breakfast gluten-free oatmeal/granola vegan

Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats

October 14, 2014

Despite having been at this whole blogging thing for a little over a year and half now, there are still moments where I am lacking in blogging confidence. I know that every recipe I post is one that I would eat myself and whole-heartedly stand behind, but nevertheless I still get nervous when someone tells me they are making one of my recipes.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats -  an easy, one-step breakfast version of your favorite Fall drink.I LOVE hearing that you guys enjoyed a recipe (honestly, it makes my day more than you know) but as with any recipe developer, and especially one who uses 90% healthy ingredients there will be people who don’t like what you post. Realizing that I can’t please everyone is still something that I struggle with.

Then again, if you’re expecting my brownies to taste like a Betty Crocker mix filled with butter and sugar then you may want to take a second look at the ingredients. Don’t get me wrong, I think my brownies are delicious but when you’re replacing gluten and dairy with black beans and coconut oil (not to mention the hidden spinach…) it’s not gonna taste like grandma’s original brownie recipe! That post-brownie sugar-coma certainly will though.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats -  an easy, one-step breakfast version of your favorite Fall drink.Nevertheless, I still get super apprehensive when someone tells me their intentions to make a recipe. I know it will work, I know I thought it tasted delicious, as did my taste-tester (aka C) and I have yet to get any negative feedback on a recipe (unless you told me you either a) didn’t follow directions or b) substituted all ingredients –> THIS article explains it all!) but I still can’t accept that I may actually be good at what I do.

Don’t even get me started on photography! Despite knowing that it doesn’t take a degree in photography to be a good photographer, I still beat myself up over photo shoots. So yes, I am human and besides my occasional bouts of self-confidence, I still struggle with it.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats -  an easy, one-step breakfast version of your favorite Fall drink.So these Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats, do they taste exactly like a Starbucks PSL? No….but then again there’s no actual pumpkin in a PSL and it is made of 70% sugar, AT LEAST. Did I eat both servings of this for breakfast because I literally could not stop eating them? You bet I did. Take that Starbucks (insert punching emoji here).

Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats

PREP TIME 5 mins
Serves 2     adjust servings

• 1 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking and gluten-free if necessary)
  • 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled to room temp
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 large banana, mashed
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp pumpkin spice (I used my DIY recipe)
  • 2 tsp chia seeds

1. Combine all ingredients in a jar or sealed container and give it a good shake.
  2. Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
  3. Heat up in microwave if desired, or eat cold.

Notes

ON SALE NOW

Do you struggle with confidence issues? How have you attempted to overcome them?

October 14, 2014 at 5:50 am

AS IF THERE IS A SALE ON YOUR EBOOK.

Hi readers. Buy it. I struggle with confidence issues all the time- but as you said- it’s human nature.

Okay. My grandma totally made brownies with spinach hidden in it. Just kidding- They don’t have brownies in Iran and she served me a salad and said it was a brownie.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Restricted Eating = Restricted Taste buds

Ten for Tuesday 10.14.14 | Coffee Chalk
    October 14, 2014 at 6:39 am

[…] 6.  Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats […]

Michele @ paleorunningmomma
    October 14, 2014 at 6:48 am

I’m craving spicy fall flavors and seeing this this morning makes me want pumpkin for breakfast NOW!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…The Things in Life You Can’t Run From

Lauren
    October 14, 2014 at 6:59 am

I have been eating loads of overnight oats recently in the rush to get to work with a decent breakfast. Pumpkin seems to be so cheap over here too so I should wack some in them with this recipe 🙂
    I do struggle thinking I am good at things – but you gotta just try and believe in yourself 🙂
    And for the record, every recipe of yours I have tried is bloody tasty!
    Lauren recently posted…My Food Philosophy Update

Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate
    October 14, 2014 at 7:14 am

