You guys confuse me. I post delicious recipes almost every single day and the post that gets the most hits is the one where I talk about absolutely nothing. You’re either completely out of your minds or big Seinfeld fans. I just don’t know.
Well since you seemed to enjoy the ridiculous thoughts that flow through my brain daily, I thought I’d bring you round #2 of Random Ramblings. Here’s what’s currently on my mind (no filter):
1. I’m thinking about changing my name to Amy/Kim/Heather/Meg(h)an just so I can fit in with the rest of my fellow bloggers. Clearly my parents had other ideas in mind than me becoming a blogger, otherwise I’m sure they would have named me one of the above. In fact I’m named after a book called “Davita’s Harp” by Chaim Potok. First of all you will notice that my parents must have mispelled my name on my birth certificate since I’m fairly certain it’s spelled DaviDa. Second, when my parents bought a Davita’s Harp on a visit to Israel they actually gave it to my sister and not me. Riddle me that one. And third I’ve never actually read the book. Hence why I have no issues with changing my name.
2. My Pinterest is impressively organized, but if I’m being honest I don’t think I’ve ever actually made a recipe I’ve pinned. If I’ve pinned your recipe, please do not be offended. It means I actually have the intention of making it, but that it likely won’t happen for another 40 years. You’re doing better than those recipes which I haven’t pinned that almost definitely won’t be made. I still drool though! I’m just trying to be realistic here.
3. I’m really digging my new CEP Canada compression socks. Yes, I am aware I’m not running, but it turns out that compression socks serve more purposes than just running recovery. They’ve actually been quite helpful after spending 4 hours standing in the kitchen in baking class, or baking for YOU. And they go well with my running shoes which I wear everywhere. I’m almost at the point that I’m considering wearing both with a skirt. Once that happens I’ve either become a religious jew or you should knock me over the head and give me a wake-up call.
|yeah I’m rocking compression socks, runners and floral pants. WERK IT!|
4. On the last Ramdom Ramblings I posted this song for you. But clearly none of you listened to it/listened to me when I told you I have impeccable taste in music. Only Jo listened after which she reposted it on her blog and you all realized how amazing it is. Is my lack of modesty deterring you from trusting my music selection? I’ll give you one more shot. And after you finally acknowledge my superior music selection skills, go buy the rest of the Haim album. You’re welcome.
5. I’m off to Montreal today! It’s been too long since I’ve seen my main squeeze (ok it’s only been two weeks) but I’m excited to see him and deliver the most ridiculous cookies. You’ll have to wait until next week for the recipe though, because I seem to get off on making you wait. On the roster for the weekend: NOTHING. And that’s what I call ditching my compulsive planning tendencies. You proud?
What’s on your mind lately?
Any recent music discoveries?
Shout out to all my Amys, Kims, Heathers and Meg(h)ans!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!