I’m baaaaack. Welcome to Random Ramblings, a place where I discuss my latest food addictions, force my epic music selections on you and showcase my terrible selfies. Pleased to have you join me.
1. Last weekend we discussed my infamous mayor’s crack problem. This weekend we’ll discuss mine. In the form of Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds. I cannot stop. They are incredible and only confirm my suspicions that Trader Joe’s is the foodie version of a drug cartel. How I am going to make the two boxes my parents brought back for me from Cleveland last until my next visit to the US is beyond me.
2. I’ve developed a new habit and I think I’m starting to annoy people. Clearly I love blogging but apparently I’ve decided that anyone who has something even remotely close to a talent should love it too. Oh you make artisan dog shoes? You should start a blog! You have an unhealthy obsession with rubber bands? Blog about it! I caught myself doing this the other day with one of my oldest camp friends who has the most stellar taste in music. But she really should start a music blog. Exhibit a=this song which she so kindly shared with me. Love you eseids!
3. Many of you commented on this post that you wanted to know what I looked look when I cook…now do you take back your wish? This is my “uniform” aka C’s track sweatshirt, my McGill sweatpants, my afro tamed in a bun and fuzzy Christmas socks that I wear year round (unpictured). This is how the magic happens.
4. In honour of the release of the new Hunger Games movie I am dedicating a whole point to my girl crush Jennifer Lawrence. If you don’t already have a girl crush on her, this buzzfeed will make you. Such a boss. Besides my obsession with Jennifer Lawrence, I also have an affinity for tween books, movies and popstars. I’m particularly excited for the release of this movie.
5. In addition to my new habit I have also discovered a talent of mine. Sleep “baking” (if microwaving counts as baking). I woke up at 4:00 AM two nights ago with a ravenous appetite and had an intense craving for cake. Apparently in my delirium I came up with a pretty awesome recipe and also managed to not wake up my parents. Win! Sorry for the terrible photo, I haven’t quite mastered sleep photography.
- 1 T brown rice flour
- 2 T vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 2 T pumpkin puree
- 1 egg white
- 8 drops of liquid stevia
- Spray a mug with nonstick spray or coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 10 seconds.
What’s your current food weakness? Any newfound talents or music finds? Should I continue with Random Ramblings or are you not interested in my mindless thoughts?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!