bars gluten-free snacks vegan

No-Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bars

September 18, 2013
These No-Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bars are made with just 7 ingredients and in just 20 minutes! No need to turn your oven on or spend hours slaving in the kitchen to make the ultimate on-the-go snack.Does food ever go missing in your home? At my house things mysteriously disappear all the time. Not surprisingly they tend to be the sweets I bake. I have a feeling why they go missing… Because I’m terrible at sharing.
You would think growing up with three older siblings I might have learned this skill, but it seemed to do the opposite. I became very territorial about my food. I was blissfully unaware of this until I went to university and my poor roommates had to deal with my death stares after my food was eaten.
I should clarify that I am actually great at sharing food when I make something for the purpose of being shared i.e. decadent treats which I clearly can’t eat all by myself. But when it comes to healthy snacks or any of my weekly food prep meals, you better back away slowly before even considering eating any of them. I swear this relates to today’s recipe…

The other day my brother mentioned that a tea I was drinking tasted a lot like the mint chocolate protein bars I used to make all the time. I was a) shocked he actually ate something of mine that was healthy and b) enraged to discover he was my protein bar thief! All this time I’ve been blaming my Dad for eating my bars (sorry Dad!) when in fact it was my sneaky older brother. Do you see why I became so territorial? It also reminded me that I hadn’t made these deliciously healthy treats in a while and all of you definitely deserved the recipe.
 These No-Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bars are made with just 7 ingredients and in just 20 minutes! No need to turn your oven on or spend hours slaving in the kitchen to make the ultimate on-the-go snack.Moral of the story is that these must be good since one of the pickiest eaters I know was ballsy enough to steal and enjoy them. Oh and that I clearly need to move out…

No-Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bars

PREP TIME 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins

• 1 cup of dates
  • 1 cup of nuts (I used 1/2 cup cashews and 1/2 cup of almonds)
  • 3/4 cup protein powder (I used Vega One French Vanilla but whey protein works too)
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
  • 2 T almond milk (if using whey protein, you will need to use slightly more)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

1. Place dates in food processor and process until pea-like consistency is reached.
  2. Add in nuts and continue processing until dates and nuts are finely ground.
  3. Add in protein powder, cocoa powder, salt, peppermint extract and almond milk and process until a well-combined sticky ball is formed.
  4. Take a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and line with plastic wrap.
  5. Place bar mixture into dish and flatten, making sure the top is even.
  6. Place in freezer for at least 15 mins.
  7. Remove from freezer and lift plastic wrap out of dish.
  8. Cut into 12 bars.
  9. Store in fridge or freezer.

Notes

*edited: the original recipe used 1/2 cup puffed cereal (I used puffed millet but puffed rice or amaranth works) stirred in at the end. The recipe works with or without it.
 *Now that I’ve sufficiently thrown him under the bus, I would like to redeem myself by wishing my big bro a very happy birthday today!!!

Do you have a kitchen thief? Are you good at sharing?

gottaeatgreen.com
    September 18, 2013 at 10:32 am

These look great! It’s funny you talk about food disappearing.. I made a batch of cookies on Monday night and they are almost gone! Grant sneaks them when I’m at work or sleeping and thinks I don’t notice the batch slowly disappearing!

September 18, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I’d rather them be up front about it! I was the kid who counted my halloween candy so you better bet I’ll notice 😉

Carla Bruns
    September 18, 2013 at 10:46 am

Well, since I’m the mom I need to expect that my food is going to be taken. Even though it’s annoying. It happens less often now that my oldest son has gone back to his vegan diet. Then he remembers that I bake vegan and yeah.

These sound delish! I love that they are so easy to put together.

Amy @ The Little Honey Bee
    September 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

Hahaha! You know I am JUST as territorial. Those tupperwares are MINE people so back off. I am known to even put “don’t touch” sticky notes… sorry I’m not sorry (been wanting to say that for awhile) um yum these look awesome! Once I get my hands on some puffed cereal, oh and some extra time, definitely making these.

September 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm

You would die if you saw my fridge…everything has “do not touch” tape on it!!!!

softserveandsquats.com
    September 18, 2013 at 11:04 am

I’m literally the same as you about sharing! Living with four other girls, I’m often not surprised to find my food “mysteriously” disappearing though haha. These look so so delicious and sound like the perfect snack. I love that they’re no-bake too!

