dessert gluten-free pudding snacks vegan

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding

April 1, 2014

This Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding makes a refreshing and healthy snack recipe made with fresh or frozen berries and sweetened with just a touch of honey! It also is a great dessert for one or for guests!

This Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding makes a refreshing and healthy snack recipe made with fresh or frozen berries and sweetened with just a touch of honey! It also is a great dessert for one or for guests!My name is Davida and I am addicted to rewards cards.

I suppose there are worse problems in the world to have, but right now my reward card obsession is getting out of control. One card in particular has a genius marketing concept and I am pretty much their dream customer. Allow me to introduce you to my PC Plus Card aka my new best friend.

If you’re not familiar with it, the PC Plus Card is the reward card associated with the Canadian grocery store chain called Loblaws. When I moved, the closest grocery store to me became a massive Loblaws superstore. My friend Ellie who is my grocery guru convinced me that I needed a PC Plus card. For the record, it didn’t take much convincing.

The concept is simple. They track what kinds of groceries you buy and based on your purchases they “reward” you with points that can be earned on products you would normally buy the next time you shop. So for example if I buy a lot of apples (I do) then they will reward me with 200 points for every dollar on spend on apples the next time I shop. Basically it sucks you in to buying even more of things you may already have because you figure “hey I get points!”.

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding 2It actually has been particularly useful especially considering my excessive food spending and food hoarding tendencies. In fact in 6 short works I earned 20 000 points which equates to $20 worth of free groceries. Yes, I did a happy dance in front of the cashier as I stalked his screen for my total PC points number.

But this also means that my food hoarding has gone into overdrive. Remember when I bought 7 bags of frozen fruit because they were on sale? Well, guess what appeared in my PC Points offers? Frozen fruit! Since it meant 800 more points I came home with three more bags. Moral of the story is that you better expect lots of fruity recipes because I have enough frozen fruit to feed Kate Plus 8 and the Duggar family combined.

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding

PREP TIME 2 mins
Serves 2     adjust servings

• 2 cups milk (I used lite coconut milk, but any kind of milk would work)
  • 4 1/2 T chia seeds
  • zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 T honey (or agave or maple syrup if vegan)

1. Combine all ingredients in a large, sealable container. Make sure all chia seeds are mixed in.
  2. Let sit overnight or for at least 8 hours.
  3. Serve cold with toppings of choice (I added additional raspberries and honey)

This Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding makes a refreshing and healthy snack recipe made with fresh or frozen berries and sweetened with just a touch of honey! It also is a great dessert for one or for guests!Are you into rewards cards? How about food hoarding? Do you stock up on certain foods?

April 1, 2014 at 5:33 am

oh Hai. At least your card provides better dividends than most of the cards we have here. Pretty sure my mum has this department store card she had since the 80’s and so far, her point accumulation equates to maybe a CD. A CD. People don’t even listen to CD’s anymore.

I used to not mind chia seeds until one embedded itself in my teeth. And ironically, same issue with raspberries.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Mediterranean Savoury Bread Pudding

Miss Polkadot
    April 1, 2014 at 6:09 am

Hoarding? Me? Never. Oh, wait, now that you remind me… Do you think the 1lb+ jars of almond butter count and the big jar of chia seeds I picked up yesterday because, hey, it was the last day they were on offer and who cares I still have enough to last me for a few weeks at home? If I don’t happen to give chia pudding another try, that is. In that case, yes, I might be a hoarder and I might need to move to Canada because we don’t have reward cards over here.
    Frozen fruit – or frozen anything,really – is probably one of the very few items I can resist buying when they’re on offer. Just because the freezer compartment of my fridge is the size of a shoe box. Yes, it might make me shed a tear at times.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Currently … March 2014

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    April 1, 2014 at 6:24 am

I want such a card!! Actually, we have a similar concept, but not that fancy. BUT, you can pay cosmetics with the earned points. Means it is empty before I even load up a high number of points, cause I always pay my cosmetics with them. Speaking of, I should rush to the store and spend all the points immediately – cause the card belongs to Sandro (hehe, and an evil grin….sorry.)
    This Pudding. I want it in my face right now. It looks so perfectly pretty and fresh – I think this will happen for my birthday. Which is next month. Thirty effing six. EEEEK!!!
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Marvelous Family and Life Lessons.

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    April 1, 2014 at 6:27 am

lol. I am big on using my store cards, coupons, and stocking up when my favorites are on sale. Right now I am loving my Target card for the 5% off everything plus I love their new Cartwheel app which offers more sales plus the additional 5%. Every penny counts!
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Vacation From Cooking?

