dessert gluten-free pudding snacks vegan

Sweet Potato Rice Pudding

February 4, 2014

The move is done! I know all of you lovely people have been asking for pictures and trust me I wish I had something to show you, but currently I am writing this as I lay sprawled out on a rug (our only possession) on the floor. Unless Martha Stewart has declared air mattresses as the new “it” bed, I’m pretty sure our home furnishings could use some work…

Sweet Potato Rice Pudding

Fortunately our kitchen is fully stocked and functional (priorities people) so I’m still able to eat/take out my moving frustrations on the oven. AND now that I’m in my own place I’m allowed to keep the stand mixer in all its glory out on the kitchen counter. Truth-be-told I have no need to furnish the rest of the apartment when I can stare at my red beauty all day long.

While it is all kinds of awesome having full control over the kitchen (and fridge!) I am somewhat distraught over having lost half of my food prop collection. Growing up I rolled my eyes at my Mom’s belief that “everything has a dish”. Hummus goes in a special bowl, milk in a carafe and there are at least 5 different options for pickles…yes pickles.

Sweet Potato Rice Pudding 3

I honestly never understood or appreciated this until I started this blog 11 months ago. In that time I swear I look at dishes differently and my Mom’s collection of serving pieces in our basement has become a food blogger’s mecca! Besides obviously missing her phone calls to my bedroom while she is upstairs, I also miss her bowls 🙁

As this was the final dish I made in my childhood home, I consider this beautiful recipe an homage to the gloriousness that is my Mom’s food prop collection. I’ll miss you.

Sweet Potato Rice Pudding

Cook Time 60 mins
Total Time 1 hr

• 1/2 cup brown rice (I used short grain)
  • 4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used a mix of coconut and almond milk)
  • 2 T honey (or agave for vegans)
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium)

1. If roasting sweet potato preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and roast for 40-50 mins in tinfoil. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting open and scooping out 1 cup. OR microwave on high for 4-5 mins on a paper towel or microwave safe dish. Let cool and cut open to scoop out 1 cup.
  2. In a large saucepan add rice and non-dairy milk.
  3. Bring to a boil before decreasing heat to a simmer.
  4. Let simmer for 40-50 mins, stirring occasionally.
  5. Once all liquid has been absorbed and reached pudding consistency add honey,vanilla, mashed sweet potato and cinnamon.
  6. Add additional milk if pudding is too thick.
  7. Remove from heat and serve.
  8. Will keep in refrigerator for several days in an airtight container.

Sweet Potato Rice Pudding 2

Does “everything have a dish” in your home? Where do you buy your food props? Can you spot me in the spoons?

Louise
    February 4, 2014 at 5:19 am

Congrats on the move! It can be such a stressful time. This recipe looks delicious! Got to say, I haven’t tried anything like this before, but it looks the perfect comfort food for this weather 🙂

D @ The Kosher Cave Girl
    February 4, 2014 at 5:24 am

This looks so great, Davida! I might have to sub chia seeds for the rice, but I am SO making this. I’m glad the hard part of the move is over, and playing the part of interior decorator is so much fun!
    D @ The Kosher Cave Girl recently posted…Creamy Coco-Nutty Coffee Latte

February 5, 2014 at 5:17 pm

This would be so good with chia seeds!!! Such a brilliant idea!

Carolyn
        April 24, 2015 at 1:08 pm

How would chia seeds work instead of rice??

April 24, 2015 at 1:12 pm

It would be chia pudding instead of rice. I couldn’t tell you the exact proportions as I’ve never tested the recipe out myself but my guess would be around 6 T of chia seeds, 1 3/4 cup of non-dairy milk, sweet potato and the various spices. It’s a totally different recipe but for people who don’t eat rice chia seeds make a great pudding!

Jessie
    February 4, 2014 at 5:29 am

Okay – this is in my top 5 favorite recipes of Davida’s! I’m not sure I’d be able to keep it to 4 servings. I kind of want to crush some cinnamon graham crackers on top!

