This Vegan Peach Galette makes the perfect summer dessert recipe to fully embrace peach season! Made with almond flour, coconut oil and a side of vegan ice cream, you won’t be needing any other recipe this summer.
Peaches might be my all time favorite fruit. It’s truly the best time of the year when they’re in season. I’ve already shared a savory galette but I figured it was time for a sweet version… and obviously that had to include peaches.
What is a galette?
A galette is one of my favorite desserts to make because they’re so forgiving! They’re a dessert pastry that’s similar to a tart or pie but more free-form. As my baking teacher once told me, “if you mess it up just call it rustic!”. Typically, a galette will be a single layer pastry crust filled with some sort of moist filling and then the sides of the pastry crust are folded up around the filling.
It’s basically the lazy version of a pie and if you mess up, don’t sweat it! You can always piece things back together with your hands. Once you bake it you won’t even notice.
Peach Galette Ingredients
There are two components of this dessert: the crust and the filling.
Here’s what you need for the crust:
- Almond flour – make sure it’s flour and not almond meal!
- Tapioca flour – a great thickening option that is gluten-free.
- Ground flaxseed – will bind the dough together.
- Coconut sugar – brown sugar works too.
- Sea salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – the fat component!
Here’s what you need for the filling:
- Peaches – the star of the show. Make sure you’re using fresh, ripe peaches!
- Tapioca flour – again, a thickening agent.
- Coconut sugar – can also use brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract – brings all of the flavors together perfectly.
How to Make a Galette
Traditional galettes are made with flour and butter but because this galette is vegan + gluten-free we made some swaps by using almond flour and coconut oil.
STEP 1: In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, ground flaxseed, coconut sugar and sea salt.
STEP 2: Add in the coconut oil and stir until the mixture clumps up a bit. Add in the water and stir. Use your hands to create a ball with the mixture of dough.
STEP 3: Place the ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 12 inch circle. Place the bottom piece of parchment paper with the crust on a baking sheet and set it aside.
STEP 4: To make the filling, mix the peaches, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and tapioca flour in a large bowl until the peaches are well-coated.
STEP 5: Add the filling to the center of the crust, leaving at least a 2 inch perimeter of crust to fold over.
STEP 6: Carefully fold the crust over the peaches by bending the parchment paper over the peaches. If the crust breaks, just repair it gently with your hands. I promise it will be totally fine once it bakes!
STEP 7: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool 20 minutes before serving.
How to Serve This Peach Galette
My personal opinion is that no galette is complete with a delicious frozen topping aka ice cream. Because this is a vegan peach galette you’ll probably want to go for something dairy-free but if you’re not vegan or dairy-free any old ice cream will do!Print
Vegan Peach Galette
This Vegan Peach Galette makes the perfect summer dessert recipe to fully embrace peach season! Made with almond flour, coconut oil and a side of cashewmilk frozen dessert, you won’t be needing any other recipe this summer.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Diet: Vegan
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (NOT almond meal)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cold water
For the Filling:
- 3 large peaches, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, ground flax, coconut sugar and sea salt.
- Add in coconut oil and stir until mixture clumps.
- Add in water and stir.
- Use hands to create a ball with the mixture.
- Place ball between two sheets of parchment paper (I used a silicone mat with a piece of parchment on top) and use a rolling pin to roll into a 12 inch circle.
- Place bottom parchment (or silicone mat) with crust on top onto a baking sheet and set aside.
For the filling:
- In a large bowl combine peaches, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and tapioca flour until peaches are well-coated.
- Add filling to the center of the crust, leaving at least a 2 inch perimeter for folding over.
- Slowly fold crust over peaches all around the edges by using the parchment paper and folding it over the peaches. Use a combination of a spatula and your hands, and use your hands to fix any broken spots. Don’t worry if crust breaks, just repair with your hands and it will be totally fine once it’s baked.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 20 mins before serving.
- Don’t forget to serve with a scoop of ice cream!
Like this post? Here are a few other vegan desserts you might enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
- Peach and Apple Crisp
- Peach and Halloumi Salad
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!