April 1, 2014 at 6:40 am

I’m actually the complete opposite! Having too much food around stresses me out because I start feeling like I have to use it all up ASAP, and it’s the same way with stuff in general — just don’t like clutter. That being said, that totally doesn’t apply to nut butters… I think I have 8 open jars at the moment 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. as we speak… in the mountains [again] .

Joanne
    April 1, 2014 at 6:45 am

My local grocery store has a rewards card but it is NOT that good! I mean, I go there all the time and my points still have not added up to a single thing…sooooo….

I am so happy for fruit season! This pudding sounds delightful!
    Joanne recently posted…Roasted Spring Veggie Bowl with Caper Vinaigrette

erin @ The Almond Eater
    April 1, 2014 at 6:59 am

Hhahhah. I wish my grocery store did that! I food hoard lettuce. …..guess how well that works out. Yeah, it doesn’t. I always buy too much. Oh, and I used to be addicted to coupons. Like every time I would get one I would HAVE to use it. …still sort of like that actually.
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Avocado Grilled Cheese with Homemade Buffalo Sauce

Kim @ BusyBod
    April 1, 2014 at 7:00 am

After you posted about frozen fruit going on sale I tried to convince John we should stock up. I mean, why wouldn’t he be on board? Then he reminded me we are moving in like a month and a half so stocking up on food is basically the opposite of what we should be doing. So what I’m trying to say here is I’m jealous of your frozen fruit stash and I can’t wait for all the fruity recipes!
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Growing? Slipping? Or just addicted to dieting?

April 1, 2014 at 7:44 am

I freakin’ love my PC Plus card. I think I have about 40 000 points right now? That’s a lot of free food! And every week I get points on eggs and squash, so apparently the card knows me pretty well.

Also, I’ve never made a chia pudding. I want to try, but they freak me out a little.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Rehashing March.

Chelsea
    April 1, 2014 at 7:54 am

This looks delicious!!!
    We don’t have the grocery store you’re talking about here…but we shop at a store called food lion, and they have a reward card for coupons…ive had the card for years and apparently some other family has another copy of the card – it seems they spend a ton on groceries…then I go and buy just a little bit and get 6 billion coupons. Totally working in my favor. And…thanks to the ‘Smither’ family for giving me your coupons 🙂
    Chelsea recently posted…Pecan Tomato Orange Sauce with Sweet Potato Noodles [Vegan/Gluten Free]

kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    April 1, 2014 at 8:15 am

this sounds fabulous!! I love raspberries and lemon together!
    kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Marvelous Monday

April 1, 2014 at 9:05 am

This, my dear, is why you are a food blogger and I write about how to fake having a boyfriend. Can’t wait for when I come and visit and you can cook me all this stuff.
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…How to Be a Blogger Without A Baby, Dog, or Significant Other

Paula - bell'alimento
    April 1, 2014 at 9:13 am

Yes totally love my rewards cards and this pudding to boot!
    Paula – bell’alimento recently posted…Homemade Coffee Caramel Sauce

Kat
    April 1, 2014 at 9:55 am

Gosh, I really need to get me some of these little seeds. This pudding sounds beyond delightful, and so perfect for spring! Lemon and almost anything is a perfect combo in my book 🙂
    Kat recently posted…Goal Review: Month #3

Jess @dearhealthyness
    April 1, 2014 at 10:12 am

Reward cards can be addictive! Though I have a couple of them, I basically ALWAYS forget to use them, unless it is the freshmart card, which I do remember (that’s my favorite natural store here in PR). However, I do know loooooooooots of people that actually use them, and have lots of them!!
    Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted…Is it True or False?

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
    April 1, 2014 at 10:13 am

i do use rewards card when i can but i dont think we have that system..if i did i will probably have similar problem 😛
    Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health recently posted…Easy Chicken Kebabs + My thoughts on Whole 30

Britt@MyOwnBalance
    April 1, 2014 at 10:55 am

I love that you get grocery points! I there was something like that around here. The grocery stores near me don’t offer anything free! It’s so frustrating, especially because everything is so expensive!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Awesome April

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon
    April 1, 2014 at 11:14 am

Oh yes! My favorite combination of flavors!! My grocery store has just started doing that as well and it is quite dangerous. I now am in possession of many boxes of pasta thanks to good sales and all I want to eat is linguine. I have a chia seed pudding recipe going up soon with raspberries as well!
    Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon recently posted…How To: Broccoli Pizza Crust

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food
    April 1, 2014 at 11:40 am

I love getting rewards and coupons, but it’s always a challenge because my love of a good deal directly conflicts with my desperate need to NOT be a hoarder. It’s a constant struggle.
    That chia pudding looks delish. I love chia seeds and I love pudding, so I should probably make this!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Prepping for a long week

Amanda
    April 1, 2014 at 12:11 pm

We stock up on beans like you wouldn’t belieeeeeeeeeeeeve. If zombies ever attack, we could survive on beans alone. And dog treats.
    Amanda recently posted…Dear Target, I need a break.