September 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Living with roommates we definitely a learning experience for me..and for them too! They stopped taking my stuff after a while because they knew I would find out!

September 18, 2013 at 11:31 am

Haha I’m the same way. If I make a recipe and there are leftovers, chances are I’ve planned to take those leftovers for lunch, so I hate it when someone else eats them first! I don’t usually mind sharing my baked goods/snacks though because sometimes I just want to get rid of them so I can get onto baking something else!

September 18, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I can’t stand that!!! I always make more than enough so that I have leftovers so nothing drives me crazier than when they get eaten!

Kim @ BusyBod
    September 18, 2013 at 11:45 am

Uhm, yum!! Mint chocolate is my one true food love. When I was little and would bake peppermint brownies, I would add so much mint that no one else would eat them (they say toothpaste, I say extra delicious!). As an added bonus, no need to worry about food thieves!

September 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Now that’s a technique I need to try! Sometimes I tell them it’s healthy and they won’t eat it but then when I make something that I actually want to share and then tell them it’s healthy they won’t eat it!

Amanda @ .running with spoons.com
    September 18, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Food definitely has the tendency to disappear around these parts… I think I have tiny little kitchen gnomes that come out at night. And I’m pretty sure I’m horrible at sharing… Not only am I an only child, but I live alone now so I’m used to having everything to myself Lol oh geez… I sound like a champ 😉 But these bars look amazing, and I’m pretty sure the gnomes would be going crazy for them. Mint chocolate combo = loooooove.

September 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I’m one of four and it clearly didn’t do me any good!!! In my house the gnomes are my siblings 😉

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    September 18, 2013 at 12:24 pm

You got some great pictures!!! These look and sound SO delicious!

September 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Thanks Kim! I am always so grateful when people like my pictures. I swear I spend more time on photography than on cooking or baking!

Joanne
    September 18, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I’m always looking out for some good pre-workout fuel and these sound awesome! Mint and chocolate is always welcome around here. And disappears all too quickly.

Suzanne
    September 18, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Mint and chocolate are the best combo! My brother loves my breakfast cookie recipe; one time he ate the whole batch and didn’t save me one!! Here is the recipe!: http://helloveggy.com/2013/08/16/gluten-free-vegan-breakfast-cookies/

Emily Kathryn
    September 18, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Oh I could eat these everyday! Can’t wait to make them! I hate when people steal my food too haha =)

September 18, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Drives me nuts! Depending on whose at the house these last maybe 1-3 days…thankfully my brother isn’t a around much 😉

kellyrunsforfood.com
    September 18, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I hide stuff I don’t want to get taken, like the chocolate chips that I secretly snack on. My husband always acts shocked when he discovers my stash, but I know he’s not really that surprised. I’ve become a much better sharer living with him because he always gives me the last helping of the good stuff, which is super sweet of him, so I try to return the favor.

September 18, 2013 at 7:31 pm

I think my fam has found all of my hiding places!!! I’ve now resorting to hiding certain things in my room grrr

September 18, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I loooooove all things mint! And mint chocolate??? Oh my gosh. This may be my favorite recipe that you’ve ever posted. When you say puffed cereal, does that mean like Rice Krispies, or am I completely off base here?

Alex@Veggin Out
    September 18, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Oh those big brothers, such a pain. 😉 Hahaha I definitely mean that with all the love in the world! I love my big bro to death! Happy birthday to yours 😀
    I can be quite territorial with my food too… I want others to try it and I love it when my family wants to eat my healthy creations, but at the same time I want to eat all of it! Haha!
    Chocolate and mint is such an awesome combo, as are most chocolate combos. 😉 These look so delicious, I love the addition of the puffed cereal!

September 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Exactly! I went them to try it but not eat it all! Problem is that I can’t monitor my food at all times…though sometimes I feel like I might be lol

Danielle @Labelsarefortincans
    September 18, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Haha laughing out loud as I read this! Yes. Totally been there! But even now that I’m living in my own apartment alone food STILL goes missing. Seriously – I somehow lost a bag of cumin the other day. Who knows where it is!

