This Vegan Peach Galette makes the perfect summer dessert recipe to fully embrace peach season! Made with almond flour, coconut oil and a side of cashewmilk frozen dessert, you won’t be needing any other recipe this summer.
The funny thing is that even though the universe was in support of my plans, the people in my life were left pretttty confused. As I’ve spoken to more family and friends, I realize that perhaps I wasn’t as clear as I thought I was being when sharing this post.
It’s kinda nuts how something can be so clear in your head, but then when you put pen to paper (or in this case, finger to key), your message doesn’t totally translate. What I meant by “so much more than a food blog” was that I wanted to start exploring other areas of health and not just focus on the food. Because even though food brings me a lot of joy, so do so many other things. The recipes aren’t going anywhere, I’m just posting slightly fewer to make room for other topics!
It was a tad dramatic to declare that I was unhappy, because I truly, honestly feel deeply blessed for the life I have, but I’m learning that sometimes it’s okay to ask for more.
So even though I wanted to talk about other things besides food, I in no way wanted to eliminate recipes entirely from the blog. But apparently, my wishes did not matter. Because whether or not you’re a food blogger, it’s pretty difficult to cook without an oven.
This resulted in a lot of takeout and my mom’s gazpacho. It definitely isn’t the worst thing in the world, but by the end of the waiting game, I was ready for my oven back.
And then it arrived in all its glory! I was expecting my building to just replace a part, but when a brand spanking new oven arrived at my door, I almost hugged the delivery man.
As any normal human would do (in my world…), a new oven calls for an inaugural recipe. I knew I had to do something sweet, because we all know sweets are the way to my heart and with peach season just beginning a Peach Galette was calling my name!
I made it vegan and paleo so that more of you can enjoy it and opted for a galette instead of a pie because galettes are basically the most forgiving dessert of all time. As my baking teacher once told me, “if you mess it up just call it rustic!”.
And no galette is complete without a delicious frozen topping. I went with the So Delicious Cashewmilk Salted Caramel Cluster because it made for the ultimate pairing for a slice of pipping hot peach galette.
What I didn’t anticipate was that the cashewmilk dessert was going to be life-changing. I have truly never tasted a non-dairy dessert this good. I proceeded to have more than one extra scoop for dessert’s dessert (it’s a thing…) and while I was at it went back for an extra slice of galette.
Don’t even consider making this dessert without the cashewmilk frozen dessert! It’s the perfect way to use your perfectly ripe peaches and enjoy a summer night.Print
Vegan Peach Galette
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 slices 1x
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (NOT almond meal)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cold water
For the Filling:
- 2 large peaches, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Serve with: So Delicious Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, ground flax, coconut sugar and sea salt.
- Add in coconut oil and stir until mixture clumps.
- Add in water and stir.
- Use hands to create a ball with the mixture.
- Place ball between two sheets of parchment paper (I used a silicone mat with a piece of parchment on top) and use a rolling pin to roll into a 12 inch circle.
- Place bottom parchment (or silicone mat) with crust on top onto a baking sheet and set aside.
For the filling:
- In a large bowl combine peaches, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and tapioca flour until peaches are well-coated.
- Add filling to the center of the crust, leaving at least a 2 inch perimeter for folding over.
- Slowly fold crust over peaches all around the edges. Use a combination of a spatula and your hands, and use your hands to fix any broken spots. Don’t worry if crust breaks, just repair with your hands and it will be totally fine once it’s baked.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 20 mins before serving.
- Don’t forget to serve with a scoop of So Delicious Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of So Delicious. The opinions and text are all mine. Thanks for supporting the brands that help me run THM and bring you more delicious recipes!
Have you ever made a galette? Have you ever tried cashewmilk frozen dessert?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!