blogging

You CAN Do It + An Announcement!

April 7, 2014

Last week in the midst of trying to sort out my blogging voice my mind went to a weird place. I don’t know how to explain it, but I guess you could say I felt worn out and fell into a pretty deep funk. Over the past year, I’ve come to discover that writing has been incredibly therapeutic for me to get me through these funks. What I’m starting to realize is that I don’t necessarily need to be writing those thoughts out in a public forum. Turns out there’s this thing called a diary…I need one of those.

Some of you may have gotten the privilege to read the post I accidentally posted while I was deep in this funk. It’s been removed now and I’ll never know exactly who read it, but it happened and I’ve been forced to get over it. I don’t need to go into the details of the post and quite honestly it was not that bad but is was enough to cause a minor freak out when I woke up to comments on it on Wednesday morning. With time I’ve come to see what bothered me most about it…

The tone was overwhelmingly negative. Trust me, I am not little miss sunshine, but I do try to keep THM a relatively positive place. However, this post was undoubtably the most negative I have ever written. Essentially it was filled with suggestions on how not to blog. The funny thing is, I HATE it when other bloggers do that. There is no “one” way to blog or some manual that you have to follow precisely. Every blog is different and people are coming up with the most unique and unbelievably creative ways to turn their blogs into a success. While I am more than happy to share the tips that have worked for me, they are not the be-all and end-all.

Lately I have been thinking back to where I was a year ago. I’m fairly certain I was dreadfully bored, staring at a screen of baby brains and just starting to tell people about my blog. Even though nobody was reading my blog, I was so excited to feel excited about anything! Sure, it may seem strange that cooking and baking and taking pictures of my food turned my life around, but it 100% did. I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined that THM would be what is is today. It blows my mind on a daily basis.

I started this blog a little over a year ago and picked up my first digital SLR camera almost exactly one year ago today. I had no experience and knew nothing about blogging and food photography. I always dreamed of one day seeing my recipes on Foodgawker, I just never thought it would actually happen. Thinking about this makes me realize why giving blogging tips about “what NOT to do” makes me so uncomfortable. If I’ve learned anything, it’s that if you set your mind to something, anything is possible. Super cliche, but oh so true.  Passions QuoteIf your goal is to improve your food photography, increase your readership, meet new bloggers, inspire others then there is absolutely nothing stopping you. If you want to blog as your hobby that is awesome. I can attest to how life-changing it is to have a hobby you feel passionate about. If you hope to or your blog has become your business, that’s fantastic! Don’t let anyone bring you down, but especially don’t let anyone tell you what not to do. The internet is not getting any smaller and there is absolutely no reason why your blog can’t be as successful as the next one, in whatever way you define “success”.

I also think this extends beyond blogging. If you’re feeling like you’re just going through the motions and need to make a change, then CHANGE. Do your research and then take the leap. Challenge yourself, try new things, ask questions and try to be better every.single.day.  the big news Which brings me to my big announcement. I absolutely love what I’m doing with my life. I could not have asked for a better opportunity with Kewaza and having the flexibility and the time to work on THM has been such a blessing. But I’m ready for the next challenge. SO I’ve decided I am going to write an ecookbook! I’m sure some of you are not surprised by this and some of you are like “psssssht been there, done that!”, but I don’t care. I am doing this for me. I have no freaking idea how to publish an ecoobook (like legit I’m clueless), which will make it that much sweeter when I publish it. And I WILL publish it, because I can.

After discussing with my friend Kelly (who just turned in the manuscript for her first cookbook WOAH) I’ve decided I am not going to put myself on a deadline. I want this book to be the best it can be and not rushed and half-assed. So my plan is to shoot an additional 1-2 recipes a week. Essentially this means cutting down on my trashy TV watching, which is probably good for me (not GoT, don’t worry).

As I explained in last week’s post, I value your opinion more than you know. I’m coming to realize that I will never make everyone happy and as much as I would like to, I cannot take everyone’s feedback into consideration but the reality is that I would not be in a position to do this if it weren’t for you guys, my amazing readers. I want you to be a part of this process. I want you to weigh in on themes, recipes, pictures etc…Most of all I want you to see that there is absolutely no reason why you can’t make your dreams a reality.My hope is that in my journey to follow my dreams you might be inspired to do the same.