‘Stealing’ food was always an argument when I lived with 5 roommates in 2nd year!

September 18, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Something like this happened to me but it was with David’s Tea. Turns out I didn’t lose it, I just left it at the store!!! I went back two weeks later to re-purchase it (hadn’t realized I’d left it there) and the guy remembered me and pulled out my tea that he’d saved for me. Just another reason I love that place!

Shawn @ Fruity N Nutty
    September 18, 2013 at 2:05 pm

It’s like you read my mind! Completely obsessed with mint and chocolate, this looks like the perfect treat to satisfy my sweet tooth. And I’ve got a confession: I’m usually the one who does the stealing, sorry sis. 😛

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness
    September 18, 2013 at 2:05 pm

YUM! these look so good! and yes i learned to eat really quickly growing up because otherwise everything homemade and delicious would be gone. oh wait, actually, come to think of it i WAS the cookie thief growing up. i used to always sneak them when my mom made them, even after i had already eaten like 7 🙂

Christina @ Pinch of Healthy
    September 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I think I need to hold another bake-a-thon dedictated to all of your creations because I can’t not make this!

Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures
    September 18, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Hahaha I love this story! I was definitely territorial of my food in college but that’s because I was poor and valued my cheap gross food more than I should have. Nowadays, what’s mine is always yours! 🙂 These look great – puff cereal – would that be like Rice Krispies?
    Death stares are the best way to make friends, so in accordance with your post a few days ago, I think you should just walk around with a death stare, see below (there are curse words in this video, sorry if that is inappropriate to you):
    🙂 That’s my game plan.

September 18, 2013 at 7:36 pm

That video is amazing!!! That’s my new make friends plan of action!!! Also I have the worst potty mouth so don’t worry 😉

Rice Krispies are puffed rice so they would be perfect in this!!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake
    September 18, 2013 at 2:21 pm

OH MY GOSH! I’m the same! My mom and dad and little sister steal my food all the time! I buy something I want to try and all of a sudden its half way gone. They think I buy it for them or something. Um, no. I start making something in the kitchen and they think its for them, when I’m just experimenting (for myself or the blog)
    Those bars look great though!

September 18, 2013 at 7:33 pm

My family legit hovers over me in the kitchen waiting to see what I’m making. Sometimes I tell them it’s healthy and tastes bad and they back off…on the downside whenever I make something that’s healthy and tastes good and I want them to try it they never do!

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    September 18, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Such a cute story. I just bought some puffed kamut that would be perfect for these babies! YUM.

September 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm

These look good!
    Happy birthday to your brother!
    Um… sometimes I tell my kids that they can’t have a certain something because I want it!! Sad, rude and very true!!

Nikki@willrunforpizza
    September 18, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Oh man! Mint AND chocolate! You just deposited in my “love bank”! lol And they look pretty easy to make!

Amy @ Elephant Eats
    September 18, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Hehe, yep, time to move out and get your own personal refrigerator 😉 I’m ok sharing food I think, but I get territorial about any other of my possessions…especially when they’re new(ish). I almost freaked when my catsitter/friend used my BRAND NEW skillet that I got as a wedding present (before I even got to use it once!) and scratched it. I’m still fuming thinking about it now, actually…. Anyway, these protein bars sound delish. Love that your bro didn’t even know he was stealing them and freely admitted it, haha.

September 18, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Wayyyy overdo! I could just move in with you thought right???

I would be equally as peeved if that happened to me. Especially because it was brand new! I get people make mistakes but it doesn’t mean I’m not going to dwell on it for days (or years!)

Megan (The Lyons Share)
    September 18, 2013 at 4:09 pm

🙂 I am the exact same way with food – very good at sharing if it’s made “for the purpose of sharing” but very territorial if I think it’s just for me. Such silliness if you think about it, but it messes with my planning :).

September 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I know I feel like such a tool when I get so worked up over food but when I put so much into it I take it wayyyy too personally when someone eats my food without asking!