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    April 1, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Oh well, my name is Consuelo and I’m addicted to lemons and raspeberries so I’m off to the store to buy some chia seeds. This looks too good!
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars {Clean Eating}

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    April 1, 2014 at 12:22 pm

If I were rewarded for buying apples I think I’d never have to work again. Reward cards on the bomb diggity, espesh when you buy allllll the food like we do.

Kelly - LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE
    April 1, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Haha I have the opposite problem, Davida. I don’t take advantage of the benefits from those customer cards! Kinda a good thing to be obsessed with 😉 Loving the use of lemon in this! I have added lemon before, brings a nice freshness to chia pudding! SO many possibilities with chia pudding flavors. Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly – LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE recently posted…{French} Deviled Eggs

Brittany
    April 1, 2014 at 1:23 pm

DUDE…I am aLL ABOUT the rewards. Anything and everything, along with a good deal or a sale! HAHA! This is my kind of post, oh and of course the chia pudding is GORGEOUS!
    Brittany recently posted…Jumbled Mind

April 1, 2014 at 1:28 pm

That’s a LEGIT rewards program. I love super targeted stuff like that (the marketing geek in me). I buy ALL THE FOODS. Mainly because my dad funds my grocery shopping. That reminds me he left a check for me whoops… ALSO WHY DON’T I HAVE RASPBERRIES RIGHT NOW ugh. I need to get avocados on the way home so… might need to get this. Also why is lemon juice so key with chia pudding??
    Cassie recently posted…Superfood Smoothie Bowl

Vicky and Ruth / May I Have That Recipe?
    April 1, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Davida, you are so funny loved this post and I am looking forward to seeing all your frozen fruit recipes specially if they are as healthy and great as this one. I just want to reach into my screen and grab one of those chia puddings!
    Vicky and Ruth / May I Have That Recipe? recently posted…Vegan “Cream” Of Asparagus Soup

Em @ Love A Latte
    April 1, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I go through phases with chia pudding, but I think I’d like this a ton because of the raspberries! I As far as food hoarding, I always like to make sure I have peanut butter and frozen broccoli in the house!!
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Six Foods I Eat Every Week

Genevieve @ Gratitude & Greens
    April 1, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Oh my God, I have the worst food hoarding tendencies. And mad shopping habits. Totally get where you’re coming from… On another note, these chia puddings look amazing! And you’re right, there could be worst things than having a rewards card addiction. My rewards addictions usually involve book shops and health food stores…
    Genevieve @ Gratitude & Greens recently posted…Blueberry And Mango Green Smoothie

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    April 1, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Oh my gooooodness!!! You have combined two of my favorite foods: lemon and of course, raspberries! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
    Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries recently posted…Oceanside 70.3 Ironman + Juice It Up Giveaway

April 1, 2014 at 3:38 pm

HaHa – I love that you are a food hoarder. But, it’s all for a good cause – to get more points and ultimately you are saving money by spending money so it’s a win!!!
    My grandma was a food hoarder – pretty much when you opened the pantry or fridge you had to jump back just in case stuff started falling out!!
    Kim recently posted…Are You the Same in “Real Life” as You Are Online?

April 1, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Hehehe. Go on with your club carb savings woman!

I love fruit and have a mini heart attack when I run out of frozen strawberries. They’re such a staple in my fridge! Maybe I need to start hoarding them so that it never happens again…
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Developing a Healthier Relationship with Food

April 1, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Dude why don’t I have a PC Rewards Card yet? I’m pretty much a self professed Loblaws/Fortinos addict. I actually refuse to live in a city that doesn’t have one haha. I’m not so much of a food hoarder though – I hate having too much stuff in my pantry. The exception is Barney Butter because I have to order a case of it from the US several times a year. 😛

LOVE me some chia pudding though. This looks amazing and the pictures are gorgeous!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…8 lessons I’ve learned about blogging (& my 4th blog birthday!)