I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am! I know I can do it, and you can too. <–omg who am I? Just roll with it…

Thoughts?

April 7, 2014 at 5:50 am

This post. Epic.

Thanks for being the most inspirational and grotesque blogger to me at the same time. I will be your biggest cheerleader for this ebook and dammit, it’s going to be a success. (because I would like it to get worldwide attention that you need to hire a personal slave and I shot gun it….for the green card).

Big love, big hair, instant quinoa.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…NEW DESIGN, NEW QUEST CELEBRATORY GIVEAWAY

Miss Polkadot
    April 7, 2014 at 6:11 am

Even if I said it before it bears repeating: You’re amazing and I’m SO excited for you. Looking at all you’ve achieved in what – from an outside perspective at least – seems like no time I can’t think of any bigger inspiration. Not just blogging but life-wise. Goes to show that you can -really- achieve everything you want if you step out of your comfort zone, persist and put everything into it. Now to follow your lead myself…
    Thank you for showing all of us turning our lives around and living our dreams is possible. <3
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Eschewing the guilt

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    April 7, 2014 at 6:13 am

Yay! I think this is terrific! I know you will succeed and I know that you have the determination, creativity and perfect voice for a successful ebook. I have an ebook coming out on divorce/co-parenting but I haven’t a clue what goes into the actual publishing of it (I just know the writing part)…If I find out the backend details (I have a divorce/parenting company handling it for me) I will certainly share what I learn on the subject with you. I didn’t catch the post you found negative but I trust that it was honest, not as harsh as you think and most likely, very very valid points! It’s your blog – say as you wish. I will continue reading.
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Weekend Recap Based Around Salads, Pizza and Red Mango

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine
    April 7, 2014 at 6:27 am

Congrats Davida! I can’t wait, it will be such a fun and rewarding endeavor! 🙂 XOXO
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Power Monday #40 Standing Strong

April 7, 2014 at 6:29 am

I.am.so.ex.cited.for.you 😀 You’re definitely living proof that you CAN achieve anything you set your mind to, and thank ya for sharing that inspiration with your lucky readers. I’m currently struggling to find the motivation to pursue my own dreams, so this is definitely the kind of thing I needed to read. Kick my butt for me, please? 🙂
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 4/6 .

erin @ The Almond Eater
    April 7, 2014 at 6:30 am

Oh my gosh. You’re wonderful. I’m SOOOO excited for you!! And this issssss a big deal so don’t say it’s not. Also–I completely agree 100% with this post in that, if you want to do something badly enough and you work hard, you CAN do it. You did, and now look where you are! Craziness in the best way possible 🙂
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookies

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    April 7, 2014 at 7:16 am

That’s soo awesome! I was waiting for you to start working on a cook book, you know I will be all over that when it comes out!
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes

Kim @ BusyBod
    April 7, 2014 at 7:20 am

I know exactly what you mean about a funk. I feel like I have been in a prolonged funk/existential crisis with my blog lately and I just need to figure it out an get over it. I think the last piece that’s been dragging me down is finally falling into place, but that’s a topic for another post. The important thing is that I’m so super excited for you and your ecookbook! I have no doubt whatsoever that you will make this happen and that it will be epic and beautiful. Get it girl!
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…No plan + small victories

Joanne
    April 7, 2014 at 7:29 am

How exciting!! I can’t wait to follow along as you do it!! And I’m sure it will feel so great and rewarding at the end to know that you figured it all out and have pretty ebook to show for it!!
    Joanne recently posted…French Toast with Rhubarb-Mango Compote and Creme Fraiche

Jess @dearhealthyness
    April 7, 2014 at 7:36 am

Davida: congratulations on your ecookbook!!!! You are truly inspiring others to follow our dreams and passions!! Sometimes it is hard to find the guts to do it, so thank you for this! you go girl!!!
    Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted…Support Your Local Market

lindsay
    April 7, 2014 at 7:44 am

i could not agree more friend! and i really think about 3,4, and the last one. I want to be healthy for my family and to live a LONG life full of adventure!
    lindsay recently posted…“Stressing Over Stress is What Makes Stress so Stressful”

lindsay
      April 7, 2014 at 3:11 pm

soo… i posted this on the wrong post. and now i feel like a loser. sheesh, i blame bloglovin. Now, let me get back what i really meant to say but accidentally posted on another blog. Can you tell i have monday brain?

here goes….
      YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO! and YES, you are inspiring. I’ve been doing this for over 5 years and just now am wanting to write an ebook for glutenfree athletes. Keep inspiring, dreaming big, and making delicious food, pretty food!

