This page contains some affiliate links. Please review my disclosure policy.
An easy and healthy lunch that’s great for sandwiches or big potlucks. This Pesto Egg Salad is filled with flavor and nutritious ingredients!
One of the things that I discovered about catering is that it completely sucks the life out of you. I mean that in the best way possible, but for 3 days straight I looked like a chicken with its head cut off in the kitchen. Simultaneously trying to bake 2 batches of granola, hard boil eggs, process my Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Bars all while trying to maintain my sanity is unbelievably challenging. Admittedly I still loved every minute of it.
But after it was done the kitchen and I needed a break from each other. Fortunately I went a bit overboard on the Pecan Pie Granola so I had enough leftover to live off of it for the next week. This is also kind of a problem since granola is my weakness and while I’d like to consider the half a cup of pumpkin in the recipe as my “salad a day“, I think a nutritionist may say otherwise. Thankfully I still have 5 days left living with my roommates (by that I mean parents) who took pity on me and fed me my veggies and protein.Print
Pesto Egg Salad
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 9-12 servings 1x
- For the pesto:
- 1 cup basil, packed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts (you can use a cheaper nut like cashews or walnuts too)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 2 celery sticks
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside
- To hard boil eggs, place them in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of water. Bring water to a boil.
- Once water starts to boil remove pot from heat, cover and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Remove eggs from pot with a slotted spoon and place in a colander. Run cold water over eggs until eggs are no longer warm.
- Once eggs have cooled to room temperature peel them and slice them into small chunks, or use this egg slicer.
- Slice celery in half length-wise and then chop into small chunks.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, celery, greek yogurt, and all of the pesto. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve or store in refrigerator for several days.