brownies dessert gluten-free paleo raw vegan

Raw Walnut Brownies + 6 Healthy No-Bake Recipes

May 25, 2016

4 ingredients is all you need to make these Raw Walnut Brownies. They’re gluten-free, vegan, paleo and refined-sugar-free but still taste incredible! Plus they take just 5 minutes to whip up.

4 ingredients is all you need to make these Raw Walnut Brownies. They're gluten-free, vegan, paleo and refined-sugar-free but also taste incredible! Plus they take 5 minutes to whip up.It’s been far too long since I’ve teamed up with my blogging ladies to give you the best of the best in healthy recipes. We’ve been at this for over 2 years and it’s been fun and challenging to try and make these monthly round-ups happen.

We love each other, this community and bringing you guys delicious meals, but as we’ve grown personally and professionally, trying to get a date on the calendar between 6 busy people has been interesting.

You guys should see our conversations trying to sort out dates. There’s literally one day each month when we can all post and it needs to be decided like 2 months in advance. Even then, some of us have to skip out every now and then because of a posting conflict. Those of you who think bloggers aren’t busy should take a look at some of these convos!

Needless-to-say even we needed a round-up that included easy, simple recipes that don’t require a lot of time. NO-BAKE TO THE RESCUE!

HealthyNoBakeTreatsSo today we’re bringing you our favorite no-bake recipes. Perfect for breakfast, snacking or dessert (or like anything really…). Let’s jump in:

These Raw Lemon Coconut Bars from Fit Foodie Finds are naturally sweetened, gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and a perfectly refreshing dessert! I tried them myself when I was in Minnesota and they are AMAZING.

Get the recipe –> HERE

raw-lemon-coconut-bars4Easy, customizable, and totally perfect for the summer months these Kiwi pops or bites from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen are coated in chocolate and drizzled with your favorite toppings!

Get the recipe –> HERE

SaltedKiwiPops4A healthy frozen treat, these banana ice cream bars from Eating Bird Food are topped with date caramel, sprinkled with walnuts and coated with a crunchy chocolate magic shell. They’re absolutely delicious, vegan, gluten-free and paleo!

Get the recipe –> HERE

Chocolate-Caramel-Banana-Ice-Cream-Bars-3These puffed millet cookies from Running to the Kitchen are a no-bake treat coated in dark chocolate and filled with dried cranberries and toasted macadamia nuts.

Get the recipe –> HERE

Chocolate Cranberry Puffed Millet Cookies-3

These salty-sweet, super easy, no-bake bars from Food Faith Fitness taste like a frozen Almond Joy! They’re the perfect healthy summer treat that’s paleo and vegan friendly!

Get the recipe –> HERE

no-bake-bars-photo

This recipe for Raw Walnut Brownies actually came out of another recipe I developed for Avocados from Mexico. It was part of the crust of a no-bake cheesecake I made and even though I could eat like 15 of them at once, I kept finding myself going for the crust first.

4 ingredients is all you need to make these Raw Walnut Brownies. They're gluten-free, vegan, paleo and refined-sugar-free but also taste incredible! Plus they take 5 minutes to whip up.So naturally, I had to see how it would taste if the filling was ditched and I froze them into brownies.

Not surprisingly, cacao powder, walnuts, dates and sea salt make for a seriously delicious treat that literally takes 5 mins to make. The only downside being that they take 5 mins to make and therefore dessert has become all-too accessible.

4 ingredients is all you need to make these Raw Walnut Brownies. They're gluten-free, vegan, paleo and refined-sugar-free but also taste incredible! Plus they take 5 minutes to whip up.But honestly, I could go for any of these recipes. I’m a total sucker for no-bake because I love anything easy and allows me to spend time with my best friend, Mr. Food Processor.

What? You don’t consider a food appliance to be a best friend? Try any of these recipes and you will understand what I mean.

Raw Walnut Brownies

PREP TIME 10 mins

1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until mixture comes together into a sticky ball. Do not over-process as the walnuts will break down too much and make the mixture difficult to hold together.
  2. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
  3. Spread mixture into pan ensuring top is flat.
  4. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
  5. Remove from freezer and pan and cut into 12 brownies.
  6. Store in an airtight container in freezer.*

Notes

*these are best directly from the freezer and may get too soft if left out for too long. They still taste delicious though!

4 ingredients is all you need to make these Raw Walnut Brownies. They're gluten-free, vegan, paleo and refined-sugar-free but also taste incredible! Plus they take 5 minutes to whip up.Thoughts on no-bake recipes? Have you ever tried raw brownies?

