These Paleo Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a delicious and healthy holiday cookie recipe for mint chocolate lovers! They’re totally grain-free too!
It’s been two weeks since I’ve posted a recipe! To make it up to you I not only have one delicious cookie recipe for you today, but FIVE! Lee, Lexi, Kelly, Taylor and I are back for our monthly recipe round-up and in honour of the holidays that are just around the corner we’ve brought you all the cookies!
Unfortunately, these ended up being a total flop and I found myself questioning my cookie skills. I went back to the drawing board and decided on chocolate and vanilla pinwheel cookies which actually turned out great but were a tad too complicated.
So instead I went for the always fool-proof meringues, which as it turns out are not so fool-proof with coconut palm sugar. Cue me running to the store in a snowstorm to pick up the ingredients for my last cookie attempt, these Paleo Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles.
THANK GOODNESS these worked out. A) because I almost completely lost my sanity throughout this cookie making process and b) because these are seriously to-die for. Then again I say that about anything peppermint chocolate flavoured…
If mint chocolate ain’t yo thang I’ve got four other holiday cookie variations for you that are sure to please you! I’m once again blown-away by the talent and creativity of my fellow blogging besties. Now go get your bake on!
To kick things off, Taylor brought her holiday a-game with these crispy Paleo Gingersnaps.
Recipe –> HERE
Thankfully, Kelly didn’t have any issues with her shortbread cookie attempt. I cannot wait to try her Holiday Shortbread Cookies dipped in a Chocolate Cranberry Ganache.
Recipe –> HERE
How pretty are Lee’s Hot Chocolate Cookies with Vanilla Bean Frosting? I’m thinking my piping bag will be getting quite a bit of use this holiday season!
Recipe –> HERE
You didn’t think you were going to get through your holiday baking without Nutella, did you? Good luck exerting your will-power around Lexi’s Sea Salt Nutella Thumbprints!
Recipe –> HERE
Finally, I can taunt you with my Paleo Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! Did you know that you can make icing sugar out of coconut palm sugar?! Admittedly, it doesn’t create quite the same effect as the original but for a non-refined sugar it gets pretty darn close! All you have to do is pulse it a few times in your blender.
These babes are like soft pillows of mint chocolate sweetness. I’m weird and eat them straight out of the freezer but whatever way you eat them I can assure you that your tummy will be pleased. Plus they crinkle! Cheeeyeah.
Paleo Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies + Healthy Holiday Cookie Round-Up!
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar + 1/4 cup ground coconut palm sugar for rolling*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, melted (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, coconut oil, chocolate chips and pepper extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge for one hour (or overnight) or freezer for 20 minutes. Dough should harden. Do not skip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball between palms.
- Roll each ball in 1/4 cup of ground coconut palm sugar to coat.
- Place balls on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on tray for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Do not try to remove before 10 minutes as they will be too soft.
- Dust with any leftover ground coconut palm sugar for a more "snowball" like effect.
- Will keep for several days in an airtight container on your countertop.
What’s your favourite holiday cookie? Who else is having insane cookie cravings after reading this post?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!