The perfect summer dessert recipe, these Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits also make a fabulous addition to your 4th of July festivities! They’re completely raw and super portable for your next summer party.
4th of July is my favorite holiday.
There, I said it.
As a born and bred Canadian, I feel kind of fraudulent sharing this, but the truth is that I kind of live for the 4th. First off, it falls during the best season – HELLO SUMMER – and secondly, I love any opportunity to tout my American blood.
I may live and breathe maple syrup, poutine and Drake, but this Canadian is actually a muggle. I’m technically 50% Canadian and 50% American – or 100% of both but I prefer to rep the two.
P.S. If you haven’t seen my collab video with the incredible Abbey’s Kitchen, check it out here! Her Healthy Watermelon Cake for the 4th looks INSANE!
There are a million and one things that I love about being Canadian – free health care, nice people, an absurdly long winter that makes you embrace warm weather despite it being just over 0 degrees….but I am also a loud and proud American too.
And when it comes to holidays, Americans know how to party!
I’m sorry, but Canada Day (yes – this is a thing!) just doesn’t compare to the 4th of July. Maybe it’s the addition of the blue, but Americans go balls to the wall with their holiday celebrations and well, Canadians can’t even figure out which day is thanksgiving.
So today I’m spreading my red, white and blue pride to the world with these Healthy and Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits! They make the perfect portable treat for your 4th of July party or next summer BBQ and they’re so delicious, no one will ever guess that they’re healthy.
How’s that for independence???
For the Crumb layer
for the coconut whipped cream
For the Crumb Layer:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until broken down into crumbs. Should take under a minute but slightly longer depending on your food processor.
For the Coconut Cream:
- Using a spoon, scoop out cream from cans and place in a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer, break down coconut cream to a whipped consistency. If hand-mixer is unavailable, using a spoon to break up coconut cream and then whisk to desired consistency.
For the Parfaits:
- Divide crumbs evenly amongst mason jars.
- Top with coconut cream.
- Sprinkle with strawberries and blueberries.
- Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
What are you doing for the 4th of July? Do you have multiple citizenships?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!