April 7, 2014 at 7:51 am

So writing a cookbook? That is 100% perfect for you!! I’m so excited for you love – I really believe that we need to follow our passions, and you are an amazing example of that. Watching you do what makes you happy is going to be a huge inspiration to me as I figure out my dreams and passions and all that career stuff over the next little while.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Photo a Day: March

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    April 7, 2014 at 7:55 am

OMG – I’m so freakin’ excited for you, Davida!! I don’t know a think about writing a cookbook or ecookbook but with your photos and enthusiasm and passion for amazing food, I know you will be successful!
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Bacon-Loaded Quiche

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    April 7, 2014 at 8:04 am

I’m so happy for you!!!! I cannot wait to see what you come up with! I think that’s a really neat idea to let the readers be involved.
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Marvelous is…..

Lauren
    April 7, 2014 at 8:15 am

That is amazing news! Your recipes and photos are fantastic – you can sooo do it!

kathy@vodka and soda
    April 7, 2014 at 8:19 am

this is amazing news and i’m so glad that you decided to take your destiny into your own hands and shape it to what YOU want it to be. many would’ve just let it sit by the wayside and let opportunities pass them by. looking forward to this new chapter in your life.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda
    kathy@vodka and soda recently posted…Picture Practice – Animal

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
    April 7, 2014 at 8:21 am

OMG SO EXCITED FOR YOU! That is SO awesome that you’ve decided to push yourself with an ecookbook! I also love that don’t have a deadline….that could totally take the fun out of it! Awesome lady!
    Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted…Hummus with Jalapeno and Lime {Gluten free, Low fat + Super Simple}

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    April 7, 2014 at 8:31 am

Congratulations! I’m excited for you and I love the positive attitude! What you have accomplished in a year is amazing – I’m so impressed! (And- I read the post you’re talking about. It wasn’t that bad, so don’t beat yourself up!!!)
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…Dancing in the Shower, and Sisterhood/ Liebster Awards

Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog
    April 7, 2014 at 8:34 am

Ahhh congratulations! Looking forward to that book 🙂

I can relate to this post in SO many ways. Much of the reason that I started blogging was that I was seeking passion in my job and everyday life.

Incidentally I just got a new job (after being unemployed for quite a while), and I’m so excited because I think it may not only make me a decent salary, but also fulfill my passions day in and day out. And funnily enough, the person called me because he had read my blog and knew I would be interested in the job!

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    April 7, 2014 at 8:44 am

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Promise I'll be the first person to buy the ebook, whenever that comes out! So happy for you.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Spring Vegetable Chicken Soup

Mary Frances
    April 7, 2014 at 9:06 am

Ahhhh! *happy squeal* That is so exciting! Oh girl, that is just awesome. Your e book is going to be amazing because we readers know you put your best into THM. What you’ve accomplished in one year is the stuff of dreams for some people (like me 😉 Wishing you the best in this next chapter of blogging!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Vegan and Flourless Almond Butter Banana Blender Muffins

Shashi
    April 7, 2014 at 9:06 am

Couldn’t agree more with this :”Every blog is different and people are coming up with the most unique and unbelievably creative ways to turn their blogs into a success.” So so true !
    Congrats on the ebook decision – cannot wait to see it come into fruition!
    Shashi recently posted…Breakfast Biscotti

Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers
    April 7, 2014 at 9:15 am

Yaaaayyyy exciting! I’m sure it will be filled with the most beautiful, mouth-watering photos. I’m getting hungry already… 🙂

I know what you mean about negativity on the blog. I’m contemplating a kinda’ negative post right now. It probably belongs in a diary instead, but I might just have to put it out there. Ughhh….. decisions.
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted…I’m Baaaaack!