Jessie
      February 4, 2014 at 5:30 am

I’m not sure why I didn’t just say YOU, instead of davida’s – but whateverrr! Guess I like your name & wanted to use it? LOL
      Jessie recently posted…Banana Buckwheat Muffins

meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles
    February 4, 2014 at 6:07 am

First let me say that I already love this recipe. I think it would be perfect as my lunch lol. I bet you can even use quinoa and a spoonful of peanut butter would probably do no harm either…Love it. Anyway, I just remembered when I first moved out of my house and in with my husband (at the time since I am now divorced), I recall the same issue with the dishes and getting used to our stuff. We had registered and received so many things but the things I was used to from my parent’s kitchen slowly started to dawn on me – such as the perfect sized cereal bowl. I made a special trip to Crate and Barrel to locate the right sized cereal bowl and still have them.
    meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Three Tip Tuesday – Two Links + A Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

erin @ The Almond Eater
    February 4, 2014 at 6:44 am

Haha I would definitely not expect you to have your entire apt furnished—that ishhhh takes time! This recipe looks toooooo easy!! And I have all of the ingredients so…..may have to give this a shot!
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Why Yoga?

alex @ therunwithin
    February 4, 2014 at 7:09 am

I really like the texture of rice pudding and tapioca. I never thought of a flavor like this though!!
    alex @ therunwithin recently posted…Trade em up Tuesday: Eye Rollin’

Tina Muir
    February 4, 2014 at 7:36 am

Totally agree Davida! I used to think rice pudding…..uhhh no way! I have been thinking about making it for a while though now ! I think it is cause others (like you) make things we used to think were gross, look SO GOOD, so it teases us and makes us want to have them! Now I am even more set on rice pudding! AND it is a way I can satisfy my sweet tooth, and add extra carbs and vitamins to fuel my training. I am now getting into the part where I need to start being smart with my nutrition decisions if I want to peak for my race….this will work well as a dessert 🙂 Thanks!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Quest Bars Product Review

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    February 4, 2014 at 7:42 am

I seeeeeeee you!!! I totally get what you mean about designated dishes; I have a special oatmeal bowl (and it has a lid for travelling!!)
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…Blueberry Ginger Hemp Protein Bars

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    February 4, 2014 at 7:47 am

Moving totally stresses me out, I don’t envy you. But you still manage to create amazing recipe (in super cute bowls!) lol you impresss me like always
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…{Guest Post} Super Healthy Protein Nutella

February 4, 2014 at 8:01 am

I see you in the spoon! Are you wearing orange pants? 😛 And omigosh I actually commented on that before going back and reading your questions. Creepy.

I miss my mom’s collection of clutter too. I’m starting to build up my own (mostly out of blogging necessity), but I’d be lying if I said that buying random non-matching dishes doesn’t piss off the OCD side of my brain. and Homesense is my go-to for that kind of thing, although I hear IKEA is pretty good too…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. monthly favourites – january 2014 .

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    February 4, 2014 at 8:21 am

Seriously, who needs furniture when you have a stand mixer and a fully functional and stocked kitchen! Big pots and pans can double as stools to sit on, cutting boards lined up can be a bed..and so on 🙂
    I see you in the spoons with your camera! Awesome capture!
    I don’t have a whole bunch of props – but I do pick up odds and ends at Ikea and my fav – the dollar store!
    Your 5 ingredient rice pudding with sweet potato and cinnamon looks wonderful – healthy enough to be breakfast no?!
    Happy almost-blogversary (a month early)!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Black Lentil Soup

Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair
    February 4, 2014 at 8:33 am

Glad to hear the move went well! Let’s definitely grab a drink when you’re settled. This dish looks sooo good. I used to eat rice pudding all the time and this reminded me that I haven’t had it in forever. I know what you mean about food props. A few months ago, I shot a recipe at my Dad’s place and I felt like to options were endless! I feel like it takes awhile to accumulate a nice little family of food props. I love to go to Homesense, Target, and Anthropolgie (they sometimes have good sales on random things!).
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…Sweet Potato Turkey Shepherd’s Pie

February 5, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Kind of a problem how close we are to Homesense…We went there yesterday to pick up stuff for the apartment and I left with food props…food blogger props!

Kim @ BusyBod
    February 4, 2014 at 8:34 am

Phew, you’re done! Minus the decorating… I see you in the spoons! I still have no food props. I have to ease into these things so John doesn’t veto the blog. I definitely should have done some while I was at home because my mom’s kitchen is prop-heaven.
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…6 Tips for TRX beginners

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    February 4, 2014 at 8:45 am

Oh man, this looks so good! I am a huge fan of rice pudding, so to have a healthier, more nutritious recipe for it is a WIN. Thanks for sharing!
    Glad to hear that you’re starting to settle into your new place now! Best of luck, Davida! 🙂

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    February 4, 2014 at 8:45 am

When you Instagrammed this yesterday rice pudding was the last thing I expected! I could not for the life of me guess what it was. Rice pudding is something I consistently forget about! Adding sweet potato is unexpected and.. sweet! Yum.

