cookies dessert gluten-free

{VIDEO} Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies

September 2, 2015

A recipe and video for Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies made with just 3 simple ingredients and in only 1 bowl! These cookies are ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Healthy snacking doesn’t get easier than this!

A recipe and video for Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies made with just 3 simple ingredients and in only 1 bowl! These cookies are ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Healthy snacking doesn't get easier than this!I have an idea for a new episode of MTV’s True Life series. True Life: I’m addicted to peanut butter. Starring Davida from The Healthy Maven and Lee from Fit Foodie Finds.

I have no doubts that our very real problem with peanut butter could cover an entire hours worth of reality TV binging. In fact, I’m somewhat surprised they’ve yet to come calling. I’ve only tweeted at them 15 times…

But actually, Lee and I take peanut butter consumption to the next level. We CRUSHED 3 containers of bulk barn organic peanut butter in 5 days. I’ve never been more grateful that the cashier at bulk barn assumes I buy the cheap, regular, sugar-filled PB rather than the more expensive, natural, organic variety that I actually buy. I’m aware it makes me a bad person for never correcting her…I blame the peanut butter.

A recipe and video for Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies made with just 3 simple ingredients and in only 1 bowl! These cookies are ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Healthy snacking doesn't get easier than this!Admittedly, some of it was used in the THREE batches of peanut butter cookies we made while Lee was visiting last week, but when Lee comes to town I always know to stock up.

And of course because the Fit Foodie was around, I insisted that she make an appearance in my latest YouTube video. Some might say I forced her into it through peanut butter bribery. Those people would be correct.

You may also notice a guest appearance from our girl Nikky from HealthNut Nutrition! Besides her appreciation for all things peanut butter, Nikky is just all-around freaking amazing. The three of us in a room just makes sense. We could chat for hours on all things blogging/vlogging, boys, peanut butter, life, food, peanut butter, hair wands, peanut butter.

Did I mention peanut butter?

A recipe and video for Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies made with just 3 simple ingredients and in only 1 bowl! These cookies are ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Healthy snacking doesn't get easier than this!So as the powerhouse trifecta that is Healthnut Foodie Maven, we combined forces for the greatest cookies to hit YouTube since chocolate chip stuffed oreos. But more like the dumbed down, healthy version of those.

Watch the video –> stock up on peanut butter –>make these cookies –>attempt self-control.

Feel free to attempt in the order of your pleasing. In the meantime, you’ll find me filming for the latest episode of True Life.

Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies

Cook Time 25 mins

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
  4. Roll dough into 12 balls and flatten lightly with the palm of your hand.
  5. Using a fork, score cookies in opposite directions while flatten slightly more.
  6. Bake for 12 minutes.
  7. Remove cookies from oven and let sit on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before removing and either serving or storing.

Notes

*I love freezing these and eating them cold out of the freezer, but I'm weird like that!

While you’re at it, be sure to check out Fit Foodie Find’s recap of her trip to visit me in Toronto –> HERE

What would be the theme of your True Life episode? Who are your blogging soulmates?

Lee
    September 2, 2015 at 8:12 am

If the bulk bin cashier judges our pb consumption, she’s just jealous because she can’t hang!
    Lee recently posted…Toronto 2015

kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    September 2, 2015 at 8:39 am

OH YUM!!!! These sound amazing!!!! I think I might make them with sunflower seed butter since I can’t get enough of it these days!
    kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Celebrating our one year wedding anniversary

September 3, 2015 at 9:19 am

I totally need to try that! Love me some sunbutter!

Trish
    September 2, 2015 at 8:41 am

What exact peanut butter did you use? The kind that needs refrigeration or the smooth? Thank you!

September 2, 2015 at 8:50 am

I use smooth, natural peanut butter (no preservatives, sugar or salt-added). Technically if you’re keeping it for a long time you need to store it in the fridge, but since mine rarely lasts more than a week I never do! It should be smooth and liquidy when you make the recipe though!

Lexi @ Lexi's Clean Kitchen
    September 2, 2015 at 9:06 am

CUTIES. Love the vid- and these, obv! XOXO see ya FRIIIIDAAAAY.
    Lexi @ Lexi’s Clean Kitchen recently posted…Kale, Caramelized Peaches, and Crispy Onion Salad

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    September 2, 2015 at 9:38 am

Oh my, these look delicious, I could just grab a handful (or two) and devour them on the spot!

