balls/bites dessert Fall gluten-free snacks vegan

Apple Pie Bites

October 9, 2019

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I am so inspired by fall flavors! Apples, squash, pumpkin, sweet potato… the list goes on. I’ll never tire of creating new fall recipes!

I love apple pie and apple crisp but sometimes I just want a quick snack that doesn’t take much effort. Enter: apple pie bites. These apple pie bites are ready in 20 minutes and made with just a few key ingredients! The only kitchen appliance you need is a food processor. Let’s get to it!

Packed Full of Energy!

These little snack bites are packed with nutritious ingredients to keep you satisfied and energized all day long. The combination of dates, dried apples and oats provide a great sense of fiber, the cashews provide healthy fats and protein and the cinnamon and nutmeg help round out this snack in the flavor department! They’re perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert – both at home and for on-the-go snacking.

Apple Pie Energy Ball Ingredients

• Dates
  • Dried apple rings
  • Rolled oats – make sure you get gluten-free oats if necessary.
  • Cashews
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Sea salt

How to Make Apple Pie Bites

STEP 1: Add the dates and apple rings to a food processor and pulse until they are pea-sized.

STEP 2: Add in the cashews and process until the dates, apples and cashews come together in a sticky ball.

STEP 3: Carefully break up the ball with your hands and add in the oats, spices and salt. Process until all of the ingredients are well combined and have a sticky consistency.

STEP 4: Roll into 15-20 balls.

apple-pie-bites-5Get your apple pie fix with these raw, gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free apple pie bites! Ready in 20 minutes and will totally satisfy your sweet tooth for dessert or a snack.How to Store Energy Balls

Store your energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They will last up to a week in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.

Apple Pie Bites

• Author: Davida Lederle
  • Prep Time: 10 minutes
  • Cook Time: 0 minutes
  • Total Time: 10 minutes
  • Yield: 15-20 balls 1x
  • Category: Snack
  • Method: Raw
  • Diet: Vegan

Scale

1. Add dates and apple rings to a food processor and process until pea-sized.
  2. Add in cashews and process until dates, apple rings and cashews come together in a sticky ball.
  3. Break up the ball with your hands and add in the oats, spices and salt.
  4. Continue processing until all ingredients are well combined and have a sticky consistency.
  5. Roll into 15-20 balls, depending on size.
  6. Store in fridge or freezer.

Keywords: energy balls, apple pie bites

Heather Wilson
    October 9, 2013 at 12:28 pm

That recipe looks amazing!

last year we went over to a friends house for Canadian Thanksgiving. It was in October and a Sunday. She is from Canada, but her husband is in the military and is stationed here in Florida. She doesn’t have any family here so she really wanted to still have a huge Canadian Thanksgiving with all of her closest friends. I most certainly expecting “thanksgiving” type foodies, but nope! We didn’t even have turkey! It was like a mix of all kinds of food including, shrimp, and beef. Oh, and yes they had football on until it was time to eat!

October 9, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Lol oh girl. I’m Canadian and I’m totally with you on our lack of Thanksgiving OOMPF. First off, it just comes too early. I love the whole holiday season thing that the Americans got going on… but I guess we gotta do it early in Canada because it just gets so dang cold by November. Gah. Nevertheless, my family still celebrates with a turkey dinner and lots of good food. There’s still ways to make the most of it.

Oh… and these bites look delicious 🙂

Jessie
    October 9, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Ha Ha, you’re too funny! I totally think you should be leaving in the states – at least during OUR Thanksgiving holiday.

Madison
    October 9, 2013 at 12:07 pm

This post makes me chuckle~!! and it makes me hungry because these apple pie bites look so delish!!! lara-barish!

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    October 9, 2013 at 11:34 am

Hahahah this post made me giggle. I kind of like Canadian Thanksgiving, in it’s flexibility (that way you can go to 2 dinners if your significant other has one too!) and I’ve never been a fan of marshmallows or football 😉 I think it’s laid-backness and lack of focus is what makes it truly Canadian. I mean after all, all we want is an excuse to get together with family, eat rich food and be lazy right?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend away!

veganmiam.com
    October 9, 2013 at 11:28 am

I’m very picky around apples – it has to be tangy and sweet, particularly green and peeled. Do you have a favorite apple? What?! Dual American & Canadian – lucky girl and Trader Joe’s awesome hehehe! YAY that we will be celebrating Thanksgiving on the same day – I can’t wait to see your Thanksgiving meals! These Apple Pie bites look scrumptious!

I celebrate Thanksgiving with Doni and his family a lot, but my family don’t celebrate it at all, but my parents’ birthdays are around that time so I usually visit them. I simply can’t wait for Thanksgiving, for the past few years, 75% of the meals were vegan and delish!

Happy Thanksgiving to you in Canada – haha!

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate
    October 9, 2013 at 11:27 am

I need a food processor badly! Yum, these sound tasty!

Sky-Ann @ The Little Button
    October 9, 2013 at 11:17 am

Your Apple Pie bites looks good!!! Hope you have a great weekend. I am not sure if I am up to making a turkey supper this weekend. I would do it on a Sunday so we could have leftovers on the Monday and just relax…we will see 🙂

softserveandsquats.com
    October 9, 2013 at 11:01 am

Haha this post made me laugh 🙂 Your feelings about Canadian Thanksgiving definitely seem justified, and the Trader Joe’s outing sounds like a brilliant alternative!
    Sweet potato + marshmallow = my all-time favorite Thanksgiving dish.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday my dear!

Chelsea @ chelseashealthykitchen.com
    October 9, 2013 at 11:00 am

I’m offended!!! Just kidding.

I actually agree with you that I wish Canada made as big of a deal of Thanksgiving as Americans. That being said, my family does a pretty good job of celebrating it. We always have a big turkey feast at my grandma’s, including a trip to the local county fair beforehand. And then my parents, sister and I usually have a 2nd little celebration together just so that we can bake our own turkey for the sake of having leftovers haha.

taylorbee
    October 9, 2013 at 10:54 am

haha, I don’t blame you for being frustrated — thanksgiving is too delicious to not do right! also… these apple pie bites look AMAZING. pinning now and making ASAP!

Ksenija @ Health Ninja
    October 9, 2013 at 10:53 am

Hahaha, I actually never heard of Canadian Thanksgiving before – but it sounds kind of fun 😉 In Germany we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving at all, but I am enjoying a lot of the recipes and treats all fall through, so I guess that is all right. And regarding the apple pie bites: I would totally make these, but I have to admit the moment that I bring dried apple rings home they are gone. I am just too much of a fan of eating them by the handful.

1 2 3 6