We don’t really have designated dishes at my house, let alone many special dishes at all. Or nice spoons like you have. I will have to build up my own supply one day.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Spaghetti Squash Stuffed Peppers

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    February 4, 2014 at 9:00 am

Ooh lord this sounds heavenly!!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Marvelous Monday

Cat
    February 4, 2014 at 9:02 am

I’ve been after a good sweet rice pudding recipe for ages! This looks incredible. Congrats for the move! Just sounds like a great excuse to go food-prop shopping! (never thought that could be a thing until now…)
    Cat recently posted…Cat Sweat #2

Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body
    February 4, 2014 at 9:05 am

Despite sweet potato being super popular I don’t often find myself eating it. I really think this recipe I’ll be a great way for me to mix it up! It looks like such a great texture.
    Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body recently posted…Cheddar Flax Muffins – with lupin flour

February 5, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I’m actually not much of a sweet potato fan either but I loved it in this recipe! But I’ll take my roasted potatoes white 🙂

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat
    February 4, 2014 at 9:31 am

Congrats on the move! And I must say, this pudding sounds wonderful! So unique!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Chocolate Cherry Vanilla Almond Bites and NuNaturals GIVEAWAY

Em @ Love A Latte
    February 4, 2014 at 10:04 am

This looks delicious and congrats on the move! Enjoy your new kitchen and making it yours! 🙂
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Eating Meat-Free – One Year Later

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    February 4, 2014 at 10:08 am

1. YAY!!! You’re in!! Any disasters? Funny stories about living together for the first time? That would be a hilarious post coming from you :). 2. Gorgeous photos, as always. I have basically zero food props, so I’m looking forward to going through the comments to see where others get theirs! When I registered for my wedding 5 years ago, I went the “very simple” route – no fancy anything, just plain white plates. It has served me well until the blog! Oops! 3. YUMMMM!
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…Believe in Yourself

February 5, 2014 at 6:36 pm

omg I have some ridiculous stories already. I think I might save some for my ramblings cause they are insane.

I raided the dollar store yesterday for food props instead of buying a couch #priorities

Diane @ Life of Di.
    February 4, 2014 at 10:10 am

Oh wow! This recipe looks so much easier than It thought when first looking at the name! I will have to make this soon. I’m all about sweet potatoes and I think this would be a great evening snack 🙂
    Diane @ Life of Di. recently posted…Little Life Updates: January 2014.

Florence
    February 4, 2014 at 10:45 am

So delicious looking and healthy too! I’ll have to try that this weekend!
    Florence recently posted…Peter’s Story: Chapter 1

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food
    February 4, 2014 at 10:49 am

This look great! I’m definitely not a food blogger or a photographer, so food props don’t really exist in my house haha. I have gotten a better appreciation of my dishes over the years. The casserole dish my grandmother gave me 8 years ago seemed pointless at the time, but now I use it constantly!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…40 minute treadmill challenge

marquis @realrawkitchen
    February 4, 2014 at 10:53 am

This sounds like a delicious version of rice pudding! I love it and I’m anxious to try it .. it’s perfect for the fall. And I feel ya on all the different dishes. I have many but our kitchen is teeny tiny so I really have to refrain from collecting more fun items (or bulkier items) and since I picked up blogging I’ve gained an appreciation for napkins, spoons, and colanders haha
    marquis @realrawkitchen recently posted…DIY: upcoming home projects

February 4, 2014 at 11:04 am

i’ve been realizing lately that my blogger prop collection leaves something to be desired…so I’ve been hitting up Marshalls, HomeSense and Winners lately 😉 and surprisingly enough, the dollar store…
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Goal Talk: February.

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    February 4, 2014 at 11:09 am

I see you in the spoons! I am so jealous of your stand mixer! My dream is to be able to have a super cute house full decorated with my mixer out on the counter. Right now it is in the box, in a closet. If I had it on the counter I could fool people into thinking I was Suzy homemaker!
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Challenge Check-in & Life Lately

February 5, 2014 at 6:43 pm

hahaha I use it way less then I let on…mostly cause I hate cleaning it! I just love how it looks though so it’s nice to let it sit on the counter. Whereas my food processor which I use daily sits in a cupboard lol!