Dixya
    September 18, 2013 at 4:28 pm

these look sooo good – I m glad I dont have food stealers in the house 🙂

*CaNdY FiT*
    September 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I bought dates so that I could make bars or balls…I will try concocting something of sorts this weekend!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    September 18, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you! I love sharing food I make with that purpose but if anyone dares to touch my baking supplies (ie chocolate chips, those always dissapear at my house before I get to use them) or my make ahead meals and snacks… you don’t want ot mess up with me then.
    These bars look amazing though. I’m loving the mint + chocolate combo! 😉

September 18, 2013 at 7:30 pm

The secret chocolate chip stash is key…Certain things I make sure I have a really good hiding spot otherwise a minor freak out ensues if it’s gone!

September 18, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I’ve been adoring the mint chocolate combo lately! And I’m so bad at sharing…if Eric eats something that I’ve been planning to take for lunch or something that I’d consider ‘my food’ – certain snacks or whatever, there will definitely be death glares.

September 18, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I legitimately label things with my name so I can claim it as my own…I’m starting to wonder if I may be a bit psychotic!

FitBritt
    September 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Haha! I’m the same was about my food! It’s not that I don’t like to share and if I have made something or ordered something specifically for sharing, I’m more than happy to do so. It’s the taking (without asking) or asking when I really don’t actually want to share that bothers me! It’s just that I would never take/ask for your food. Sorry everyone!

September 18, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Exactly! I usually just make enough food for me so when someone comes in and eats it I feel like my plans have been totally thrown off! Then I have to figure out a new meal or snack plan!

Tara
    September 18, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Someone in my house is stealing my Larabars and I can’t figure out who it is. I tried process of elimination for a few months now but it’s hard when you have seven roommates. I don’t take it too seriously, but those $1+ dollars per bar really adds up!

September 18, 2013 at 7:24 pm

girllll I don’t know how you live with so many people! I maxed out at two. You’re a champ!

Nik Sharma
    September 18, 2013 at 6:19 pm

What a great idea for homemade protein bars! I am not sure if I would share these with anyone 🙂

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    September 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I love the idea of making these protein bars at home. I am going to give these a try as I buy too many protein bars! Loving the mint addition!

September 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I end up making most of my buys because otherwise my entire income goes to buying them!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate
    September 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I am exactly the same way about my food! When I was living with roommates I would label my shelves in the pantry and designate drawers in the fridge…what can I say, I buy my food for me. 😉 Maybe you would be more willing to share your goodies like these amazing looking bars if I shared some goodies in exchange. A dessert swap is in order, perhaps?

Sarah Pie
    September 18, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Hmmm I like chocolate and mint… not sure how I feel about them together in a protein bar but they look tasty!! May have to pass this recipe on to my brother to try for me!

eating4balance
    September 18, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I hate food thieves! It doesn’t happen much anymore since I only eat a few things around my house, but even then when someone eats all of my chicken and/or vegetables I’m like “I literally have no food to eat!” That chicken takes hours to cook man 😛

These bars sound like a great idea. I’m not a fan of the chocolate mint combo personally, but I am going to pin this because my mom and brother both are 🙂 Is there any other way to get the mint flavor besides the extract? Like mint leaves? Lol. I have no idea what I’m talking about but those would be much easier for me to come by.

Alisha @ Alishas Appetite
    September 18, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Gurrrllll you are GENIUS! I’m loving the sound of this recipe. And I am the same way with my food. The hub always asks if he can eat something in the fridge just to be on the safe side. I think it’s pretty hilarious yet quite pathetic if I think bout it. Anyway! These look fabulous. I just need some mint extract!

JessieBear
    September 18, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Bookmarking yet another one of your recipes ;). Also, I am SO like that with food haha

kaila @ healthy helper
    September 18, 2013 at 11:18 pm

THESE LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! I need to make them asap! I think I might use buckwheat groats instead of nuts for some EXTRA crunch!

September 19, 2013 at 1:17 am

buckwheat groats would be awesome! As would chocolate chips…if i’d had any on hand 😉

September 18, 2013 at 11:54 pm

These were making me drool on instagram and now making me drool again- definitely on my to make list- anything no bake is always a winner! I used to love choc and mint in ice cream, but in bars….might have to omit for something else. Also like you- I HATE food thieves if its something I made specifically for myself. Selfish but true :p

September 19, 2013 at 1:18 am

not selfish!!!! Especially not when you’re generous all those other times 😉 Can just omit mint altogether if you’d prefer but the taste actually isn’t that strong if you’re up for a risk.