Love how easy and uncomplicated it is, with only 3 ingredients! So making these!

Davida, can you tell me what is the font you used in the photo to write “Healthy”? Thank you!
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Strawberry Mango Asparagus Salad

September 3, 2015 at 9:16 am

So easy there is no excuse not to make them!! The font is Angelina!

Sara @ Oats & Rows
    September 2, 2015 at 11:15 am

These look like perfection ! 🙂
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…Currently: September

Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen
    September 2, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Aahh you girls are so cute! These look super lovely and way too easy. Everyone needs to make them ASAP. And, lovely video! <3
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Perfect Family BBQ Recipes for Labor Day [Sides, Mains, & Dessert!]

September 3, 2015 at 9:14 am

Aw thank you girly! So sad we just missed you in T.O.!

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    September 2, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Love this video! You three are adorbs and those cookies look bomb. Must say I’m a little jealous – I really want to be in that kitchen eating peanut butter with you guys 😉
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…Salmon Avocado Tartare Tartine

September 3, 2015 at 9:15 am

You NEED to be in the kitchen with us! Why do I have a feeling you’d fit right in???

She Rocks Fitness
    September 2, 2015 at 9:11 pm

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! I love how simple these cookies are…I am going to have to try them with Nuttzo…Thanks for sharing! XOXO
    She Rocks Fitness recently posted…She ROCKS Bench Workout

Beverley @ sweaty&fit
    September 3, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Loved the video!! It was cool to see where all the magic takes place 🙂 Can’t wait to see more Davida!
    Beverley @ sweaty&fit recently posted…REVIEW: Lululemon “Free to Be Wild” Sports Bra

Dani @ Dani California Cooks
    September 3, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Wow – it really doesn’t get much easier than this! And I pretty much have these ingredients on-hand all of the time.
    Dani @ Dani California Cooks recently posted…Vegan Gingersnap Cookies (gluten free)

September 4, 2015 at 5:13 pm

It really doesn’t get easier! Hope you enjoy, lovely 🙂

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen
    September 6, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Storing all treats in the freezer is kind of the best! Makes them so cold and delish! Love it!

Nora (A Clean Bake)
    September 8, 2015 at 6:18 pm

I’m actually terrified to make these cookies because they are so quick and easy and I’d eat the whole batch by myself…then make more. Ahh I love this recipe!

September 8, 2015 at 9:45 pm

I wish I could tell you not to be terrified, but that’d be wrong haha. Thanks, girly!!! xx

Jennifer McCleary
    October 5, 2015 at 7:47 pm

After having made these cookies for the past four weekends, I thought it time to send a quick note to say these are fantastic! Even my 18-year old son loves them. They are the perfect size for a snack mid-afternoon, without overdosing in sugar or gluten. Sometimes, I do add one bittersweet chocolate chip in the middle of each cookie. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

October 6, 2015 at 1:24 pm

That’s so awesome! I’m happy to hear you’ve been enjoying them. It’s a nice way to curb your sugar cravings without overdosing! Thanks for sharing, lovely!

Bruna
    May 11, 2016 at 11:34 am

Is it possible to use brown sugar instead? Its really hard to find coconut sugar in my small town!! 🙂

May 11, 2016 at 11:37 am

absolutely! Brown sugar works perfectly.

Bruna
        May 11, 2016 at 11:39 am

Oh, Thats great!,Thanks!!!!! 🙂

Mabel
    May 26, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Would it be possible to use a flax egg in these cookies to make them vegan? Thanks in advance!

May 27, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I’ve heard some people have had luck replacing with a flax egg. You can certainly give it a try!

Cailee
    June 22, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I just made these with a combo of cashew and sunflower butter and added a handful of chocolate chips at the end and they turned out AMAZING!! Thanks for the inspo!

Rebecca Baron
    July 21, 2016 at 5:04 pm

These look so good and healthy too! I’m pinning so I can try them later.

Cherie
    August 28, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Can you use regular peanut butter and heat it up a bit?

August 28, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Just use regular peanut butter but no need to heat it up. You’ll just have to mix it a bit more.

Noelia Montaner
    April 13, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Just made the cookies. They are delicious. I coconut sugar so I did 1/3 cup of brown sugar and I added chocolate chip to a couple of them.

Ivonne
    April 18, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Would I be able to replace the coconut sugar with stevia? We live overseas and couldnt fine no coconut sugar =( and if yes how much. Thank u