Karen @ Kama Fitness
    February 4, 2014 at 11:14 am

This looks delish!! You honestly can’t even tell it’s made with sweet potatoes, I’m gonna have to send this to my bestie who can’t get her son to eat them lol!! Worth a shot!! Thanks for sharing! 😉
    Karen @ Kama Fitness recently posted…Spinach Stuffed Parmesan Chicken

February 5, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I love tricking people into eating their veggies..in fact I think I like it a little too much!

February 4, 2014 at 11:28 am

BEAUTIFUL!! Oh my goodness, these pictures are amazing. That soft blue and white checkered muslin material literally makes me want to jump through the screen. You are so talented, lady. 🙂
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Skinny Stir Fry

Nikki @ Quest for Balance
    February 4, 2014 at 11:36 am

I’ve slowly been building a few different food props. They seriously add up though in terms of cash money. Ikea has some cute cheap dishes. You can randomly find interesting items at Goodwill. Think amazing 80’s options and Granny style China for 50 cents a pop. Homesense is always a winner too. And, the best option of all which doubles as a fun activity is heading out to paint ceramincs and making your own custom plates. There’s an awesome place on the Danforth where you can do this, it’s really cheap too.
    Nikki @ Quest for Balance recently posted…No Bake Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Balls

February 5, 2014 at 5:53 pm

It’s kind of a problem I live so close to a homesense now! p.s. I owe you a DM in response. It’s coming now!

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    February 4, 2014 at 12:18 pm

This looks AMAZING! I just so happen to have a baked sweet tater sitting in the fridge…it must be fate. Question–do you think arborio rice is pretty important for the pudding-like texture? I only have regular brown rice :/ Good to know that they make brown arborio, though!
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Ginger Peanut Chickpea Sliders with Sweet Lime Cashew Cream

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables
    February 4, 2014 at 12:29 pm

WOW! This looks amazing. I’m so trying this… do you think butternut squash would work??
    Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted…How We Were Matched with Baby Delight

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    February 4, 2014 at 12:42 pm

First, I can see you in the spoons! 🙂 Are you holding the camera? And, are you wearing red spandex? lol
    Second, when I was growing up, the thought of rice pudding and/or tapioca used to make me really nauseous and I never wanted to have anything to do with it..the color and texture of it used to freak me right out 🙂 My ex’s parents are Portuguese and their version of rice pudding includes rice, milk, lemon, eggs, and cinnamon..I used to love that stuff so much but my tummy is extremely sensitive and I always felt really gross after eating it. This version is so much cleaner and it looks abso-freaking-lutely incredible. I love how you added sweet potato to it..genius! I would actually really love to try this!

Soooo happy to hear that you’ve moved in to your new place! How exciting! Can’t wait to hear about all of your adventures! X

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    February 4, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Seriously WHY did you not move to Los Angeles?! Ridiculous. That’s all I can say.

Wait no, I can say more, because I would love to go skinny dipping in that rice pudding.
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…The Results of a Single-Blind Experiment

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    February 4, 2014 at 3:10 pm

This looks so awesome!! It’s cold and snowy here and I think this rice pudding would be the perfect study snack!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Brief Pause

February 4, 2014 at 3:35 pm

How dare you call it arborio rice…its RISOTTO rice 😉 Okay, well the former is more correct but still.

I don’t buy food props per se, but after Heather’s post, I realised how important they are! My mum has this collection in a display cupboard…maybe I should steal them..
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…When Instagram photos deceive- Food photos

February 5, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Ugh I wish I’d had another brown rice on hand. Brown arborio is supa expensive and it take FOREVER to cook wahhhhh

sara @ Fitcupcaker
    February 4, 2014 at 3:55 pm

you melted my heart with this recipe!!! I love all of these things, so good! What great pictures too, I want to dive in!
    sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted…Weekend Recap: OgarStrong Fundraiser

Kat
    February 4, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Holy freaking yum girl. I mean YUM! I need to make this. Its like, screaming at me from the computer. Im pretty sure my taste buds will only except this now…
    Kat recently posted…Winter Camp Recap

Amanda
    February 4, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I’ve never had rice pudding before. To be honest, it’s never sounded appealing to me. But THIS… this looks and sounds DELICIOUS! And I love that it has brown rice in it instead of white. We don’t usually keep white rice in the house.