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    September 19, 2013 at 12:22 am

ugh, kitchen thieves suck! I can see why he would steal them though. 😉 They look great!! 🙂

September 19, 2013 at 1:18 am

Thanks! The thing is, if they asked nicely I would probably give them one…maybe two if they’re lucky 😉

Laura@ Fit Running Mama
    September 19, 2013 at 12:51 am

Yum these look great!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    September 19, 2013 at 2:13 am

I was just thinking about how excited I am for chocolate/mint things earlier today!! I can’t wait to make these! Great recipe!

mrsmurphyslawoffitness.com
    September 19, 2013 at 2:38 am

These look delicious girly! I have two brothers who ALWAYS devoured everything in the house. I literally had to hide my food so they wouldn’t eat it.. needless to say I was a skinny kid. 🙂

Beth Sheridan
    September 19, 2013 at 3:14 am

You know, since I have been pregnant, nothing with any kind of protein powder sounds good, but these sound delicious! I will have to try these!

Love What You Do
    September 19, 2013 at 3:18 am

I have some dates…and possibly peppermint extract too. Love the look and sound of tehse bars. GREAT idea!

Khuhsboo
    September 19, 2013 at 3:58 am

HAHA omg I can totally relate!! The worst is planning a meal in your head around a certain ingredient and then going to the fridge and finding that it’s been eaten! It’s taken a while but my bro has finally learned the idea of replenishing- not such a difficult concept to grasp ;)! I always feel like I’m Ross from that FRIENDS episode: “You are my sandwich….MY sandwich?”

courtneyem.com
    September 19, 2013 at 4:07 am

Oh my, these look INCREDIBLE Davida!! 😀

gschroer
    September 19, 2013 at 4:33 am

Chocolate and mint are my absolute favorite combination! For some reason I connect it with Christmas but I do enjoy them all year round 🙂 These look amazing!

veganmiam.com
    September 19, 2013 at 11:07 am

It is hard to resist these yummy desserts, howeve it is easier to share if you make the desserts for others! I have one brother who loves to eat everything, except for fried foods (he doesn’t like them) and he always eat more of my leftovers (which is better than having leftovers!) I can see why it is hard to share with even more siblings! These no-bake mint chocolate protein bars look mouthwatering – I love a bit of peppermint flavor with the chocolate in these – and I haven’t tried the Vega products yet, is the French Vanilla flavor your favorite?

I’m really good at sharing with families or friends around. I give them big portions than my portion (I’m too generous and it’s nice not to have leftovers). But if I am on my own, I devour it completely (a really bad thing…) and it’s better to share it with people around.

veganmiam.com
    September 19, 2013 at 11:07 am

*however

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat
    September 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm

My husband asked me the other day, “are we out of treats or are you hiding them somewhere?” Ooops, he’s on to me! These are definitely worth hiding! Thanks for sharing them at Raw Foods Thursdays. I’d love to make them over the weekend! (And rethink my hiding places…) 😉

nutritiouslysweet.com
    September 20, 2013 at 12:20 am

Mmmm! These sound awesome and are super simple!

christine
    September 27, 2013 at 11:48 am

what purpose does the protein powder serve? could I sub something else?

Trish @ infinebalance
    September 27, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I can totally relate… I feel the same way about “my food.” It’s mine. Don’t touch.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    September 30, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Oh Davida! I can relate to this 100%! For as long as I can remember, my father has worked the night shift…and for most of my childhood, I also remember that once he came home at the end of his shift…while all the house was quiet…he became a FOOD THEIF!! My mom would buy us “treats” sometimes…special cereals, snacks, and my favorite little if-I-ate-one-now-I-would-probably-die-from-a-sugar-high coffee cake bars from Little Debbie. My sister and I would have to HIDE them in our rooms so my dad wouldn’t eat them! haha! And yeah, don’t even get me started on the week-long arguments that ensued with my college roommates after someone finished a box of cereal that I’d bought only two days before! MINE!!!!

