Need a last minute kid-friendly dessert? Whip up a platter of this Chocolate-Drizzled Fruit! Just 3 ingredients necessary to a healthy and easy dessert recipe. Also a great option for a Christmas-themed dessert!
A Kid-Friendly Dessert!
I love this recipe because kids love it too. It looks fancy and there’s chocolate but it’s actually sneakily healthy with fresh fruit. I oftentimes make these chocolate drizzle fruit skewers around the holiday-time because the colors can be made to be Christmas themed.
Here’s What You Need:
- Strawberries – look for bright, plump berries that aren’t bruised or moldy.
- Green grapes – look for firm grapes that are securely attached to the stem! Avoid shrivelled or mushy grapes.
- Chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate – I use Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips but any chocolate works!
How to Make Chocolate Drizzled Fruit
STEP 1: Thread fruit onto wooden skewers, alternating between strawberries and grapes. Lay flat on parchment paper or a large plate or baking sheet
STEP 2: Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler on the stovetop or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl, heating in 10 second increments. Stir in between. Make sure you don’t overcook and burn the chocolate!
STEP 3: Use a spoon or piping bag (or ziplock bag!) to drizzle the fruit with chocolate. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
Use Any Fruit!
Of course any fruit can be substituted for the strawberries and grapes. Great options would be watermelon, pineapple and peaches in the summer. To keep with the Christmas theme you could use raspberries or red apple slices in place of strawberries and kiwi or honeydew melon in place of grapes.
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Fruit kabobs can sit out at room temperature for several hours if you’re serving for a party.
More Chocolate Treats to Try:
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds [Copycat Trader Joe’s Recipe!]
- Tahini Butter Cups with Cereal Crunch
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Bars
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies [Grain-Free]
Chocolate-Drizzled Christmas Fruit
Need a last minute Christmas dessert? Whip up a platter of this Chocolate-Drizzled Christmas Fruit! Just 3 ingredients necessary to a healthy and easy dessert recipe for Christmas!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 skewers 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Raw
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 lb green grapes
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (I use Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips)
- wooden skewers for serving
- Alternative strawberries and grapes onto wooden skewers (about 6-7 pieces of fruit per skewer)
- Lay flat on parchment or a large plate.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave (in 10 second increments) or over a double-boiler on stovetop.
- Using a spoon or pipped into a piping bag or ziploc bag, drizzle fruit with chocolate.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and chocolate should harden.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
*recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd.
Keywords: chocolate covered fruit, chocolate covered christmas fruit, christmas fruit
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!