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    February 4, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I found you!!! I was wondering the same thing about my reflection in my sunglasses in a gratuitous selfie I took recently 🙂

I have a very sad and limited food prop collection right now. I realized I really needed to expand on it when ever single one of my pictures was on the same white plate. BORING.
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…How Jessica Alba Lives & Diets in L.A.

Jess @dearhealthyness
    February 4, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Yummy for the recipe!
    A well equipped kitchen is all I need to survive the world! Is a lot better than having expensive furniture xD maybe later?! Wishing you the best on this move!
    Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted…F•r•i•e•n•d•s Weekend

Sarah Pie
    February 4, 2014 at 9:01 pm

9/10 pictures I post I’m lurking in the spoons 😉
    So glad to hear that the move went well and that you’re getting settled into your new kitchen at least. This pudding sounds like a perfect comfort food treat!
    Sarah Pie recently posted…Cranberry Almond Biscotti

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    February 4, 2014 at 9:15 pm

We hardly have any food preps because our kitchen is teeny tiny. Maybe when we have a house 😉
    Hope you are enjoying your new kitchen!
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…Check In With Yourself

Vicky and Ruth / May I Have That Recipe?
    February 4, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Congrats on your move . Great way to celebrate with this great rice pudding, it’s perfect for breakfast!
    Vicky and Ruth / May I Have That Recipe? recently posted…Happy 2nd Blogoversary! Our 10 Most Popular Recipes & A Giveaway.

Melissa @ Fit 'n' Well Mommy
    February 5, 2014 at 12:05 am

This looks amazing! I’m a sucker for rice pudding, so I love the addition of sweet potato. I’ll be pinning this for sure. Oh, and congrats on the move! I can totally relate on not being quite settled in yet. We have finally “settled-in,” after moving 6 months ago!
    Melissa @ Fit ‘n’ Well Mommy recently posted…Paleo Sweet Tooth Almond Butter Review and Giveaway!!

February 5, 2014 at 12:49 am

WOOOOOHOO on the move being complete! Once you’re all unpacked you’ll feel amazingggg. But I must agree with you, your priorities are on point my fellow foodie! I wish I had a plethora of dishes in my kitchen. I buy random ones here and there to add to my collection of pretty food photography props but need more!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…My Top 5 Workout Motivation Techniques

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    February 5, 2014 at 4:24 am

Congratulations on the move! I can only imagine how much better my food photos would have been if I’d been taking them when I had access to my mum’s full collection of food props too 😉
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…Spotlight on Dinners…Wordless WIAW style

Natasha
    February 5, 2014 at 4:47 am

I definitely think that everything has a dish, but i DO NOT practice what I preach. At school, and convenience, I pretty much eat everything out of the sample couple of bowls and plates that I rotate through. I also almost always eat with a spoon…lol. My meals are VERY simple.

When I’m at home I get a little more creative, and I definitely put more effort into meals. There definitely is something to be said about proper dishes and presentation when it comes to food. The elegancy of a meal is important I think – it shows more of an appreciation for the food you are about to eat.

Great Recipe!
    Have a great day!

Oh also, I almost forgot, a couple of new songs were just released that you might like 🙂

Natasha recently posted…Spill It Sunday: Possessions

February 5, 2014 at 6:58 am

This is so true! When I was living in London, my dish collection was seriously lacking. Now that I’m home I have access bowls, plates, mugs, etc of every shape and size! I should really take advantage of them more…

Also I don’t think I’ve ever made/eaten rice pudding before?! That needs to change.
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…NaRoma Pizza Bar

taylor @ taylormade
    February 5, 2014 at 7:29 am

I’ve never made rice pudding but you’ve definitely inspired me to do so…. this looks amaaaazing Davida!! also, can’t wait to see your furnished apartment once you get to it… but no rush 😉
    taylor @ taylormade recently posted…healthy pan “fried” chicken with poppyseed honey mustard sauce

Joanne
    February 5, 2014 at 7:33 am

Ha! I totally agree with your priorities. The kitchen stuff must be the last thing packed and the first thing opened! Have I ever told you how much I adore rice pudding?! All the better with sweet potato mixed in!
    Joanne recently posted…Wednesday Coffee Talk

Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy
    February 5, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I LOVE Sweet Potatoes, but I would have never thought to make Rice Pudding out of them. Love it! This looks like a wonderful, comfort food recipe. Congrats on the move too!
    Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy recently posted…Feeling Better and Fun Times

Sarah & Arkadi
    February 5, 2014 at 9:06 pm

this rice pudding is fun! love the color!
    Sarah & Arkadi recently posted…Smoked Oyster and Brie Crostini with Roasted Garlic

