All you need is 5 ingredients, one bowl and 25 minutes to make these No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars. They’re simple, delicious and packed-full of protein with 12 grams in each bar!
I’m convinced that if food blogging doesn’t work out for me, I have a future career at BuzzFeed. I am both amazing at coming up with click-bait and being that person who clicks through every single click-bait article that appears in their newsfeed. Basically, my life is one long stream of dramatic yet completely enticing headlines.
I don’t discriminate either. I will click anything from Bruce Jenner, to superhero news (#priorities) to ebola. If there was anything in my life that completely undermines my efficiency, it’s stupid and useless articles or any “21 ways you didn’t know you could use shoelaces”-style posts from BuzzFeed.
In addition to a long list of recipe ideas, I keep a file with catchy blog post or article titles in my phone. I almost never use the ideas I come up with, but should BuzzFeed ever come calling, I’m ready.
Last week I came up with a great one, which I genuinely debated using as the title of this post instead of “No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars”. I cannot believe I am legitimately sharing this with the interwebs but I ALMOST named this post “How One Girl Met Multiple Soulmates on Facebook”.
I should probably explain…
Last week I asked my friends on Facebook what their one food they couldn’t live without would be. 90% of you said Peanut Butter. That is how I discovered that there’s basically an entire subculture of humanity that I would like to marry. For clarity’s sake, I said “nuts” in all forms and despite the fact that peanuts technically aren’t a nut (they’re a legume), I totally was eating a spoonful of peanut butter as I posted the question on Facebook. So by nuts I meant peanuts and to everyone who responded with peanut butter, I LOVE YOU.
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars are for my peanut butter loving soulmates of the world. And now that I know there are so many of you out there, I should warn you that they are completely addictive. We’re talking 12 bars down in 2 days kind of addictive.
But it’s okay. You are not alone. We can have a peanut butter themed potluck and a PBAA (peanut butter addicts anonymous) meeting all in one. Who wants in?Print
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour**
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter and honey.
- Add in protein powder and oat flour. It should come together into a ball. Batter will be slightly dry.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over an 8 x 8 inch baking pan so that it hangs over the sides.
- Put batter into pan and flatten with hands so it fills the entire pan. Make sure it’s flat and even.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- While bars are in freezer, melt chocolate chips in the microwave. I heat in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Remove bars from the freezer and lift out of the pan using the plastic wrap.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Using a knife spread chocolate onto bars. OR place in a ziploc bag and cut off a corner and drizzle over bars.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.***
*Make sure your peanut butter is the natural variety, meaning the only ingredient should be peanuts! **You can grind the oats yourself or buy packaged oat flour. This may work with other flours but I haven’t tried.
***NOTE: The texture of these is best straight from the fridge or freezer. If you are eating them on the go, I recommend rolling the dough into 24 balls instead of 12 bars as they keep their shape better.
Like this recipe? Here are some No-Bake recipes that I think you’ll enjoy:
Are you a sucker for click-bait? Peanut Butter lovers of the world, shout your name, loud and proud!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!