{MIMM} Weekend Recap 12/06-12/08

Another week, another Monday! I keep dreaming of 2 weeks from now when I’ll be in Minnesota escaping from reality. Must.keep.going. As I mentioned last week, life is kind of crazy at the moment. So crazy that it has gotten to a point where I’ve needed to make some changes. I’ve alluded to these changes before but it’s about time I come clean on them, or at least one of them. So here goes!

As I subtly hinted on Instagram, in 2 weeks I will be leaving my full-time job. I swear I haven’t gone off the deep end or made a hasty decision. I’ve been wanting this since about my second week at the job. As I quickly discovered, studying baby brains is not my passion. I want to share more details on my future plans but i’ll save that for another post. The one thing I will miss about my job? The amazing ladies I spend 8 hours a day with. I have the best coworkers in the entire world and I will miss every single one of their beautiful faces. And they will miss my baking :)

work Besides my incredible coworkers, I am also grateful to be getting back into the gym. I’m going once a week now and that is enough for me. I’ll be honest, it was a bit dismaying seeing my weight on the trap bar halved from my strongest, but you gotta start somewhere. My lady muscles are hurtin’ today!

trapbar And then to feed those lady muscles I ate my weight in sugar cookies. My nephew and I baked and decorated what felt like 300 cookies. He was the best helper and was down with my method of “sprinkles on the cookies, sprinkles in the mouth”. Except that it’s perfectly acceptable for a 4 year old to pull that off. Also, how awesome are those cookie cutters?

sugar cookies

Then I spent that rest of the day rounding up my kitchen staples for this post. I had every intention of photographing things in my actual kitchen until I realized what a mess I am. This is something that majorly irks my Mom and makes me question whether I got any of her cleanliness genes. In case you missed it, I rounded up all of the ingredients that are commonly used in my recipes and in my daily eats.

my kitchen page Sunday was not particularly thrilling. I was hoping to sleep-in but my body had other ideas so I went to hot yoga instead. And since I omitted a selfie on yesterday’s Spill it, Sunday post I’ll include one of me looking fabulous pre-yoga. The rest of the day was spent working at my part-time job. I did manage to squeeze in a new recipe for the most delicious tasting and looking cookies that hopefully I can get my act together and post this week. Keep me accountable!

yoga copy Thanks to the Diva for hosting! Monday is feeling marvelous…but maybe that’s because I only have 2 work Mondays left eeeeee! <–serious excitement!

MiMM Have you ever quit a job? What did you get up to this weekend?

Comments

1. says

Wait, studying baby brains??! What do you do? I’m awful at quitting jobs. I obviously had to quit mine in Minneapolis before moving and I broke down in tears… super embarrassing. I can’t wait to hear what is coming next for you!

2. says

I cant wait to hear about whats next for you! sometimes when you close one door, another one of fabulous opportunities will come.. so YAY!! and its always great to get away, keep looking forward to it, there IS LIGHT at the end of the tunnel… I swear! ;)

3. says

“Sprinkles on the cookies, sprinkles in the mouth” sounds pretty much like my weekend… except with chocolate chips ;) I was planning on posting a recipe tomorrow, buuuuuut I polished off too much of it and didn’t manage to take any pictures :lo: Looks like another day of baking tomorrow.

PS – two more weeks!!!!! #happydance

4. says

I’ve quit so many jobs I would have too many to count but I’ve had a lot of both full time and part time work over the years.

Can’t wait for the next part of your news to hear what you plan on doing.

Love your pantry / recipe list it is too cute :)

Sounds like you had a marvelous weekend indeed.

5. says

Good for you on whatever changes are coming up, can’t wait to hear! I actually quit the job that I’m at now after my son was born, but went back a year later when the position was still open! I left on good terms, so they took me back! 300 cookies is a lot of work! Have a grew Monday!

