit karma. Balls or bites, I mean, technically they are both I suppose. Personally, I have the sense of humor of a pre-teen boy so I giggle and get slightly awkward over anything balls, so my vote is for bites. 🙂
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNiclesMarch 11, 2014 at 6:24 am
How about bite-sized balls?
MitchellMarch 11, 2014 at 5:29 am
I have one thing to say: hell, freaking, yes.
That is all 🙂
Arman @ thebigmansworldMarch 11, 2014 at 5:24 am
Are bites Maven for balls? 😉
Pretty sure these are Persian for balls. You were paleo yesterday, raw foodie today, tomorrow you’ll be vegan. Stop being a food label whore.