balls/bites dessert Fall gluten-free snacks vegan

Apple Pie Bites

October 9, 2019

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I am so inspired by fall flavors! Apples, squash, pumpkin, sweet potato… the list goes on. I’ll never tire of creating new fall recipes!

I love apple pie and apple crisp but sometimes I just want a quick snack that doesn’t take much effort. Enter: apple pie bites. These apple pie bites are ready in 20 minutes and made with just a few key ingredients! The only kitchen appliance you need is a food processor. Let’s get to it!

Packed Full of Energy!

These little snack bites are packed with nutritious ingredients to keep you satisfied and energized all day long. The combination of dates, dried apples and oats provide a great sense of fiber, the cashews provide healthy fats and protein and the cinnamon and nutmeg help round out this snack in the flavor department! They’re perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert – both at home and for on-the-go snacking.

Apple Pie Energy Ball Ingredients

• Dates
  • Dried apple rings
  • Rolled oats – make sure you get gluten-free oats if necessary.
  • Cashews
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Sea salt

How to Make Apple Pie Bites

STEP 1: Add the dates and apple rings to a food processor and pulse until they are pea-sized.

STEP 2: Add in the cashews and process until the dates, apples and cashews come together in a sticky ball.

STEP 3: Carefully break up the ball with your hands and add in the oats, spices and salt. Process until all of the ingredients are well combined and have a sticky consistency.

STEP 4: Roll into 15-20 balls.

apple-pie-bites-5Get your apple pie fix with these raw, gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free apple pie bites! Ready in 20 minutes and will totally satisfy your sweet tooth for dessert or a snack.How to Store Energy Balls

Store your energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They will last up to a week in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.

Apple Pie Bites

• Author: Davida Lederle
  • Prep Time: 10 minutes
  • Cook Time: 0 minutes
  • Total Time: 10 minutes
  • Yield: 15-20 balls 1x
  • Category: Snack
  • Method: Raw
  • Diet: Vegan

Scale

1. Add dates and apple rings to a food processor and process until pea-sized.
  2. Add in cashews and process until dates, apple rings and cashews come together in a sticky ball.
  3. Break up the ball with your hands and add in the oats, spices and salt.
  4. Continue processing until all ingredients are well combined and have a sticky consistency.
  5. Roll into 15-20 balls, depending on size.
  6. Store in fridge or freezer.

Keywords: energy balls, apple pie bites

healthnutjulie.com
    October 9, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Ummm, I will take two Thanksgivings ANY DAY! LOL That’s awesome you’re a dual citizen 🙂 I don’t have a TJ’s anywhere near me so shop for both of us, please!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
    October 9, 2013 at 9:29 pm

You crack me up! They should just move it to Nov!

October 9, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Those apple pie bites look tasty!!!
    I love Thanksgiving – sometimes I think I like it more than Christmas because it is more relaxing. This year (as in many past), my younger brother and his family are coming to spend most of the week with us. There will be plenty of food, drink, Wii/XBox, shopping, laughing, working out – it will just be perfect. And then when they leave on Saturday or hopefully not till Sunday, I will spend the rest of of the weekend decorating for Christmas!!
    Hopefully you have plans to be in the US for Thanksgiving!!!

Mary Frances McNellis
    October 9, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Haha, you made me laugh (even though thats probably innaproproate … sorry:) I’m American:) These apple pie bites sound amazing and I love how easy they are! Perfect for snacking! I’m off to go get more dates. Running out of dates is depressing:) Hugs, Mary Frances

Sarah Cook
    October 9, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Well, I didn’t know any of those facts regarding Canadian Thanksgivings so thank you for sharing, er venting. 🙂
    I like Thanksgiving because it means we get to be fat and lazy and that’s what American’s do best! Haha. I kid. We’re not lazy.

These bites look delicious! Have fun at Trader Joes! 🙂

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake
    October 9, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Don’t they look both cute and tasty?

eating4balance
    October 9, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Clearly it is YOU who needs to make a cookbook 🙂 I could just sink my teeth into some of these buddies.

Canadian Thanksgiving sounds… depressing. Haha. What is Thanksgiving without football (even though I don’t like the sport I couldn’t imagine my holidays without talk of football!), some type of sweet potato casserole, and why don’t they know when to celebrate it? How odd.

My favorite Thanksgiving tradition is to drive to West Virginia to see all of my country cousins. Lol. They would balk if they heard me say that, and I never would 🙂 But I just love sitting down with my dad’s side of the family and listening to all of their stories!

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    October 9, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Haha! Now I am very curious about Canadian Thanksgiving! FYI, my grandma makes the best marshmallow yams! She might have an extra seat this year! 😉

Tara
    October 9, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Marshmallow yams, what? I must be doing Thanksgiving wrong because I never heard of that!

I know we already talked about HIMYM but Robin makes me love Canada! And you and the fact that an Ai Wei Wei exhibit is in your hood!

End scene.

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    October 9, 2013 at 5:51 pm

It’s a pity that we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Spain, because I’d definitely love me some marshmallow yams and turkey! These bites look amazing, though, and I’m surely going to try them 🙂

Khushboo
    October 9, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Not American or Canadian but I’ll take any excuse to eat excessive amounts of turkey & sweet potato..and pie ;)! Although I think you need to take advantage of your dual nationality and milk both Thanksgivings!!

nuttylifeang
    October 9, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Whoa! I never knew that Canadian Thanksgiving was in October. Hm… I have some questions about this. What do you do for Turkey Trots? Is that a thing in Canada? Why no sweet potatoes (although I could leave the marshmallows out)? What about pumpkin pie? Stuffing? No football? What kind of Thanksgiving is this!? And how do you do black Friday shopping?

Okay I actually only really wonder about the Turkey Trots. The rest of that is a joke. While the food and festivities are fun, it’s the thoughtfulness/idea of the day that matters the most to me. No… stuffing matters to me too, but whatever.

1 2 3 4 5 6