These Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are packed-full of flavor and nutrition but are completely grain and oil free. They will quickly become your new favorite Spring treat for healthy snacking on the go.
Before I left for Dublin I was so on point. I was working 2 weeks out (unheard of for me!) and successfully scheduled everything so I could fully detach while I was away. Detaching felt amazing at the time but it’s like I completely forgot how to blog while I was gone.
Turns out blogging is nothing like riding a bike…unless we’re equating it to my near-death experience mountain biking in Utah.
I realize that 90% of you don’t realize the work that goes into blogging, but as it turns out neither do I. I’ve mentioned my work-hard, play-hard mentality so I guess when I’m working hard I don’t even realize how much work it really is.
First there was the grocery shopping, which after returning from vacation meant that lugging my bundle buggy home was basically a crossfit workout.
Then there was the recipe development. Luckily I’ve gotten my paleo muffins down so I kind of cheated and adapted an older recipe to make the lemon poppyseed flavour I was going for. Hey, all food bloggers do it and they’re lying if they say they don’t. There I said it.
I got them on the first try, but I still wanted to make a second batch a) because I couldn’t stop eating them and b) because I like making them with silicone liners to test how well they work. It was at this point that I completely forgot about round-2 (no shame…I was totally watching the finale of The Challenge) and burnt them slightly.
This was followed by a photoshop session where I drastically overexposed the photos because I didn’t realize my brightness was all the way down.
And now here I am writing to all of you about first world blogging problems. After nearly forgetting to write the intro blurb, fill-out the SEO plugin and set the featured image, I’m gonna put my money on that I’m forgetting something else and I’ll hear about it from you in the comments. Maybe if I eat 10 of these Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins I’ll remember how to blog again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners or silicone liners or grease well and divide batter evenly among wells.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, watching carefully to not burn (unlike I did...).
- Remove from oven and let cool in tray for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Will keep for several days in an airtight container on the counter.
*If your batter is too dry it is due to the type of coconut flour you are using. Add additional liquid in the form of non-dairy milk.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!