There are plenty of pumpkin spice recipes out there, but none as good as the ultimate pumpkin spice granola. The perfect breakfast recipe for your yogurt, smoothie or simply on its own. Good luck not eating this by the handful!
I was so excited to receive my copy of In the Company of Women to my kindle when it was released. I’m a big Design*Sponge fan and of course am all about female-run businesses and badasses so this was a book that I couldn’t wait to be released.
The book is full of 100 interviews with women in business giving their best advice and inspirational stories. I expected a lot of their journeys would resonate with me, but I never could have anticipated how much I’d connect with each and every woman in the book.
A common theme I noticed was when asked how they deal with tension or challenge in the workplace, a good number of these ladies responded that they talk it out with their teams. They get real and vulnerable and share how they’re feeling so they can work through to the other side.
Now I don’t have a big team (a small but mighty one!) but I also have all of YOU. It made me realize how much I depend on you to help me through those shit just hit the fan moments. How I’ve never shared my feelings with you and NOT come out feeling better.
After writing this post, I was clearly in a weird place. But you guys, my tribe, my team, my people helped me through it. And the other day on a walk with Lee I was explaining to her how I finally feel like I’m back. Like I’ve hit my stride again and I’m ready to tackle the challenges and triumphs of running this blog.
You helped me rediscover my voice and find confidence in sharing the recipes I make all the time, even if other people have done a version x1000 before.
I just wanted to say thank you and let you know how truly grateful I am for every single one of you. I know a batch of the Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Granola won’t make up for everything you’ve given me, but I thought I’d try.
Bon appetit and happy pumpkin season!Print
The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (see my DIY version to make it yourself)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3–1/2 cup pure maple syrup (use based on sweetness preference)
- optional: 1 egg white, whipped*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add in vanilla, pumpkin, coconut oil and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Place mixture on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Add in optional egg white at this point.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and turn over as much of the granola as you can.
- Place back in oven for another 15 mins.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 20 mins before placing in a sealed jar or container.
- Will keep for at least 2 weeks (if it lasts that long!)
*this helps to create clusters but is totally optional.
Share with me some female business owners who inspire you!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!