balls/bites gluten-free raw snacks vegan

Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites

March 11, 2014

I figured after yesterday’s not-so-green recipe, I would give you a double whammy today. Key limes and pistachios, boom boom POW. Sorry, I just pounded two cups of coffee before I started writing this #5recipesin5daysmaykillme.

raw key lime pistachio bitesCan we talk about key limes for a minute? They are officially the most adorable piece of fruit I have ever seen. My 5 year old self probably would have made one my newest inanimate friend. My 24-year old self felt bad making friends with them knowing that I would be sacrificing their peels and juices to the food processor. It hurt more than touching my eye with lime juice covered hands. Karma is a B. Don’t mess with miniature fruit.

raw key lime pistachio bites 2Other thoughts that occurred while making this recipe:

1. Shelled pistachios are worth the money. Ain’t nobody got time for pistachio shelling.

2. Are they balls, or are they bites? Actually, I ask myself this everyday.

3. Why does St. Patrick’s Day require green food? Don’t answer this otherwise you’ll undermine the whole purpose of the link-up…

4. It is impossible to eat just one of these. I dare you to try.

Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites

by The Healthy Maven

Prep Time: 15 mins

Keywords: no-bake blender snack dessert dairy-free gluten-free vegan pistachio key lime ball

Ingredients (18 bites)

• 2 cups shelled pistachios (reserve 1/2 cup for chopping)
  • 1 cup pitted dates
  • 6 key limes, zest and juice of each

1. Add 1 1/2 cups of pistachios and dates to a food processor high-speed blender. Process until all comes together in a ball (about 3 minutes)

2. Break up ball and add zest and juice of all key limes. Process until well combined.

3. Meanwhile, chop up remaining 1/2 cup of pistachios into tiny pieces to be used at coating.

4. Roll pistachio-date mixture into 18 balls and then roll in chopped pistachios.

5. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month or longer in freezer.

raw key lime pistachio bites 3

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    March 11, 2014 at 3:54 pm

UmmmMmmMmm those key limes are totes adorbz and I’m totes making these once your protein bars are gone, all whilst pounding 2 cups of coffee.

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    March 11, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Ooooo these look fancayyyy! But I love how simple they are, and I love that there are pistachios.
    I’d say bites for public reference, but we all know they’re really balls.

Kelly - LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE
    March 11, 2014 at 2:34 pm

3 ingredients!! Ok, these sound just perfect. Pistachios are kind of my favorite first off. Second limes limes limes. mmmmm. Dates to bring them all together. VOILA. Great recipe. I should try this! Thanks for sharing 🙂

[email protected]
    March 11, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I’ll go with bites! These look so yum and very green! Key limes are awesome!! Key lime margarita? Don’t mind if I do!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat
    March 11, 2014 at 12:17 pm

hehe…I always say bites. Somehow it sounds less offensive!

These look amazing and your pictures are terrific!

March 11, 2014 at 11:21 am

My inner twelve year old insists that they’re balls. 😛 And I don’t think I’m a big fan of key lime 🙁 I’ve only had key lime pie once and it was just meh to me…but it was also like grocery-store pie, so maybe I just need to try a real bakery or homemade one? Or you know…just make these balls :-p

Em @ Love A Latte
    March 11, 2014 at 11:16 am

These look wonderful! I love eating pistachios so much (too much!).

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    March 11, 2014 at 11:10 am

Balls hehe 😉

But these look so refreshing! I think key limes are adorable too! I had these key lime wedge erasers when I was little and I think they’re the best things ever. Next to my Hershey bar scented pencils of course!

March 11, 2014 at 10:40 am

I have an even more important question to ask – who gets to eat all of this food?

Alysia @ Slim Sanity
    March 11, 2014 at 10:11 am

Umm…. these look AMAZEBALLS!

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    March 11, 2014 at 10:05 am

The word balls makes me uncomfortable when referring to my food so I call them bites. These are too cute. Serious respect to you for doing 5 recipes in 5 days. I would definitely have a meltdown. Prepping two green recipes for the link-up though!

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    March 11, 2014 at 9:33 am

Ball bites. That sounds like some creepy piercing. Ick. Let’s just stick with one at a time, but usually balls because it’s more fun to say you’re eating those. I need to get on the pistachio game, I sometimes forget they’re out there. I thought that limes and key limes were the same… are they not?

1 2 3 4