Meghan @fitnesscrEATures
    April 7, 2014 at 9:20 am

OMG Davida this is so exciting! You helped Arman with his blog, you have your own awesome and beautiful blog, and now a cookbook!? That’s amazing. 🙂 You have definitely followed your dreams.
    And #yolo yo accidentally publishing that post in spite of the voice of it. Whatever!! I didn’t see it, so that’s really all that matters, right!
    Congrats on your decision pretty girl!
    Meghan @fitnesscrEATures recently posted…I’ve Got a Good Feeling

Heather
    April 7, 2014 at 9:29 am

I am so excited for you! I know you are going to rock it because you always work so hard to make THM the best it can be. You really are an inspiration for having a dream and pursuing it. Keep it up, lady!

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    April 7, 2014 at 9:36 am

Ahhh that’s SO SO SO exciting! I’ve been considering possibly doing a cookbook myself in the future, but have been a bit timid about it. I can’t wait to hear progress reports/the finished product!
    Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted…MIMM: Weekend in Pictures!

April 7, 2014 at 9:37 am

I love you. Seriously, you’re my inspiration. This post is everything to me right now. You’re doing all the things I want to do (except sub e-cook book for e-tell all) . I am so proud of you and if I’m not the first person to buy your cookbook I’m going to be pissed. ‘

You are the most helpful, good-hearted, kind, smart person. You’re going to achieve everything you want and more, I know it!
    Cassie recently posted…Getting it Together on the Road: Savannah

Kelly - LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE
    April 7, 2014 at 9:48 am

HIGH FIVES through the computer girl, you can totally do it. You WILL public it, and it will be awesome. Love that attitude. Your posts are always so raw, which is the reason I’m a regular to your blog…well and the recipes (duh.) Keep it up hun 😉
    Kelly – LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE recently posted…Roasted Spring Vegetables & Mixed Green Salad

Nikki @ Quest for Balance
    April 7, 2014 at 9:53 am

You’re a complete inspiration and I have no doubt your e-book is going to be awesome. As I struggle through my quarter life crisis it’s amazing to be able to read posts like this; we all need a kick in the pants to remind us to follow our dreams and not settle for anything short of amazing.

It was so lovely meeting you this weekend! We’ll have to grab a coffee in the near future, probably once the madness of my move subsides. Ugh, I hate moving.
    Nikki @ Quest for Balance recently posted…30 Day Paleo Challenge

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
    April 7, 2014 at 9:54 am

yayyy im so excited for you 🙂 its stressful but again an amazing feeling. i m not an expert with ecookbook but from what i have learned and done, i could maybe help you. feel free to email me : )
    Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health recently posted…Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    April 7, 2014 at 10:01 am

YAY! I am so happy for your ecook book!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I love how everyone has different dreams in the blogging world. Some people want to be successful with their blog and make income off of it. I love to blog just to blog. I love meeting new people and sharing my thoughts. For me it is more of a hobby than a business but for others it is their business! I think this is great!!!! Keep doing YOU!
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…I Changed My Mind.

cait @pieceofcait
    April 7, 2014 at 10:21 am

amazing girl!!! you CAN DOOOO IT!!! Deff something on my bucket list, no time limits either! xo

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    April 7, 2014 at 10:27 am

This post is beautiful and amazing lady! But truth be told, I don’t mind that some posts of the bloggers I read on a regular base are less positive. That is life and as long it is what is true to you, I appreciate whatever you share. That is part of why I love this amazing community so much. In times I’ve struggled and worried, they build me up and I am more than willing to give this favor back. We all make mistakes or put content out which might not be what we feel later on, but people change from day to day and being able to publish a new take on a topic is one of the great things you can do on a blog.
    Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted…My Birthday at Disneyland Paris

Sarah Pie
    April 7, 2014 at 10:56 am

Love the can-do attitude, and the announcement!! This is seriously exciting news and I cannot wait to own a Healthy Maven ebook!
    Sarah Pie recently posted…WIR #45: Snap back to reality

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    April 7, 2014 at 11:12 am

I’m so proud of yewwwwww! As promised, I am looking extremely forward to the protein bar and smoothie section dedicated to mwah. Sending huge virtual hugs today lady!! PS I wanna come shadow you at Keewaza or however you say it and eat all the food. And nanners.
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…No-Bake Banana Nut Protein Bars

Lisa
    April 7, 2014 at 11:50 am

Such exciting news! I love that you always keep it real on your blog. Your story is definitely an inspiration for me as I try to step into the blogging world. Keep up the fantastic work!
    Lisa recently posted…Bits to Read – April 7th 2014

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    April 7, 2014 at 11:53 am

I think you and your blog are absolutely amazing! I love coming here and reading your thoughts and your recipes. I am super excited for your e-cookbook! I can’t wait to see how it turns out!! Best of luck lady! 🙂
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Cupcakes, the Circus and How to Get Rid of Cellulite with Bliss

Parita @ myinnershakti
    April 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Congrats, D! This is great news! I am so excited to see where this journey takes you – I see big things in your future!

