A recipe for Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies. A simple gluten-free and vegan recipe that is ready in minutes. Little prep work required!
So after two days of trickier recipes I thought I’d throw in something that you can make with your eyes closed. I say eyes and not ears because if you miss the timer on these bad boys by more than 30 seconds they will burn. I learned that lesson the hard way.
A few weeks ago when the idea for the bake-off started swirling in my head I posted on Facebook asking what baked goods you wanted to see made healthier? Kelly being the awesome human that she is was the only person to respond. Thanks guys. So today I’m posting this recipe in honour of her and made a healthier version of oatmeal lace cookies as she requested! With some coconut added in because I’m incapable of not throwing in a twist.
Thanks to your lack of requests, I’ve been living in fear that no one will link-up on Friday. That or Blue Host is going to shut my blog server down on me. Blue Host, for the love of cupid GET IT TOGETHER.
Despite this, today I wanted to send out the love to all of my blends. From Toronto to New York to Berlin to Edmonton and even all the way in Sydney, I feel incredibly lucky to say I have made some amazing friends around the world. This community that I have found myself in is filled with unique individuals all with interesting and insightful things to share . Recipes are drooled over, controversial posts are written, and on occasion we disagree. But I wouldn’t want to change any of it.
To the people who I talk to on a daily basis, whose posts inspire me, who share their tips with me and let me share my insecurities with them, you know who you are. Thank you and a very Happy Valentine’s Day! All the love.Print
Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 dozen 1x
- 1/2 cup oat flour (AP flour will work too)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, rolled oats, coconut palm sugar, coconut flakes, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Using a 1 tsp measuring spoon, scoop dough and place on lined baking sheet. Form into a small ball and flatten slightly with hand. They spread a lot so only use 1 tsp!
- Repeat for 12 cookies per sheet (will take 4 cookie sheets for whole recipe).
- Bake for 5 mins. Watch carefully as they burn quickly.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for at least 2 mins (do not try to remove before then).
- Remove from baking sheet using a spatula and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Will keep for several days on counter in an airtight container.
Bloggers, what do you love most about this community? Non-bloggers (and bloggers!), last day to put in your healthy baking requests!
*Don’t forget, you have all week to post your VDay treat submission! The link-up will open this Friday February 14th.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!