dessert gluten-free paleo raw summer vegan

{VIDEO} Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits

June 29, 2016

The perfect summer dessert recipe, these Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits also make a fabulous addition to your 4th of July festivities! They’re completely raw and super portable for your next summer party.

4th of July is my favorite holiday.

There, I said it.

As a born and bred Canadian, I feel kind of fraudulent sharing this, but the truth is that I kind of live for the 4th. First off, it falls during the best season – HELLO SUMMER – and secondly, I love any opportunity to tout my American blood.

I may live and breathe maple syrup, poutine and Drake, but this Canadian is actually a muggle. I’m technically 50% Canadian and 50% American – or 100% of both but I prefer to rep the two.

P.S. If you haven’t seen my collab video with the incredible Abbey’s Kitchen, check it out here! Her Healthy Watermelon Cake for the 4th looks INSANE!

There are a million and one things that I love about being Canadian – free health care, nice people, an absurdly long winter that makes you embrace warm weather despite it being just over 0 degrees….but I am also a loud and proud American too.

And when it comes to holidays, Americans know how to party!

I’m sorry, but Canada Day (yes – this is a thing!) just doesn’t compare to the 4th of July. Maybe it’s the addition of the blue, but Americans go balls to the wall with their holiday celebrations and well, Canadians can’t even figure out which day is thanksgiving.

The perfect summer dessert recipe, these Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits also make a fabulous addition to your 4th of July festivities! They're completely raw and super portable for your next summer party.So today I’m spreading my red, white and blue pride to the world with these Healthy and Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits! They make the perfect portable treat for your 4th of July party or next summer BBQ and they’re so delicious, no one will ever guess that they’re healthy.

How’s that for independence???

Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits

Cook Time 20 mins
Serves 1 mason jar     adjust servings

For the Crumb layer

for the coconut whipped cream

For the Crumb Layer:

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until broken down into crumbs. Should take under a minute but slightly longer depending on your food processor.

For the Coconut Cream:

1. Using a spoon, scoop out cream from cans and place in a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer, break down coconut cream to a whipped consistency. If hand-mixer is unavailable, using a spoon to break up coconut cream and then whisk to desired consistency.

For the Parfaits:

1. Divide crumbs evenly amongst mason jars.
    2. Top with coconut cream.
    3. Sprinkle with strawberries and blueberries.
    4. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Notes

*To get coconut cream, place two cans of FULL FAT coconut milk in the fridge to sit overnight. Do not shake the cans before placing in fridge. Cream will be thick layer at the top of the can. Discard the liquid.

What are you doing for the 4th of July? Do you have multiple citizenships?

Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It
      June 29, 2016 at 7:05 am

Hahaha this made me smile. 🙂 I didn’t know you were a dual citizen! That’s awesome, and these parfaits look awesome too! Especially being no-bake and SO simple to whip up! For 4th of July my family and I are having a big party here, and fireworks and sparklers will definitely be involved.
      Marina @ A Dancer’s Live-It recently posted…My Issues With The “Fitspo” Community

June 30, 2016 at 3:35 pm

That’s so so fun!! I’ll be in Northern Minnesota hanging with the fam and enjoying nature!!

Beverley @ Born to Sweat
      June 29, 2016 at 9:37 am

lololol. I literally have NO idea what day Thanksgiving is. Thanks for calling us out Davida. and I won’t hate on you for loving July 4th, buuuuut America will never have poutine.
      Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…The Kettlebell Workout You Can Do In Under 30 Minutes

ashley @ fit mitten kitchen
      June 30, 2016 at 8:36 am

You know this post warms my heart!! It’s funny because I am totally bringing my “canada leaf shirt” (aka the one Drew picked up for me at the duty free, HA) up north this week. I’ll be wearing it loud and proud on Canada Day! And then I guess I’ll throw on some RWB for the 4th :-p
      ashley @ fit mitten kitchen recently posted…Simple 3-Ingredient Chocolate Covered Date Nut Bars

Lindsey Bomgren
      June 30, 2016 at 9:41 am

You ladies are too cute! I love this idea, so simple and so yummy! Happy 4th of July!
      Lindsey Bomgren recently posted…blackberry basil kombucha cocktail {a healthier cocktail or mocktail}

June 30, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Happy 4th gorgeous! I’ll actually be in Minnesota but all the way up north 🙁 I’ll have to catch you on the next trip!

Colleen
      June 30, 2016 at 10:37 am

Good morning! I have a question regarding the coconut milk. Will all coconut milk separate in the fridge or just certain brands? I’m in Ontario and just wondered which brand you are using? Also, have you ever used th coconut cream that comes in a box? This looks so good, I want to give this a try tomorrow! Thanks!

June 30, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Hi Colleen! I do find a slight difference in brands but usually go for the Thai Kitchen brand as I have the most success with it. I’d recommend that one if you’re unsure!

Karen @ Seasonal Cravings
      June 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Your video is super cute. I can see you both with your own cooking show soon!
      Karen @ Seasonal Cravings recently posted…Greek Pasta Salad

Christin
      June 30, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Wow! These look so great. Thanks! I’ll definitely be trying these soon. Nice photography too. =)
      Christin recently posted…Crunchy Cauliflower Tacos w/ Avocado-Lime Sauce (Vegan)

July 1, 2016 at 9:15 pm

That’s so funny! I love celebrating Chinese New Year way more than Vietnamese New Year because it’s a lot more festive! What can I say, us Vietnamese are not super celebratory! 🙁 Anyways, these parfaits look adorable and I loved the video collaboration! I’d even add some cocoa powder into the cream to make a chocolate coconut cream parfait batch!
      Cassie recently posted…Trader Joe’s Seafood Tomato Soup

Clara
      July 2, 2016 at 8:27 am

Hi Davida! I’ve heard a lot about coconut cream, but what is the liquid at the bottom? Is it technically coconut water? Is it useable elsewhere?
      Happy 4th!!!

Tammy
      July 13, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Made these today and besides being adorable, healthy and super easy to prepare, they are delicious too! I will definitely be making these again.