6. says

I did quit my job – a little over a year ago. One of the hardest things I had to do in my life! It was a part-time job in event planning but consumed me 24-7. Enough was enough. Best decision even though it was a tough decision to make- but it had to be done and I have now pulled together my own career in the making. I am so much happier and sometimes, you have to go with what will end up making you happy. It wasn’t easy to leave the money since I ended up having to quit before I found something else but I am telling you, it all works out in the end.

• says

Honestly I’ve been feeling like my job gets in the way of me living my life. I totally respect that some people need to put up with whatever crap their job gives them but at this point in my life I just don’t feel like I should have to. Plus it’s not like the money was good ;) And I know things will work out even if it’s uncertain right now!

7. says

I’m excited to hear about your future career plans. I think you should bake & cook me treats for a living. Wouldn’t that be AWESOME? Just Fed Ex me everything.
    Actually, the job I work at now is one that I quit 2 years ago. It’s funny how life works out, but, initially I felt unhappy, unappreciated & unfulfilled so I quit, and then almost exactly 2 yrs later, my old boss called me & asked if we could have a meeting to discuss my interest in coming back…. well, they gave me an offer I’d be silly to pass up, so now here I am.
    So far, I don’t regret it. HAHAHA. But we’ll see. If I get angry/sad, I’ll just quit… again…

• says

That would be awesome! Anddddd maybe what I have in store ;)

Clearly they love you at your job. Can’t say the same about mine. Well my coworkers are awesome but my supervisor SUCKS. Even if they wanted me back in 2 years I wouldn’t go back.

8. says

This is what I get for not fixing my deadbeat phone! I miss out on everything Instagram-related :( I’m glad you still updated on your blog though or else I would have never known. 2 weeks. I’m sure the time will just fly by. Enjoy those last moments with your co-workers.

I’m very excited to hear about what you are going to do next! :)

I had to quit my internship from this summer, which was paid, so I guess that counts as a job. I worked full-time for 3 months and then I was supposed to move to part-time and work up at school remotely. The internet set-up just wasn’t conducive to fulfilling that though, so I had to let my coordinator know that it wasn’t going to work out.

9. says

I’m so excited for you that you’re taking the steps to pursue what you’re really passionate about. I can’t wait to find out what you’re going to be doing! My guess? Some kind of baking culinary school. :D

I’ve never quit a job, but I quit my degree to start a different one, so it’s sort of similar. And let me tell you, it’s 100% worth it!!

10. says

Good for you for following your heart and leaving your job, you have to do what you feel is right!

Yay for some good workouts too, I miss yoga!

2 weeks will fly, soon you will be there! Happy Monday!

11. says

I’m so happy that you’re able to be back to the gym now! But let’s face it, I’d be even more if I was able to eat some of those cookies ;-) Love the “sprinkles on the cookie, sprinkles in the mouth method” haha. These look adorable!
    Happy Mondaty! xo

12. says

Davida, I am happy for you! Making a lifestyle change is NEVER easy but I bet you feel like a weight is off your shoulders. :) Cannot wait to hear what your plans are going forward! And YAY for going to the gym again…not so much when the lady parts hurt but oh well. hehe! Also, I ate my weight in chocolate chip toffee cookies this weekend. They were thick and gooey and calling my name. I had to answer, right?! Right.

13. says

Oh my gahhhhhhh I’m so so excited for you!! I knew the day would come for you sooner rather than later :) I’m excited to hear what your “plan” is, Also–YES to being much weaker now than before. I’m still not lifting weights but sometimes I accidentally do a few weight exercises and they are SO much harder than the used to be haha ahhhh well.

14. says

Good luck with the job change. Life is short…it’s good to go with your gut. Those cookies look amazing and I love that chart of your pantry/cooking ingredients!

15. says

I’ve only quit my job once when I didn’t have another full-time job lined up and it can be really scary! Good for you for going after what you want, though! I didn’t make any cookies this weekend, but I did make a carrot cake that’s delicious!

16. Anna Kriegel says

heyyyyyyyyyyyy its me just reading your blog on a daily basis DUH. what are you doing after this job???? love you, love every post. MWA.

17. says

Good for you for listening to your heart/instincts regarding your job and career path — it’s definitely the right choice, and if there’s anyone who can land on her feet after making such a big decision, it’s you. Hooray for only having two Mondays left before moving on to bigger and brighter things!

And OMG, 300 cookies sounds like an epic task. Mad props, my friend. :)

18. says

girl, I’m loving your new blog look but you haven’t been showing up in my blogger dashboard for the past 2 weeks! so weird! anyway, it sounds like the decision to leave your job is right for you, and I wish you the best of luck in moving forward :) are you getting out of psych? can’t wait to hear your plans!

19. says

i love you so much. i had to get that out of the way first.

now, i’m so happy that you’re taking the plunge and moving away from something that doesn’t interest you. for many, that is scary and for many, they’d just stick it out because “it’s a paycheck” but clearly, you have your head on right and taking the bull by the horns.

i’ve quit many jobs because they weren’t for me. i even quit a long time job i loved without any prospects of another one because the director tried to screw me and when i found out, i walked into her office the next day and bitchslapped her with my resignation letter. ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat!

so this is a good thing and congrats to you for having the courage to do this. Balls to the wall.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

20. says

I am completely intrigued about this whole studying baby brains job you had. I think it’s so wonderful that you’re stepping away from a position. It can be hard – especially w/ the economy these days. It’s scary, but at the same time so enlighting. Can’t wait to hear about all the new possiblities that will be thrown your way … oh & for the sugar cookie recipe.

21. says

HOOORAYYY for changes. It will all be good…you just need to give it time. I am excited for you to come to MN too…I’ll get to see you for all of 5 minutes (sad face sad face). What time do you get in again? I will stay up til Midnight if that means I get to shoot the shiz with your face and your pinky ring boyfrand :)

22. says

Wow congrats on taking that big step! It takes a lot of courage to quit a job. I was really nervous telling my first boss that I wasn’t coming back, and that was at an ice cream shop, haha! I can’t wait to hear what you have up your sleeve.

23. says

I’ve never ever seen a trap bar. It looks funny and intimidating at the same time – never thought that this would be possible. Your lady muscles look awesome, by the way, and I am sure that your strength will be back soon, too. It’s the funny thing with muscles they seem to have a pretty good memory ;)

24. says

Little kids are (usually!) so much fun to bake with! Those cookies rock. :) You can never have enough sprinkles! I’m so jealous of your curly hair! Hey, this is the best time to not have your act together because no one does in December! Can’t wait to see your cookie recipe!

25. says

I got to two WODs on Saturday, one group one and another for Olympic weightlifting. I was beat on Saturday night! It felt really good, and even better to take off today to recover more and hopefully head there tomorrow! In 2 weeks, I’ll be DONE with my semester and it will be amazing.
    Minnesota?! That is awesome; any plans to come up to Duluth? Its been a bit chilly here, so dress warm!

26. says

I remember talking to you about your job a little bit at the meet up we had a few months ago, and thinking that it didn’t sound like your passion at all – I’m glad to hear that you’re taking steps to chase your real passions in life! Seriously happy for you lady and can’t wait to hear about the next step.

27. says

I switched companies almost 2 years ago and it was NERVEWRACKING but definitely worth it. Pretty much like you, I liked everyone, the work just wasn’t for me.
    And, you were right, two-a-days…ROUGH. And, I’m counting an AM gym session and PM yoga as my two-a-day. I was so tired! I didn’t realize how much yoga can take out of you. I just found a hot yoga studio, but I’m not sure if I’m too ‘beginner’ for it. I just picture myself dry heaving face down on the mat crying for my mom haha.

• says

I hope it’s worth it!

As for two-a-days? Not worth it haha. Yoga is always a workout for me! I cant’ even imagine finding the energy to do anything else. And I just pictured you dry heaving on the mat screaming mommmmy and it was awesome haha

28. says

I have had to quit a few jobs. The first place I worked – the work environment was horrible. One person quit after spending a day in the office (seriously). Once I got another job offer, I didn’t even give two weeks notice. I felt so vindicated to tell the boss I was leaving in a week. Although I had some great co-workers, I walked away from that office and never looked back.

29. says

Your cookies turned out so cute!! Where did you get the cookie cutters from? I need to find somewhere to buy doggie themed cookie cutters for my pup’s birthday party this weekend :)

And yes, I’ve quit a job before. It was my first job and I was so nervous to leave but it turned out to be the best decision. If this amazing blog is any indication, I’m sure you’ll be incredibly successful in your future plans!

30. says

So…what are you going to do after you leave your job? Did I miss that somewhere or have you not told us yet?

Either way, I am so proud of you for being brave. It takes a lot of courage to up and leave a job that is safe/reliable to follow your dreams towards what will truly make you happy. Good for you! I can’t wait to follow you on your journey. It will be exciting and I’m so happy you did it now, while you are young.

Your kitchen staples look a lot like mine!! We’re kitchen twins. :)

31. says

I’m incredibly excited to hear about your new adventure! YES, I’ve switch from teaching to event planning and now I’m switching back to teaching (and part-time event planning)… Life is too short to be anything but happy, follow your passions!

32. says

Congrats! It sounds like this is the next step to doing what you love! Girl, I’m on my 5th career choice since college (you might say decision-making isn’t my strong suit) so I know what it feels like to quit a job. ;) You gotta do what’s best for you though!

33. says

YAY for you building and feeding your lady muscles this weekend!!

I saw your IG post and was like WHATTTT when I saw your sneaky little hashtag about quitting your job! I feel like you’ve mentioned not being completely happy with your job for awhile, so major kudos to you for making a move. That takes guts, and I have a feeling that you’ll wind up way happier in the long run!

34. says

I totally understand about wanting to find a career that “fits.” I haven’t had one yet, but I’m hoping one day that I may. Until then, I’m just enjoying my days anyway. I love that Kris Carr says you can make your life great right now, the way it is. :) I hope your transition is exactly what you need!

35. says

Dude…. I am so stoked you have made this decision. Cannot wait to follow along and see some amazing things happen…. you’ve already achieved so much all before your 25 (which by the way, don’t think I’ve forgotten the Harry Potter checklist needing to be ticked off ;))

Here’s to some great steps…ESL and all.

36. says

Congrats on the career change Davida, sounds like an exciting development!

You still look super bad ass lifting that trap bar! I haven’t been lifting heavy for a while either so I’m definitely not at my strongest anymore. :(

The sugar cookies look super good! I don’t see anything wrong with your method of sprinkles on the cookies, sprinkles in the mouth. :P

37. says

Good for you!!!! Can’t wait to hear your future plans!! That’s my goal one day too – to quit my job and be a FT blogger and runner! haha…Which reminds me – do you have any healthy home made ranch dressing recipes??? We are ranch fanatics around these parts and I’d love to find a healthy version that I can make because other brands just don’t = Hidden Valley. :(

38. says

Sounds like you had a pretty great weekend!!! Can’t wait to hear what is coming next for you – I’m sure you will be amazing no matter what it is!
    Glad you are back in the gym – slow and steady!!!

39. says

CONGRATS! I am always so excited for people when they quit their job. I would say more about it but I’m sure all my movements on the internet are being tracked… I can’t wait to hear more about what’s in store… don’t leave me hanging!

40. says

Oh my gosh! Congrats on taking such a big step! I really truly hope you end up working for something you are passionate about. You are like a superhuman with the amount you do! I am so excited for you!! I wish you the absolute best! Love the yoga shot! :)

41. says

Ahhhh! Are those MUSTACHE cookies?! WANT! And seriously, you are too cute for words! You AND your lady muscles!

Congratulations sweetie! I’ve left a job, but never my career as I’ve worked in the hospital since I graduated from x-ray school. While I don’t exactly feel like this is what I want to do for the REST of my life, right now, it’s hard to think about other venues. I mean, the pay is good…the schedule is – workable…and I kinda get to be my own boss while I’m on the clock. It’s really not so bad…most of the time!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Movie Monday