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    April 1, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I hoard Greek yogurt and nut butters like it’s my job. Three big containers of Greek yogurt is sparse in my house. And it’s just me eating it!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Two Truths and a Lie

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    April 1, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I’ve been craving chia puddings lately so this comes at a great time! I love lemon in just about anything so this is perfect 🙂
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Ego or Soul

April 2, 2014 at 1:34 am

I love fruit, either frozen or fresh so you keep those recipes coming.

I’m pretty sure my CSA has turned me into a food hoarder. I got so used to working with large volume I almost thrive on it now. Costco sure doesn’t help either because their potatoes come in a 20 pound bag, brown rice in a 12 pound bag and kale in a pound and a half bag. Of course, I bought them all. I suspect this week is going to be very cleansing for me.

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    April 2, 2014 at 9:04 am

IT”S VEGAN!!!! I can’t wait to try it out 😛
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…Snack Showdown: Kewaza versus Taste of Nature

April 2, 2014 at 9:08 am

about freaking time I posted a vegan recipe!!!! Love you xo

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    April 2, 2014 at 9:17 am

That pudding looks really good. I use to obsess with the Hallmark rewards card. I was always waiting for my little reward checks to come in the mail! Now I think it may be the froyo reward cards 😉
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…#runnerthings

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    April 2, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I definitely need to finally make some chia pudding. I LOVE using chia in baking, so now I’ll need to with cooking as well. I’m also a sucker for rewards. 100 AirMiles day at Safeway?! You better believe I can find $100 of food I “need”. heh.
    Ange @ Cowgirl Runs recently posted…A Day of Food: Run Day

Cara's Healthy Cravings
    April 2, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I adore my PC plus card! Especially because I use my PC credit card to shop for all food for work, so the points add up quite quickly and I get to benefit from them!
    Cara’s Healthy Cravings recently posted…Spicy Maple Glazed Parsnips

Lee
    April 2, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Not gonna lie. I didn’t read anything you wrote I just gawked at the pics. Nice work my lady boo!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    April 3, 2014 at 2:45 pm

True story: I have more rewards cards on my keychain than I do KEYS! 😯 That PC card sounds like a frickin dream come true…and a recipe for disaster for my food hoarding tendencies! Oh girl, if you could SEE my pantry…it’s so intimidating! I could seriously eat one serving of grains every day for a year and still probably have some left over! Eeeeek! (??) So yeah, basically…if the world ends, we should just get together. With your freezer and my pantry, we’d eat like queens!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Thinking Out Loud: Duck, Duck, VEGAN!

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    April 4, 2014 at 9:43 am

Haha, you crack me up. Love you, mean it! I’ve never tried chia seeds but I’ve seen so many tasty looking meals with it, inlcuding this one. I really must try it.
    Tina @ Tina’s Chic Corner recently posted…Homemade Calzone

Michelle @ Esculent Dreams
    April 5, 2014 at 8:38 am

I’ve been so addicted to chia pudding lately 😉 This is gorgeous!!

I’m a huge fan of rewards cards and DO seem to hoard food (on occasion) haha 😉 As long as I use it all in the end!
    Michelle @ Esculent Dreams recently posted…Spring Green Dip

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    April 5, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I’m on a strict no food-hoarding budget- aka I’m moving in 4 months and need to eat through all of my food- and it’s so bad I actually think it will take that long to get through it all. This means other than produce, nothing can be bought until I’m 100% desperate. Things could get interesting….that is the only reason PC Points haven’t completely sucked me in. Talked to me in 4 months though 😉
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…oatmeal raisin cookie dough pancakes for one

Healthy Vegan Friday #13 |
    April 10, 2014 at 11:35 pm

[…] Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding from The Healthy Maven: […]

Ch-Ch-Chia Seeds
    April 12, 2014 at 7:16 am

[…] A super simple recipe that tastes great! This chia seed pudding recipe is fresh and light. Check out the recipe here. […]

17 Chia seed Recipes: most takes 5 minutes or less | Living Busy With Janine
    June 11, 2014 at 2:49 am

[…] 5. Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding  Combine almond or coconut milk (try homemade almond or homemade coconut milk), chia seeds, zest and juice of ½ lemon, vanilla extract, honey, and some raspberries and let sit overnight refrigerated. Serve cold with toppings of choice—I like to add some extra strawberries, and if the combination is too zesty for you, drizzle with honey. Raw, Vegan, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free […]

