Switch up your Peanut Butter Cup game with these Tahini Butter Cups with Honey Candied Cereal sprinkled on top for a sweet treat with a twist. This delicious chocolate dessert recipe is sweetened entirely with honey for a healthier swap!
I will choose a chocolate treat over a fruity treat every dang time. As soon as I took one bit of these Tahini Butter Cups, I knew they would become a fan favorite. For anyone that loves peanut butter cups, you need to try this tahini version!
This recipe is super easy to make. I guarantee that anyone can follow this recipe – even the most inexperienced chef can handle it!
- dark chocolate – I recommend using 85% dark chocolate. We used Alter Eco Blackout for this recipe!
- tahini – if you don’t have tahini on hand or want to switch it up, you can use softened coconut butter as well.
- honey – we love Beekeeper’s Naturals.
- flakey sea salt – for sweet + salty perfection.
- silicone baking cups – paper baking cups work as well but we love these for less waste!
- candied cereal topping – technically optional but I love the addition (and crunch!) of the candy topping! Any cereal works but we recommend bran or corn flakes.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is a staple ingredient in my pantry! I am fully obsessed. If you’re unfamiliar with tahini it is ground up sesame seeds that ends up being a super similar consistency to peanut butter. It has a mild, nutty flavor that pairs with so many different flavors. I’ve used it in brownies, energy balls, sauces, and salads.
We did test using both coconut butter and tahini. While both were amazing, the Tahini Butter Cups came out on top for me. C and I have been fighting over the leftovers!
How to Make Tahini Butter Cups
STEP 1: Combine the tahini and honey in a small bowl and set aside. This will thicken as you stir it which is normal!
STEP 2: Place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl and set over a small pot of simmering water to melt the chocolate. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. If you choose to microwave, I recommend heating in 15 second increments and stirring between each.
STEP 3: While the chocolate is melting, make the candied cereal if using. Mix the cereal and honey together in a bowl until the cereal is fully incorporated into the honey.
STEP 4: Arrange the baking cups on a small plate or tray. Spoon 2 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each cup. Place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
STEP 5: When the chocolate is set, spoon 1 teaspoon of the tahini mixture into each cup, making sure it’s as centered as possible. Place in the fridge for another 10 minutes to set.
STEP 6: Top the cups with 2 more teaspoons of melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt or honey candied cereal. Place in the fridge to fully set for 15-20 minutes.
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for longer storage. Once the cups have fully set, you can remove the baking cups and store in an airtight container.Print
Tahini Butter Cups with Honey Candied Cereal
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 cups 1x
- 2 bars (160g) of chocolate (85%) (we love Alter Eco Blackout)
- 3 tbsp + 1.5 tsp tahini*
- 1.5 tbsp honey (we love Beekeeper’s Naturals)
- Flakey sea salt
- Silicone baking cups
For the candied cereal:
- ½ cup cereal (use your preference but bran/corn flakes work well)
- 2 tsp honey (we love Beekeeper’s Naturals)
- Combine the tahini and honey in a small bowl and set aside. It will thicken as you stir it, don’t worry.
- Place the chocolate in a medium heat proof bowl set over a small pot of simmering water and melt the chocolate. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds.
- While the chocolate is melting, arrange 10 silicone baking cups on a small plate or tray. Spoon 2 tsp of melted chocolate into each cup. Place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 tsp of the tahini honey mixture into each cup and make sure it’s in the center of the chocolate. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tsp of melted chocolate on top of the tahini and sprinkle with sea salt (or honey candied cereal). Place in the fridge until fully set, 15-20 min.
- Pop out of the silicone molds and enjoy!
For the candied cereal:
- combine the cereal and honey together in a bowl until cereal incorporated into honey
*Can also sub coconut butter (softened) in place of tahini
More chocolate treats to try:
- No-Bake Tahini Chocolate Protein Energy Balls
- Dark Chocolate Tahini Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds [Copycat Trader Joe’s Recipe!]
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Bars
- Hot Chocolate with Superfoods
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!