April 7, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Good luck with the ecookbook, but I know it will be great.
    Cassie recently posted…thinking out loud #12

Anna
    April 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Amazing! An ecookbook is a great idea, and I’m sure it’s going to be just as delicious and gorgeous as the recipes and photos that we already see from you daily. So excited for you!
    Anna recently posted…It’s Friday!

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    April 7, 2014 at 1:15 pm

You go girl! I know your ecookbook is going to be awesome and I can’t wait to see it! I hope to one day do some kind of ebook too but I don’t think I’m there quite yet. I love your “get out there and do it” attitude and just know there are lots of people who believe in you and support you!
    Katie @ 24 Carrot Life recently posted…Comment on Mini Protein Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce by Katie @ 24 Carrot Life

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    April 7, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I think it’s great your doing an e-cookbook! Congratulations and way to go! I’m rooting for you and can’t wait to see what you come up with! <3
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Ego or Soul

Joyti
    April 7, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Oh, congrats on the eCookbook!!!

I don’t mind negative posts on blog – in fact I sort of enjoy them because I find the overwhelming positivity of blogs unrealistic. But I do like your message of changing if you need to.

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    April 7, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Thoughts?? You’re freaking amazing, smart, wonderful, adorable and talented and I LOVE you!! Way to goooooo!!!!
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…MIMM – Getting used to it.

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    April 7, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Good luck girl, can’t wait to see it! It’s going to be so great! <3
    Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl recently posted…Easy Cinnamon Roll Muffins

Jordan @ The Blonde Vegan
    April 7, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Ahh, everything about this post inspires me to no end! I think it is SO incredible that you have stopped doing what bores you, you’ve followed your passion, and its led you to this awesome place. And guess what? Everyone is allowed to get into weird/negative funks once in awhile… and the wonderful thing about having a blog that promotes positivity is that you have a loyal band of readers/friends to cheer you up and back you up. Don’t worry about your accidental post over the weekend, and maybe it’s just all the more reason to push yourself and actually start a diary. A true diary is incredible therapeutic. I’ve actually started videoing myself on my laptop when I’m home alone to begin a sort of “virtual diary” and it’s been SO freaking therapeutic and interesting so far. Also… huuuuge congrats on your e cookbook. It’s going to be a massive success 🙂
    Jordan @ The Blonde Vegan recently posted…Which Type of Cleanse Should You Do?! (+ a Juice Cleanse Discount Code)

Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish
    April 7, 2014 at 3:38 pm

a) i love this and love you
    b) i can’t wait to see how your ecookbook develops and turns out!!!
    c) 47+ comments on one post?!?! you are AMAZING!
    Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish recently posted…Fresh {Strawberry Lemonade} Juice – No Sugar Added

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    April 7, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I love that you’re staying true to you. And I’m pumped for your eBook!!

When I was helping my husband run a photography business, the biggest piece of advice I took away was that you can’t make everyone happy. The BEST thing to happen is to have people either really like you, or really not like you. Truly. Look at Apple: people either love it or hate it and they’re SUPER successful, I totally believe it’s the same in blogging – and I happen to LOVE your blog! 😉
    Ange @ Cowgirl Runs recently posted…Weekly Plan 4/7 – 4/13 (Ultra Marathon Training Week 11)

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    April 7, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Put yo hands in the air like you just don’t care cuz Davida’s making an e-cookbook!! Woohoo! I am so stoked for you, girl.
    I’ve actually discovered that my anxiety originates from self-doubt. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to do that…or that…or anything”➔ fall into a hole of stress. The more I believe in myself and trust that God has given me great abilities, the more I achieve. Of course there is failure, but that’s just a part of the journey.
    I actually cringe when I get philosophical and cheesy, but it’s true. 😉
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…My First Time {At Chipotle}

