The other day my brother mentioned that a tea I was drinking tasted a lot like the mint chocolate protein bars I used to make all the time. I was a) shocked he actually ate something of mine that was healthy and b) enraged to discover he was my protein bar thief! All this time I’ve been blaming my Dad for eating my bars (sorry Dad!) when in fact it was my sneaky older brother. Do you see why I became so territorial? It also reminded me that I hadn’t made these deliciously healthy treats in a while and all of you definitely deserved the recipe.
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of nuts (I used 1/2 cup cashews and 1/2 cup of almonds)
- 3/4 cup protein powder (I used Vega One French Vanilla but whey protein works too)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 T almond milk (if using whey protein, you will need to use slightly more)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place dates in food processor and process until pea-like consistency is reached.
- Add in nuts and continue processing until dates and nuts are finely ground.
- Add in protein powder, cocoa powder, salt, peppermint extract and almond milk and process until a well-combined sticky ball is formed.
- Take a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and line with plastic wrap.
- Place bar mixture into dish and flatten, making sure the top is even.
- Place in freezer for at least 15 mins.
- Remove from freezer and lift plastic wrap out of dish.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Do you have a kitchen thief? Are you good at sharing?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!