Healthy Chickpea Blondies made from everybody’s favourite bean! They’re gluten-free, high in protein and sweetened with maple syrup. No one will guess that they’re made from chickpeas!
Or like my annual declaration of “The blog is changing! Thanks for understanding!” that seems to happen every year in August/September? Man I’m like a broken record. See here, here and here for proof.
And yet everything has changed all at the same time. The seasons, the blog, ME. I’m all like “guys I’m more than just a food blogger!” and then all I want to do is bake and post recipes.
RELATED: Healthy Avocado Brownies
This recipe for Healthy Chickpea Blondies was created 100% for me, which is exactly how it was 3 years ago when I started the blog. I just wanted to experiment in my own kitchen and see what happened. Of course I’m thrilled that people actually read and make what I share, but I’m learning that unless I’m making myself happy first, what I’m doing will not be sustainable. I know…what a novel concept! White bean blondies or not!
Fortunately for you, it means all the baked goods, because we all know my first love is baking. Thank you for tolerating my yearly identity crisis. I baked you blondies to show my appreciation!Print
Healthy Chickpea Blondies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 blondies 1x
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas*
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Coconut oil, for greasing pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor combine chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add in oats, baking soda, sea salt and egg. Process until batter comes together smoothly. Should take 1-2 mins.
- Stir in chocolate chunks (or chips).
- Spread batter into baking pan, ensuring that top is flat.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 20 mins before cutting into 12 blondies and removing from pan.
- Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
*This comes out to 2 cups. If you can’t find a 19 oz can, measure out 2 cups from 2 14 oz cans.
Like this recipe? Here are a few others you might enjoy:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!