This page contains some affiliate links. Please review my disclosure policy.
Have that craving for raw cookie dough, but want to keep things healthy? This Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough is raw, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free but still tastes amazing. And it’s ready in 5 minutes!
People ask me frequently what “intuitive eating” means and to me, it’s understanding that there’s foods that fuel our bodies and foods that feed our souls and we need a good balance of both to feel great.
I like using cookie dough as an example, because I think it explains it well. Cookie dough is basically the best thing ever, right? Minus the whole salmonella and that icky feeling we all get when we eat too much sugar. That doesn’t mean sugar, or fat, or carbs are evil. It just simply means that eating too much of it can make us not feel great.
If you want to eat it, I say go for it! Dream big, my friends. But if you can make a substitute that tastes as delicious, and also doesn’t give you a sugar crash, why not try it? If it can fuel my body, AND my soul, I am sold. Enter: edible peanut butter chocolate cookie dough!
Here’s What You Need
- Chickpeas – an awesome source of protein and fiber and the base of this recipe. If using chickpeas sounds weird to you, don’t worry! The other flavors shine through!
- MaraNatha Organic Peanut Butter – love this brand! It’s so creamy and has a sweetness with no refined sugar. Any creamy peanut butter will work – just make sure the only ingredients are peanuts and salt.
- Ground flaxseeds – a natural thickener and great source of omega fatty acids.
- Maple syrup – an awesome natural sweetener.
- Vanilla extract:– adds sweetness and that cookie dough flavor.
- Chocolate chips – because we all could use a little more chocolate in our lives. I like Enjoy Life chocolate chips because they are allergen friendly.
- Baking soda – optional but helps make this taste like a cookie!
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough
It doesn’t get much simpler than this recipe!
STEP 1: Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, flaxseed, maple syrup, vanilla and baking soda (if using) to a food processor or high speed blender. Process until the mixture is smooth – this typically takes 1-3 minutes.
STEP 2: Stir in chocolate chips and enjoy!
How to Eat Edible Cookie Dough
There are so many ways to enjoy edible cookie dough! Feel free to get creative or enjoy it in one of these ways:
- Eat with a spoon on it’s own
- Serve with apple slices
- Serve with graham crackers or animal crackers
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftover cookie dough in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to one week.Print
Edible Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup MaraNatha Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/3–1/2 cup maple syrup (depending on how sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- optional: 1/2 tsp baking soda (for added cookie taste)
- Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, flaxseed, maple syrup, vanilla and baking soda (if using) to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process until mixture comes together, scraping down sides as needed. Should take 1-3 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
*To serve: eat with a spoon, on apples, with animal crackers or vessel of choice. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.
Like this recipe? Here are a few others you might enjoy: