Did someone just say winter? Lord help me. But seriously, here in Toronto if you blink Fall is basically over so now that the leaves have fallen I am preparing myself for the hiberation that is winter in Canada. Throughout the winter I tend to turn to soups for my main source of veggies, but it’s not fair to rule out salads entirely. That’s why I recruited my girl Jess to do some digging on the best healthy warm winter salads out there to inspire me and all of you all season long.
Jess will be stopping by here on occasion to share some recipes that have been inspiring her and I’m thrilled to have her. I’ll let Jess take it from here…
Who says salads are just for the summer time? It may be sweater weather, but that doesn’t mean that salads have to be off the table. Trust me, I understand that it is only natural to crave piping hot soups and comforting chilis in the winter, but just because its cold out doesn’t mean scurvy should be an option!
Swap out cold greens for sauteed leafy greens, colourful roasted veggies and hearty grains. Here are 20 healthy warm winter salads that will keep you healthy, full and out of hibernation all winter long.
1. Maple Roasted Acorn Squash Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette from The Healthy Maven
2. Moroccan Salad with Fig, Basil, and Prosciutto from Cotter Crunch
3.Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Chicken and Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette by Food Faith Fitness
4. Pomegranate and Pear Mason Jar Salad by Fake Food Free
5. Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad by The Healthy Maven
6. Roasted Cauliflower and Farro Salad with Feta and Avocado by Cookie and Kate
7. Roasted Broccoli and Quinoa Salad by Eating Bird Food
8.Mediterranean Wheat Berry Salad by Minimalist Baker
9. Autumn Arugula Salad with Caramelized Squash, Spiced Pecans and Pomegranate Vinaigrette by How Sweet Eats
10. Warm and Roasted Winter Salad Bowl by Oh She Glows
11. Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad by The Healthy Maven
12. Roasted Beet and Orange Salad by Baked Bree
13.Chili-Orange Veggie Bowl by Love and Lemons
14.Farro, Pomegranate & Arugula Salad by Hummusapien
15.Winter Pomegranate Salad by Fit Foodie Finds
16. Warm Balsamic Kale Salad by Pinch of Yum
17. Warm Apple Fig Salad with Maple Dijon Dressing by Running to the Kitchen
18. Winter Rainbow Panzanella by My New Roots
19. Warm Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad with Maple Glazed Tofu by Heartbeat Kitchen
20. Roasted Fennel Salad with Orange and Mint by My New Roots
Are you a soup or salad person in the winter? Got more winter salad recipes? Comment with the links below!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!