These decadent but still healthful tahini brownies are made with a rich dark chocolate and a creamy tahini base to create an exciting new twist on a classic brownie recipe. You’ll wonder why you never thought to mix tahini with brownies before!
I’d like to take a moment to thank my Mom for being the brains behind these brownies. She gets 100% credit for the idea, which I never would have thought of on my own but made perfect sense to be the second she suggested it.
You see, Green and Black’s Organic Chocolate and I have teamed up to bring you recipes for Mother’s Day! Naturally, I had to ask my Mom what kind of chocolatey dessert she’d like to see for her special day and little did I know my Mom has better recipe ideas than even I could have come up with.
Luckily, Green and Black’s agreed on the genius that is the tahini brownie and so off to the recipe tasting races I went.
Watch me whip up these Tahini Brownies over on YouTube and give your Mom the best gift ever for Mother’s Day!
Over the years, my Mom has proven to be the ultimate THM fan. She’s actually outdone my Dad who held the title for 2 years running. She’s become a social media aficionado just to keep up and I’m pretty sure is sitting at home right now watching my YouTube videos over and over.
She’s also my #1 PR lady and I’m fairly certain she’s single-handedly responsible for my entire Toronto readership.
…I apologize to anyone who’s inbox has been spammed with THM content.
Perhaps more importantly, she’s always keeping my kitchen stocked-full of Costco sized goods like coconut oil and tahini. Without her, I think it’s fair to say these brownies and maybe even the blog would not be possible
So Mom, these Tahini Brownies are dedicated to YOU. For being the ultimate THM supporter and the best Mom. Thank you for introducing me to the world of food and for letting me spread my wings even when I told you I wanted to quit my secure, full-time blog to become a food blogger.
Would be nowhere without ya!
- 1/4 cup Green and Black's dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 150 grams of Green and Black's Organic 70% chocolate
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together cocoa powder, oat flour baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar and chocolate.
- Place bowl over (but not touching) simmering water to create a double-boiler.
- Heat up over medium heat, stirring often, until melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat and whisk in tahini.
- Whisk in eggs, banana and vanilla.
- Mix in cocoa powder mixture.
- Transfer batter to baking pan ensuring top is smooth.
- Add 9 dollops of tahini over mixture.
- Using a butter knife, create swirls to make pattern along the top. See video above for further instructions.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until desired texture is reached. 25 minutes makes a fudgier brownie, leave for 5 more minutes for something more cakey.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into 16 squares and removing from pan.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Green and Black’s Organic. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make THM possible and bring more delicious recipes your way!
Who is your ultimate blog supporter? What are you whipping up for Mother’s Day?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!