These No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Balls are inspired by the ever popular Almond Joy chocolate bar but without all the gunk! They pack a serious nutrition punch and are also gluten-free, vegan AND paleo.
I’m calling it a farmhouse, but it more like a majestic winter resort house with a rustic flair. I spent a good amount of time sitting by the fire trying to come up with that one.
I also spent a descent number of hours trying to figure out how I got invited because I honestly didn’t feel worthy being surrounded by such awesome, cool people in such a spectacular place.
I often try to compensate for my lack of worthiness with my ball talent. I was taught to never show up empty-handed to a party (or weekend getaway) but I’m pretty sure my mother was suggesting wine or a loaf, and not healthy energy balls.
I was never very good at listening to my Mom though…Sorry Mom!
So I packed my sweats and toothbrush and whipped up a batch of my Blueberry Muffin Energy Balls to feed a crowd. I used to get nervous showing up places with healthy food and would usually blurt out “IT’S HEALTHY!” as though to warn people in case they think it sucks but I’ve come to learn that balls will never fail me.
And naturally, they didn’t. As always they were a huge hit and reminded me that it’s been far too long since I posted a new ball recipe. 3 months to be exact.
I love hearing people’s reactions when they try their first energy ball. Most people can’t believe they’re healthy, a lot of people think they’re donut holes and only 5% of people are completely freaked out by the concept.
I’m not friends with those people.
In my wildest dreams I’d create healthy energy balls for everyone’s tastebuds! Mine love the blueberry muffin goodness, C is a sucker for the key lime pistachio and I’m willing to bet there’s quite a few of you who are craving these No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Balls and don’t even know it yet.
If you’re feeling generous, you can bring them as a hostess gift but my guess is that with just one bite of these, the whole concept of sharing will go right out the window. Welcome to the crazy world of energy balls!Print
No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Balls
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen balls 1x
- Put 1/2 cup of coconut flakes into the food processor and process to break up flakes slightly (about 1 minute). Do not over-process or it will become coconut butter.
- Remove flakes and set aside
- Place dates in the food processor and process until they have broken up and come together into a ball.
- Break up date ball with hands and add in almonds, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of coconut flakes and sea salt.
- Process for several minutes, scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Add in vanilla extract and 1 T of almond milk.
- Process until mixture comes back together into a ball. If it doesn’t do this, add in 1 more tablespoon of almond milk. It should look like the photo above.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and roll into 2 dozen balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes you processed earlier.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks.
My dates were very sticky but older dates can dry out so if yours are not sticky, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes and then drain before using.
Want more ball recipes? Check out my
Healthy Energy Ball Recipe Round-Up!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!