Lexi's Clean Kitchen – HFF: Lemons {My go-to Lemon Vinaigrette)
    June 20, 2014 at 9:31 am

[…] Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding from The Healthy Maven […]

14 Ways to Use Fresh, Seasonal Raspberries - From Away
    July 24, 2014 at 1:51 pm

[…] Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding from The Healthy Maven […]

Mixed Berry Chia Seed Pudding | Kirsten Learns
    July 28, 2014 at 2:24 am

[…] of Googling, I found a whole bunch of recipes for chia seed pudding, and decided to make my own. This is the recipe I followed, but I used mixed berries […]

Raspberry Rave – A Recipe Roundup | The Hungry Goddess
    August 30, 2014 at 8:49 am

[…] Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding […]

diet for muscle building
    September 5, 2014 at 10:03 am

diet for muscle building

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding – The Healthy Maven

Karen
    October 19, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Could I use strawberries instead?

Best of THM 2014 - The Healthy Maven
    December 17, 2014 at 4:03 pm

[…] 1. Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding 2. No-Bake Cinnamon Roll Protein Bars 3. Chocolate Matcha Energy Balls 4. Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins with Pecan Streusel 5. Crispy Sriracha Lime Chickpeas […]

Healthy Vegan Oils – 2 Ways
    January 7, 2015 at 6:11 pm

[…] 2. DIY Endurance Gels from Lululemon Blog 3. Raspberry Mocha Protein Shake from SkinnyMom 4. Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding from The Healthy Maven 5. Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette from Will Cook for […]

60+ Lemon Dessert Recipes! - Julie's Eats & Treats
    April 14, 2015 at 3:46 am

[…] Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding […]

45 Super Delicious Chia Pudding Recipes (Paleo & Vegan Friendly)
    April 14, 2015 at 4:14 am

[…] Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding […]

Candida diet, sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe | Ricki Heller
    May 26, 2015 at 8:57 pm

[…] “I’d love to make that!”  For instance, how about Cauliflower Tabbouleh, Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding, Raw Apple Pie Bites, or Rosemary Cashew Bar Nuts? (See–told […]

Linda
    July 1, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Made this exactly as stated except used the whole lemon for juice and zest. SO, SO, SO good. Fabulously refreshing and will be a staple. Thank you!!

July 8, 2015 at 6:38 am

So happy you enjoyed! It’s a staple in my house too! I switch between raspberry and blueberry but it’s the lemon that totally makes it. Thanks for your thoughtful comment!

Sherwood
    October 7, 2015 at 10:54 pm

So I found out fresh raspberries were on sale for $.98 per 6 oz. flat this last week. Instead of loading myself up with them and THEN looking for ways to use them like last time (resulting in my first and only foray into cookie-making so far), totally unaware of their non-existent shelf life, I dug this recipe out of my collection and made some plans. Since it called for a cup, I got two things of raspberries… ’cause I’m a derp and considered weight instead of volume. So now I have this and another raspberry chia pudding in my fridge. Anyway, on to the lavishing of praise! This is uh-mazing! My boyfriend REALLY loves it, so I expect to be making more in the future. I did add an extra tablespoon of chia seeds to help it thicken up more (I like my pudding to fight back). Thanks sooo much for the recipe! So simple and easy. 🙂

Daphne
    November 3, 2015 at 12:27 pm

So what keeps the milk from curdling when you add lemon juice?

Daphne
    November 3, 2015 at 12:30 pm

So what keeps the milk from curdling when you add the lemon juice?

November 3, 2015 at 9:48 pm

I’ve never run into that issue but then again I always use non-dairy milk which won’t curdle! I’d recommend it with non-dairy milk.

Nathalie
    February 10, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Hello! This looks delicious and that’s what I want for breakfast tomorrow morning!!!
    I have one question. It’s probably a language thing… how much is 4 1/2 T chia seeds and 1T honey. Is it tbsp? cups? I don’t want this screw up such a simple recipe!!! Thanks in advance,
    Nathalie

February 10, 2016 at 9:20 pm

No worries! “T” is tablespoon 🙂 Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Brittanie
    March 14, 2016 at 12:45 am

This looks SO good, however I have made it twice now (with cashew milk) and it doesn’t thicken up at all 😕 Ugh, I wish it would work, it looks so good!

Jenny
      July 30, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Ugh, I had the same problem! Mine was totally soupy the next day. I doubled the amount of chia seeds, and then it started to thicken, but the flavor wasn’t what I was hoping for. I’m going to try it again with less milk (probably just a cup) and more lemon and see how that works.