The Zen Kat
    April 7, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Wow congrats Davida!! That’s so exciting. I can’t wait to read your compilation of recipes! Also, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with honest writing. I know what you mean about needing to delete it though. Depending on where you are in life, you don’t want a new job or friend to get the wrong idea. Have a great Monday girl!
    The Zen Kat recently posted…This Healthy Ice Cream Recipe…

Lauren @ Jesus and a Side of Peanut Butter
    April 7, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Love love love this post. And I read the link to the post about blogging voices. All I need to say is that I really needed to read both today. Thank you for making me (and every other blogger!) confident in what we do and encouraging us to be ourselves. It’s inspiring! Also, congrats on your eCookbook! You’re gonna kill it!
    Lauren @ Jesus and a Side of Peanut Butter recently posted…Things

kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    April 7, 2014 at 6:10 pm

ahhh congrats!!! I am soo happy for your that is soo exciting!! Your cookbook will be amazing and I will buy it!
    kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Marvelous Monday

Julie
    April 7, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Congratulations! Cannot wait for it – you have amazing recipes!
    Julie recently posted…MIMM: Retro Weekend

Amanda
    April 7, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I’m so proud of you! Go on with yo’ bad self! I’ll be ALL over your cookbook! 🙂
    Amanda recently posted…I’m aliiiiive!

April 7, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Ahhh, this is epic news! I am so excited for you girl! You’ve come SO far with your blog already in the past year, and it speaks volumes about your passion and determination – so I have no doubt you are going to make one awesome ecookbook! If you need any taste testers, you know who to call. 😉
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Pita Break Zero Low Low OneBun Review + Hummus and Feta Veggie Sandwich

Emily
    April 7, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Dude, that’s awesome! Congrats on taking on the big challenge! I’ve been following you all of, like, three days now, but I really appreciate your authenticity in your posts. Which is probably ironic since you seem to be going through a bit of a blog metamorphosis right now 🙂 But really, keep doing what you love, and keep doing what you think you should do. I think that sort of vision and social-norms-be-darned grit is what separates the really fun, interesting, successful bloggers from the ones who try to reinvent the wheel.
    Emily recently posted…Weekend Recap: Sunny Days

April 7, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I am HORRIBLE at responding to comments (I blame my trashy TV addiction) but today I am making an exception because in the three days since “meeting” you and becoming bffs (right?!) I’ve decided I kind of love you just from your comments. Well obvs because you totally just inflated my ego, but mostly because despite the number of CRAZY bloggers out there, you seem to be one of the few who actually has a good head on their shoulders. Weird that I can tell this from comments?! Off to stalk your blog now…

April 7, 2014 at 10:15 pm

WooHoo!!! I’m so excited for you – it is going to be awesome and I can’t wait to have my own copy of your cookbook!!!
    Kim recently posted…Remember – Have Fun!

Brittany
    April 7, 2014 at 10:31 pm

AHH OMFG this is huge and I am sosososo excited for you!! I have been DYING to embark on the cookbook journey, but don’t even know where to begin. YOU GO GIRL!
    Brittany recently posted…Roaring Good Times

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    April 7, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I think this is so wonderful Davida! I know I would be lucky to say I own one of your ebooks 🙂 Good luck with all the work!

And don’t worry about negative posts…we have all been there and sometimes things just need to be said. Then we can move on. No one would blame you for needing that!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…blood orange-roasted carrot bowl with farro and a miso-scallion sauce

April 7, 2014 at 10:34 pm

YESSS I love this post!! That is all I have to say.
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…My Favorite Foods to Pack for Trips

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate
    April 8, 2014 at 3:25 am

I am SO excited for you, missy! You have come so far with the blog and I can’t wait to see the amazing recipes you come up with. As if all the recipes on here already aren’t amazing enough. 😉 On that note, I’m off to make healthy cake batter dip…
    Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted…Weekend Snapshots {4/7/14}

April 8, 2014 at 9:38 am

Being the amazing stalker that I am, I knew you were planning this cookbook because I saw a comment you made on another blog about it BUT I’m still very happy for you that you’re going after what you want! Congrats! It’s amazing how much you have absolutely changed your life in the past six months. You could write a book on going balls to the wall after your dreams!
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…On Writing