Yum!! I am going to try this out for tomorrow…if I have any coffee leftover from this morning 😉
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Wedding Recap: Getting Ready

erin @ The Almond Eater
    October 14, 2014 at 7:21 am

Totes making these tomorrow for breakfast forreallllll–don’t be nervous though 🙂 Oh and yeah I beat myself up about my photos like….all the time. Practice, practice, practice is what I tell myself when a shoot doesn’t turn out the way I had hoped.
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Cinnamon Roll Protein Smoothie

Katie
    October 14, 2014 at 8:01 am

Coffee in my overnight oats?! I’m sold!!
    Katie recently posted…Pumpkin Mac and Cheese Stuffed Peppers

Em @ Love A Latte
    October 14, 2014 at 8:09 am

Oh I knowww I will just LOVE this recipe!!! I totally struggle with self confidence issues, but I think we all do really. It’s incredible what you’re doing. Every recipe of yours I try is amazing. But really even if I didn’t like one recipe, it wouldn’t change how I felt about all the rest. I have cookbooks that I love, but not all the recipes are my taste.
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Sage: Month Two Baby Update

GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth
    October 14, 2014 at 8:59 am

Woke up to this in my inbox. Wished it was in my fridge…
    p.s. made your butternut squash/sweet potato soup for friends-giving dinner this weekend. ’twas awesome!
    GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth recently posted…5 Tips for Preparing for a Virtual Blog Conference

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food
    October 14, 2014 at 9:04 am

I haven’t made overnight oats in forever! I love pumpkin and I love coffee, sooooo safe bet I’d probably love these. Your pictures are gorgeous, so don’t you dare beat yourself up over them!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…A peaceful and relaxing weekend

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    October 14, 2014 at 9:17 am

Oh wow, you speak to me! Sometimes, I close my eyes and pray while pushing the PLAN button. And since I sleep when my post goes up, I usually wake up with being torn if I should look at my phone or not. The worst are the comments – when there are not as much comments as I am used to, I feel like the most stupid person on Earth.
    I can assure you, that the blondies I made (which turned out to be brunettes cause I threw the chocolate chips into the warm dough – I have to cook pumpkin first and puree it – so obviously they melted) were absolutely amazing, I ate about 4 myself and the guys at the CrossFit box made all kinds of crazy noises when they tried them. Keep on going, rockstar.
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Social Media/PR Chick going live and official

Nicole @ Squash on Squash
    October 14, 2014 at 10:10 am

Cool idea with the brewed coffee to make it latte flavour! Sounds like a great way to get an extra caffeine kick in there 🙂
    Nicole @ Squash on Squash recently posted…Pumpkin and Squash in Philadelphia + An Exciting Announcement

Kirtley @The Gist of Fit
    October 14, 2014 at 10:30 am

Nice! I just bought pumpkin, so now I know what to do with it!
    Kirtley @The Gist of Fit recently posted…Finding motivation to work out

October 14, 2014 at 11:11 am

My life is a confidence issue. I actually struggle with it most with boys and in relationships, which leads to my crippling self-doubt. Also, I always want people around me to be having a good time, and sometimes I just don’t have the confidence to think that’s possible. Anddddd my photography could definitely be improved upon. I don’t know how I deal with these things… simply just stop caring maybe? haha.
    Cassie recently posted…What to Do When You’re Laid Off

Abbie @ Needs Salt
    October 14, 2014 at 11:14 am

This is such a brilliant idea! These overnight oats look insanely good. Autumn perfection in a jar.
    Pinning!
    Abbie @ Needs Salt recently posted…super exciting news! + links to swoon over.

