This almond cranberry granola is a healthy, vegan and delicious granola recipe that can be easily stored in mason jars and gifted to friends and family! Edible gifts make the perfect hostess or holiday gift so don’t wait to whip up this granola jar recipe.
I’m having a really hard time conceptualizing that the holidays are right around the corner. How is that even possible?! Unlike 2018 which was easiest the longest year of my life, 2019 has flown by. It feels like yesterday that we were ringing in the new year in Sonoma with our friends. Now we’re prepping for Thanksgiving in a month and the holidays soon after. I’m making plans into 2020…what the what?!
At the same time, this is my favorite time of year in San Francisco. First off, our fall is summer so the weather is spectacularly beautiful, but we also get to start prepping for the magic of the holidays. I know people look forward to the crisp air and falling leaves that comes with the change of seasons and holiday prep but I kind of love 70 degrees and sunny while whipping up almond cranberry granola to be stored in mason jars for gifts. Breaking up holiday prep with a hike in the redwoods ain’t so bad. Although I am aware that the rainy season is just around the corner…
So let’s chat healthy cranberry granola…
Ingredients You Need:
What ingredients do you need for this cranberry granola?
- rolled oats – make sure you grab gluten-free if necessary.
- raw almonds – they can be sliced or slivered almonds.
- cinnamon – the perfect spice pairing!
- pinch of sea salt – to season the granola.
- coconut oil – oil helps make the granola nice and brown!
- unsweetened pumpkin puree – applesauce works too.
- maple syrup – a natural sweetener.
- almond extract – you can also use vanilla extract.
- fresh orange – you’ll be using the juice and the zest.
- dried cranberries – try to find unsweetened dried cranberries!
- optional: 2 large 1 quart jars or 4 small pint jars for storing
Cranberry Granola In a Jar
One of my favorite hostess or holiday gifts is cranberry granola in a jar. It’s a perfect use for your mason jars you have hanging around and who doesn’t appreciate an edible gift?
Some tips for serving granola in a jar:
- always let your granola cool before storing it in a mason jar
- to preserve freshness, make sure the top is closed completely
- granola will keep in a jar for several months…if it lasts that long!
More Granola Recipes to Make in a Jar
- The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Seedy Savory Granola
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Granola
- Honey Nut Steel-Cut Granola
- Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Granola
Almond Cranberry Granola
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 cups raw almonds, sliced or slivered preferred
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (applesauce or banana works too)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract or vanilla extract if almond not available
- zest, 1 orange
- juice, 1/2 orange
- optional: 1 egg white*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 large 1 quart jars or 4 small pint jars for storing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Top with coconut oil, pumpkin, maple syrup, extract, orange zest and combine.
- Stir in egg white, if using
- Spread granola onto a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip granola on tray and bake for another 15 minutes or until granola is slightly browned and crispy.
- Turn oven off and open oven door to vent leaving the granola on the tray for 20 minutes to crisp up even more.
- Remove from oven and top with dried cranberries.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in jars or an airtight container.
- Will keep for several months.
*Egg white helps to create crunchy clusters but is completely optional
Like this cranberry granola recipe? Here are a few others you might enjoy:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!