Megan @ The Skinny-Life
    April 8, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Congrats on the ecookbook! I really enjoy reading your blog.
    Megan @ The Skinny-Life recently posted…Comment on Strawberry Banana Muffins by The Skinny-Life

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit
    April 8, 2014 at 12:54 pm

This is seriously amazing – congratulations!!!! I can’t wait to get my hands on it!! 🙂
    Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted…21 Day Fix – All The Deets

Amy @ Elephant Eats
    April 8, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Congrats on your latest undertaking 🙂 I can’t wait to see what tasty recipes you include. And never stop being yourself…whatever that leads you to write. I love hearing your voice!
    Amy @ Elephant Eats recently posted…House Update #5 + a bonus I’ve been “cooking up” 😉

April 8, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Congratulations on the ecookbook. That is fabulous news, and I’m fairly certain if anybody could do it, it’d be you.

Oh and whenever I’m feeling funky, I pop in some Parliament, a little George Clinton and belt out, “We want the funk. Gotta have that funk.”

Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa
    April 8, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Oh my gosh that’s awesome! Can’t wait for it to come out 🙂
    Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa recently posted…Liebster Award Nomination

samantha
    April 9, 2014 at 6:54 am

Thank you so much for this post. It may seem strange, as I’ve just come across your blog today but it really hit a nerve with me. I too, feel that excitement with just starting a new blog (like you did a year ago), however I have been feeling so stuck lately (and thinking this is a really bad sign especially being at the beginning of my blogging) because there really are so many DON’T DO’s on the internet and it gets confusing! I’m going to stop reading them and just concentrate on having fun with it.

I can’t believe you only picked up an SLR one year ago. Your photography is beautiful! Did you have lessons, or self taught? I would love a good camera…maybe one day when I save up and can justify it.

Awesome news about your ecookbook! Can’t wait…just from the few recipes I’ve seen, they look great! How exciting and inspiring!
    samantha recently posted…Raw food diet – Fad or Fab?

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    April 10, 2014 at 11:39 pm

WHAT?! This is amazing news!! Your photography has really grown in the last couple months alone. Definitely photos and recipes worthy of publishing. I’m so happy for you! Even if you do have to cut down on the trashy TV 🙂
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…The End of an Era

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    April 15, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Congrats on the e-book!! I’m so thrilled for you. 🙂 I can relate to almost everything you said today. I’ve read many blogs about what do and what not to do. Honestly I can’t write either because like you said, every blog and person is different. Who am I to say? I did want to share what I learned in the first year of blogging. If that helps someone then great. If not, it’s a nice reminder to myself, a diary if you will. 😉 I used to keep one when I was younger. I should have known that I was destined for blog-dom. 🙂
    I sincerely wish you all the best in your e-book journey and of course much success, my friend! 🙂
    Tina @ Tina’s Chic Corner recently posted…Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    April 16, 2014 at 5:27 am

Oh wow, what incredible news! Congratulations sweetie! This is awesome! I’m sure having something like this to help channel your energies and focus will help with any foreseeable “funk” moments! So happy for you!
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Marvelously MY Way!

Best of April 2014 - The Healthy Maven
    May 2, 2014 at 5:02 am

[…] 1. 5 Tips to Improve Your SEO 2. Chewy Chocolate Strawberry Granola Bars-gf, vegan 3. Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas w/ Tahini & Za’atar-gf, vegan 4. Having a Healthy Mindset 5. You CAN do it + An Announcement […]

{Ebook Talk} My Gluten-Free Flour Blend + Release Date - The Healthy Maven
    May 14, 2014 at 5:00 am

[…] know it’s been awhile since I’ve talked about the ebook! I’ve been trying to get through these recipes like a champ and managed to completely forget […]

{The New YP App} Meet Your Neighbourhood - The Healthy Maven
    May 28, 2014 at 7:41 am

[…] your current location. So for example when I was looking for a coffee shop to bunk up in for some ecookbook writing I was easily able to select “coffee” and it came up with an endless list of […]

{Pre-Order!} Introducing: Gluten-Free Breakfasts E-Cookbook! - The Healthy Maven
    June 16, 2014 at 7:28 am

[…] believe the day is finally here! 2 months ago I set out to do something I had never done before, create an ecookbook. It has always been a dream of mine to publish a cookbook and I wasn’t about to let a lack of […]