Sarah Grace
    February 5, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Wow I absolutely love the idea of this! I have made so many recipes with sweet potatoes, but never rice pudding! I just found your blog through Alexis Kornblum and I love it! From one blogger to another, you have something great going!

xoxo Sarah Grace, Fresh Fit N Healthy.
    Sarah Grace recently posted…“Not-tella” and Banana Nut Muffin Butter [Paleo]

February 6, 2014 at 9:09 am

Since we sold my childhood home almost 4 years ago (can’t believe it’s been that long!) and I moved in with my dad (2.5 years ago, eek) I still don’t know where anything is. I could tell you where exactly it was in my old house but no clue now. My gram is all about “everything has a dish”. I should cook for the blog more often at her house.
    Cassie recently posted…Getting It Together Thursdays: JOMO [Joy of Missing Out]

Consuelo - Honey & Figs
    February 6, 2014 at 5:05 pm

The kitchen is definitely the most important part, so you guys are ok! Best of luck with the rest of the move. I hope things won’t get too stressing for you. And if they do, you can always have some of this delish rice pudding to make up for it and help you relax. It looks amazing 😀
    Consuelo – Honey & Figs recently posted…20 Minutes Skillet BBQ Chicken Nuggets

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    February 9, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Even though I hadn’t lived with my parents in ages, even with roommates I don’t get to dictate the space of furniture in my places. I can’t wait to live on my own or in a place where I can really decorate for ME. Have fun with it 🙂 I’m jealous!

I’m also jealous of how delicious this looks. Perfect flavour for the weather!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…valentine’s double chocolate and goji granola

Luv What You Do
    February 14, 2014 at 11:47 pm

I love everything sweet potato! This looks so good!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Five for Friday XVII

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    February 23, 2014 at 10:19 am

Oh GIRRRRRRL! Just come over to my house…I’ve got PLENTY of props to keep you busy! Which is funny, because I’m really a minimalist type of person and I don’t really believe in having “collections” of things…but I just.can’t.stop!! I’ll confess that I’ve even bought a dish before that INSPIRED a recipe! Haha!

And hey, when you come over, make sure you bring your computer so I can use you for your fancy photoshop fonts! I’m in LOVE with the curved words!!!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Apple Cinnamon Waffle for One!

Best of February 2014 - The Healthy Maven
    April 11, 2014 at 9:43 pm

[…] Bean Lava Cakes (gf, v) 2. Mocha Overnight Oats (gf, v) 3. Sweet Potato Rice Pudding (gf) 4. Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies (gf, v) 5. Banana Fosters Cinnamon Rolls (gf, […]

sue
    June 2, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Do you cook the rice covered or uncovered?

thanks

100+ Rice Recipes - From Val's Kitchen : From Val's Kitchen
    September 19, 2014 at 8:57 am

[…] Sweet Potato Rice Pudding […]

100+ Rice Recipes In Celebration Of National Rice Month - From Val's Kitchen : From Val's Kitchen
    September 19, 2014 at 8:57 am

[…] Sweet Potato Rice Pudding […]

12 Scrumptious Sweet Potato Treats | Simply Southern Baking
    November 12, 2014 at 2:43 pm

[…]  Sweet Potato Rice Pudding (The Healthy […]

Sweet Potato Rice Pudding | moreplantfoods
    March 9, 2015 at 3:46 pm

[…] Find the recipe here. […]

Carolyn
    May 24, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Wow this is so yummy!!! I added raisins and the rice seemed to take foooreeeverr to cook but so worth the wait! 🙂 Thank you for sharing. I’m trying to get a picture to look as fancy as yours 😉

May 25, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I knowwwww patience is the hardest part of this recipe, eh? So happy you liked it!

Oli
    June 16, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I am going to make this for breakfast tomorrow!

Antiquities Blog
    July 29, 2016 at 10:59 pm

A Sweet Cherub To Grace Your Days

[…] d scooping out 1 cup. OR microwave on high for 4-5 mins on a paper towel or micr […]

Antiquities Blog
    July 31, 2016 at 12:01 am

A Sweet Cherub To Grace

[…] t for 40-50 mins in tinfoil. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting open a […]

Filigree Blog
    August 11, 2016 at 10:19 pm

A Sweet Cherub To Grace Your Days

[…] and let cool before cutting open and scooping out 1 cup. OR microwave on high f […]