Love the pictures! Love the recipe! Love that you put protein powder in them…I swear those all date/nut bars do absolutely NOTHING for my hunger! Putting these on the list of things to make for sure! 🙂

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda
    October 8, 2013 at 8:37 pm

that happened when i was in school too except we didn’t hav any healthy food to be stolen; it was gross, typical-university-broke-student food like ramen noodles, canned soup, chips etc LOL

this looks SO GOOD!!

Food Lately No. 10: Pumpkin Chili and Lots More | Labels Are For Tin Cans
    January 9, 2014 at 10:26 am

[…] No-Bake Chocolate Mint Energy Bars: I attempted to make a nut-free version of these and I think the ratios got a little messed up! If you can do almonds I’d recommend sticking with the original. While mine were pretty tasty I have heard rave reviews about the original ones! […]

dina
    January 26, 2014 at 6:58 pm

they look great!
    dina recently posted…Weekend Whets 1/24

Paige@FitNotFad
    February 20, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Ugh yesssssss chocolate mint is the BEST! I pinned these immediately and can’t wait to make them. Also MUST know the tea you were drinking! I have a chocolate mint tea from Might Leaf but am always looking for more….
    Paige@FitNotFad recently posted…Good Morning Yoga Poses

Post One – Learning Lessons and Mint-Choc Protein Bars | Transformation Bowl
    August 4, 2014 at 1:20 am

[…] originally found the recipe I modelled these off at The Healthy Maven and with a few small changes tailored these to my (sometimes fussy) taste. I now have a super easy […]

Make your own protein bars | My Lucky Stars
    August 19, 2014 at 8:08 pm

[…] For ages now I’ve wanted to try making my own protein bars because store-bought ones are so expensive and I can’t justify adding them to our weekly grocery bill. So I tracked down a recipe which sounded close to my favourite Atkins ones and I made these – No-Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bars. […]

What I Ate Wednesday | Hummusapien
    August 20, 2014 at 6:01 am

[…] five seconds after my smoothie because that’s how my body rolls these days so I snacked on a No-Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bar. These protein bars are the BEST—they’re even man-approved! Big-muscle-man-approved, […]

well, hello monday… |
    August 25, 2014 at 8:06 am

[…] eats: one. two. three. four. five. six. […]

Strawberry Quinoa Oatmeal Bars | Hummusapien
    August 27, 2014 at 2:01 am

[…] not only an uber talented mint chocolate protein bar creator, but she’s also a whiz with Pinterest and photography and all that behind the scenes […]

April
    September 2, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I am totally in love with these bars. IN LOOOOOOVE. Just thought you should know. Totally yum.

September 2, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Aw thanks April! Gotta thank Alexis for passing on the good word. They’re one of my favs!

Nadia. Cabrales
    September 3, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Hi, want to try these tomorrow , can I substitute the mint ? What are your substitute suggestions ?

September 3, 2014 at 9:38 pm

you could certainly leave out the mint though I haven’t tried it myself. Perhaps try replacing it with vanilla extract or almond extract. Let me know how it tastes without it!

Ana
    September 4, 2014 at 12:35 am

What’s the nutritional information on this?
    Anyone know? I’d really appreciate it! !

Easy After School Snacks - Julie's Eats & Treats
    September 5, 2014 at 3:13 am

[…] No-Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bars […]

greensdrinksnews.roon.io
    September 5, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Good post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our site.
    Keep up the great writing.

Here is my web blog :: treating eczema naturally – greensdrinksnews.roon.io,
    greensdrinksnews.roon.io recently posted…greensdrinksnews.roon.io

What I Ate Wednesday | Hummusapien
    September 10, 2014 at 8:48 am

[…] I knew I wasn’t eating lunch till late, I packed a couple little protein bars. I left out the peppermint and used chocolate MCT Lean vegan protein powder…amazing!! And […]

What I Ate Wednesday | Hummusapien
    January 21, 2015 at 9:02 am

[…] also noshed on a no-bake mint chocolate protein bar made with Skoop protein that I packed before work. I love snagging these from the freezer for a […]

alisha
    February 11, 2015 at 12:46 pm

what is the measurement for the almond milk?!