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers
    October 14, 2014 at 11:43 am

I’ve tried coffee in my oats before, but not pumpkin spice coffee. Yum! I’m not much into overnight oats, but I think I don’t think it’d be too hard to make a hot-oats switch. Thanks for sharing!
    Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted…Shepherd’s Pie

October 14, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Girl, there is not a person on this planet that doesn’t feel insecure sometimes! I think that the way to overcome those feelings is to have self-love at your core and to recognize that you just can’t please everyone.
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…10 Yoga Poses I’m Loving

October 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm

As someone who has eaten your food, I can attest your recipes are delicious. I loved those green beans! But I totally relate when you said you get nervous when someone intends to make your recipe. I think it’s just a natural blogger instinct!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Enjoying fall in Burlington

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious
    October 14, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I get nervous too when people say they’re making something of mine. I have oodles of taste testers at work. I bring them all my food. There’s no way I could eat it all myself! They give me good array of feedback and they’re honest too. That helps me feel confident that what I’m posting is good.
    Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…Treat Yourself Tuesday…Retail Therapy Cures All

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment
    October 15, 2014 at 10:12 am

I love new recipe for overnight oats! Great idea to add coffee. This must be great!

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    October 15, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Oh I can TOTALLY relate. Even if I get someone to taste test a recipe for me that I like I worry they won’t! I think that’s normal and that just means you care 😉

So this is the best oats flavour ever. Congrats, you are amazing!

Nikki @ Quest for Balance
    October 15, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Well don’t these just sound amazing! And you are a rockstar! Every recipe of yours I’ve tried is amazing and you are one of my go to blogs for photo inspiration because I heart your food photography. Own it lady!
    Nikki @ Quest for Balance recently posted…Two Ingredient Guacamole

30 Recipes for Overnight Oats | Itz Linz
    October 16, 2014 at 1:02 am

[…] Pumpkin Spice Latte […]

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    October 16, 2014 at 9:18 am

I get very self-conscious about mentioning my blog sometimes, or I lose confidence in my blog when people say they’re going to check it out for the first time. I just feel like people might think it’s lame or weird or just not good, but in the end, I remember that no matter what people think, I myself am proud of what I put out there, and I know that at least some people enjoy it too!
    I need a kitchen so I can make more of your recipes. I still fantasize about having those green pancakes again.
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Virtual Breakfast Date

Linda
    October 16, 2014 at 9:09 pm

I’m getting this together to have in the morning. It looks like something was sprinkled on top. Can you tell me what it is?

The Healthy Maven
      October 16, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Ground coffee! More for show than taste. I top mine with almond butter and love it but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!!

Linda
        October 17, 2014 at 11:29 am

Thank you. I did have it this morning for breakfast. I am not an oatmeal fan (unless it’s in the form of a cookie w/raisins) I have tried to eat it before because I know it is healthy but have a hard time overcoming the mushy texture. This had a wonderful flavor so I was better able to get past the texture issue. Not something I would look forward to eating but I can push past my issue to eat it in the name of health. It would be good to have on hand in the country as a breakfast or snack. Thanks for sharing it.

October 20, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I adored the link to all the funny comments: “Due to dietary restrictions, I am only able to eat Yatzhee dice. I made the necessary substitutions, and it turned out great.” It cracked me up.

As for confidence, it comes with time and age (and also wine) and eventually getting to be a little tough on the inside. Again, time, age and wine helps there too.

Soft & Chewy Pumpkin Maple Graham Crackers - Cupcakes & Kale Chips
    November 4, 2014 at 1:01 am

[…] Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats from The Healthy Maven […]

44 Deliciously Warm and Cozy Oatmeal Recipes | Two Healthy Kitchens
    December 18, 2014 at 2:27 pm

[…] 1 Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats from Davida at The Healthy Maven […]

20 Make-Ahead Breakfasts - Healthy. Delicious.
    February 1, 2015 at 4:31 am

[…] Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats […]

Chrissa - Physical Kitchness
    October 2, 2015 at 2:08 am

Oh girl, I can’t STAND all the sugar so I’m sure the brownies are DA BOMB (haven’t tried them but I think I need to) and I’m super duper jacked (not like jack-o-lanteren jacked but like excited jacked) so try these overnight oats!!!! I make pumpkin spiced muffins only sweetened with a tablespoon of pure maple syrup so this breakfast is going to be a treat (not like trick-or-treat but like yum treat). As you can tell, I have fall and Halloween on the brain. 😉