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
    May 25, 2016 at 7:56 am

I do not eat walnuts nearly enough and these brownies remind me that I REALLY need to change that! I can’t wait to try these babies! Pinned!

Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It
    May 25, 2016 at 8:01 am

4 ingredients?! Yes please!! Amazing roundup Davida, absolutely in LOVE with this recipe and the others! 🙂 No-bake recipes are the best during the summer!
    Marina @ A Dancer’s Live-It recently posted…Quieting Negative Body Thoughts

May 26, 2016 at 6:21 pm

the BEST! I hate turning on the oven in the summer so this solves all of our problems!

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat
    May 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm

I just don’t even know which recipe to start with…they all look so good! Your raw brownies sound like the perfect after work treat.
    Heather @Gluten-Free Cat recently posted…The Glutening

May 26, 2016 at 10:01 am

I keep them in the freezer for an after EVERY MEAL treat 😉

May 26, 2016 at 10:45 am

Usually, raw vegan desserts don’t taste too much like they’re what supposed to replicate, but they taste wonderful regardless! I love how simple these ingredients are, as well as this amazing roundup of recipes! Mmmm, CHOCOLATE.
    Cassie recently posted…How to Incorporate More Veggies In Your Diet (like a boss)

May 26, 2016 at 6:17 pm

I swear these taste just as good as store-bought brownies 🙂

Brittany
    May 26, 2016 at 10:48 am

Any brownies that take 5 minutes to whip up and require only 4 ingredients sound like perfection to me!! Need these in my life.
    Brittany recently posted…Chocolate Caramel Banana Ice Cream Bars (Vegan + Gluten-Free)

May 26, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Yes you doooooo but I especially need those ice cream bars!!

Dani @ Dani California Cooks
    May 26, 2016 at 2:14 pm

I make a very similar brownie with almonds…it’s deadly. Can’t keep them around my apartment!

May 26, 2016 at 6:13 pm

I keep them in the freezer hoping that I’ll forget about them…I never do!

Chelsea Gloeckner
    May 27, 2016 at 10:42 am

I have all these ingredients on hand, so I am so glad you posted this recipe! Have you ever tried making these with a different dried fruit than dates? Thanks!

May 27, 2016 at 12:10 pm

I haven’t yet but figs or raisins would likely also work!

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    May 30, 2016 at 11:24 am

Sounds yummy! I remember when I was on bed rest in a cast for 2 weeks I asked Boyfriend to make me a batch of your Crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls, and though they turned out quite runny (i ate it with a spoon :-D), I loooved it. I’m pretty sure this Raw Walnut Brownie will have the same fate/success and disappear in no time in my stomach 😉
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Oriental Lentil Casserole

Rebecca Dawkins
    May 31, 2016 at 5:41 am

Seems delicious! I’m always ready to try which is healthy. Surely going to try this raw walnut brownie. Thanx for sharing this!
    Rebecca Dawkins recently posted…Home Pag Tagline

Lexi
    May 31, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Making these this week!!!!

Anisah
    June 1, 2016 at 11:30 am

These are delicious! I made half the recipe becausee my food processor is a baby and made them in to balls instead. They were sooo good. I made them this morning and they’re already finished and my husband has requested I make them again.

June 1, 2016 at 12:24 pm

aw so happy to hear that! I rolled my last batch into balls too! So yummy!

Victoire
    July 3, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Hi Davida! I really want to try this recipe but I don’t have a food processor…would it be possible to run the ingredients through a blender instead? (It’s also not my blender, so I wouldn’t want to break it…).

I’m also substituting the dates for brown sugar – do you think 1/2 cup would be enough? I also have maple syrup I could use.

Many thanks!
    Victoire

Lauren
    October 1, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Great recipe, absolutely delicious! My daughter can’t have dates, so I used a 1/3c of pure maple syrup instead (I also tried it with agave), and I still got consistent results! Today I’ll be adding Almonds to it!

Martin
    March 9, 2017 at 3:58 am

Why do you write cacao powder twice?
    It’s like you want to write something else, like cacao nibs maybe?
    I did my in vitamix and it didn’t stick together so great, I’ll try to mix the nuts better maybe that will help.
    The taste is really good though!

March 9, 2017 at 11:59 am

Hi Martin! The difference is subtle but it’s actually cacAo power vs. cocOa powder. Cacao powder is raw and unprocessed. Either works but raw cacao has many more health benefits. Hope this helps!

Lisa
    May 27, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Are there nutrition facts for this somewhere? Thank you.

Jenn
    October 14, 2017 at 7:49 am

I made 17 rounders and calculated the calories and it came out to 170 for each rounder. A nice treat!