Deborah
    April 17, 2015 at 1:28 pm

I just want to thank you for this! I know this post is a year and a half old, but I somehow just stumbled upon it yesterday and decided to try them last night. OMGosh. Delicious! You’re awesome!

April 17, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Aw thank you! You totally made my day 🙂 One of my fav recipes too! So happy you’re enjoying them 🙂

angie
    May 30, 2015 at 2:58 pm

anybody knows the macros in this bar?

angie
    May 30, 2015 at 3:02 pm

never mind i loaded it on my fitness pal
    110 calories per bar
    7gr fat
    15gr carbs
    4gr fibres
    8gr sugar
    3gr protein

you’re welcome 🙂
    angie recently posted…βασική συνταγή για εύκολο παγωτό χωρίς παγωτομηχανή (3 υλικά)

Jessica Wilson
    July 6, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Made these and love them!!! They’re so good straight out of the freezer!

Didn’t have almond milk so just used water since I used half almonds and half cashews like you did and when I make almond milk I always just blend almonds and water so I thought it’d be fine, and it was!

Also don’t have a food processor (yet lol obviously need one for these recipes eventually!) but I have a Vitamix so I just blended the nuts in that then mixed them into pre-pureed baking dates along with the rest of the ingredients. Took a little while but worked! – Just in case anyone else doesn’t have a food processor. And you can also buy almond meal/flour or another nut flour if you don’t have a high powered blender!

Thanks for the recipe!! Will be making again 🙂

July 8, 2015 at 6:32 am

So happy you enjoyed them and thank you for your thoughtful comment! I always love hearing about people’s variations and I know they are so helpful to others as well. Now I’m inspired to go whip up a batch! Thanks so much Jessica!

connie
    December 7, 2015 at 2:13 am

hi there, just to be clear… •2 T almond milk means 2 tablespoons?

Abby
    January 13, 2016 at 5:31 pm

I stumbled upon this recipe today looking for some healthy snack ideas. I made them and I loved them! I had to add a bit more of the almond milk (maybe 2 tsp?) to get them to that sticky point, but you were spot on with that suggestion I also did some rough calorie counting and divided by 12 and they come out approximately 100 cals. Talk about the best 100 cal snack I’ll have in a day!

The Healthy Maven
      January 14, 2016 at 3:05 pm

so happy to hear you enjoyed them! I make them all the time and just love having them on hand to snack on!

Lyndsay
    March 10, 2016 at 7:45 am

What is the nutritional content?

fran
    March 12, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Hi, would love to try these. First what should the consistency be if I use whey powder? Also, any nutritional value for these? thank you.

March 13, 2016 at 11:19 am

Whey and other protein powders will yield similar results! You may need to add a bit more liquid (1-2 tbsp) if using whey. I unfortunately don’t have the nutritional value of the recipe. Feel free to enter it into a nutrition calculator online!

Interchangeable Blog
    August 31, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Chocolate Labels Add An Extra Kiss

[…] but it seemed to do the opposite. I became very territorial about my food. I wa […]

Michele
    January 21, 2017 at 11:30 pm

I am loving these bars but I’m not sure I’m adding enough dates. 1 cup seems to be about 4 ounces, unless I really mooch them in. Can you tell me how many ounces of dates you are using?

January 22, 2017 at 10:28 pm

I’ll have to measure next time! I really back them in there so generally I get closer to 6 medjool dates!

Protein Blog
    May 3, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Protein Cookie Chocolate Orange

[…] three older siblings I might have learned this skill, but it seemed to do the o […]

Annelyse
    May 12, 2017 at 1:39 am

I tried making these but my food processor couldn’t process the dates. Am I doing something wrong? I just used the kitchenaid hand mixer. I tried softening the dates with hot water but that didn’t work either. Was I using too many dates?

Annelyse
      May 12, 2017 at 1:43 am

Sorry i meant hand blender not mixer

May 12, 2017 at 11:00 am

Hi Annelyse, Sorry to hear you’ve had trouble! Unfortunately the recipe won’t work with a hand blender. You need a food processor or high-speed blender. Hand blenders aren’t powerful enough for the dates!