gluten-free lunch paleo salads

Bacon and Brussels Sprout Caesar Slaw

September 30, 2014

No, you haven’t come to the wrong place I am indeed posting a recipe with bacon. I have seen the light! The light came while waiting for an early morning flight to Minneapolis. Yes, my first pieces of bacon were eaten airport-style. And it was amazing.

Let’s back up a bit.Β

Bacon and Brussels Sprout Caesar Slaw - #lunch ready in 10 minutes! // thehealthymaven.comI knew this day would come. Bacon had snuck its way into some of my meals and to be honest, I didn’t hate it. I quickly discovered that it wasn’t the taste that I didn’t like but it was the smell of cooking it. This revelation led to a week of extreme bacon consumption. I went from someone who had never ordered bacon in their life to ordering it 3 times in one week! Pandora’s box had been opened…

Remember last month when I posted that Honey Mustard Veggie Frittata using Nature’s Palate Honey Mustard Glaze? I am absolutely obsessed with their Honey Mustard Glaze, but they actually have two other products! One of them is a Paleo Bacon Caesar Dressing. At first I was a little anxious because of my bacon issues, but clearly this problem has been solved and I’m now drenching my salads in this dressing!

Bacon and Brussels Sprout Caesar Slaw - #lunch ready in 10 minutes! // thehealthymaven.com #recipeJust like their Honey Mustard Glaze, their Bacon Caesar Dressing is made from whole, REAL ingredients. No preservatives or artificial ingredients.

Olive Oil, Water, Pasteurized Egg Yolks, Red Wine Vinegar, Anchovy Fillets, Honey, Garlic, Pure Lemon Juice Concentrate, Bacon, Black pepper, Sea Salt, Dijon Mustard, Mustard Seeds, Cayenne.

Tell me you don’t know every single one of these ingredients! Products like this make me smile πŸ™‚

Bacon and Brussels Sprout Caesar Slaw - #lunch ready in 10 minutes! // thehealthymaven.com #recipeAs part of my partnership with NP, I am creating recipes using their awesome glazes and dressings. The premise behind NP is to help people make quick meals from real ingredients. I decided to stick with this mentality when creating recipes for them. The Honey Mustard Veggie Frittata made a filling and delicious breakfast in under 30 minutes. I wanted to do the same for lunch, which is how this Bacon and Brussels Sprout Caesar Slaw was born.

I even sucked up my dislike of bacon grease smell for it! And despite smelling like a greasy diner for the next 3 days, it was absolutely worth it.

Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Caesar Slaw

Scale

1. Cut off bottom of brussels sprouts and slice thinly from base to tip to create brussels sprout “slaw”.
  2. Cook bacon over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel to soak up some of the grease.
  3. Chop bacon into small pieces and add to a large bowl with brussels sprouts.
  4. Top with dressing and mix until well-coated.
  5. Serve immediately or will keep for several days in fridge.

This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Nature’s Palate. I was compensated but as always all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my dream of running THM as a business and allowing me to do what I love for a living.Β

Is there a food that you used to hate that you now love? Have you tried Nature’s Palate? If not, you NEED it in your life.

carpet shampooing
    October 3, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you really
    know what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Please
    also visit my website =). We could have a hyperlink trade
    arrangement between us

Ann
    October 1, 2014 at 10:39 am

Raw Brussels sprouts? Can’t imagine how that would taste. I gues good, otherwise you wouldn’t have posted this recipe πŸ˜‰
    I used to hate bananas, because of their smell and taste. It reminded me of my brother’s breath back then, LOL πŸ˜€ not anymore though. I love bananas and have one almost everyday, love it in baking and everything. Thanks to the healthy living community on instagram and the bloggosphere!

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment
    September 30, 2014 at 9:49 pm

This looks delcious! I love salads with Brussels Sprouts.

Katie
    September 30, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Truth: I hate “coleslaw” But I could totally get behind this recipe!

October 1, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I feel ya, I hate certain kinds of coleslaw too but this surprisingly tastes nothing like typical slaw!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious
    September 30, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I don’t love bacon, but I don’t like red meat or pork. Some people don’t like fish. I don’t like meat.

September 30, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I used to hate beets. And goat cheese. And meat. And believe it or not… MUSTARD. But I’ve seen the light and boy, is it bright.

September 30, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Woohoo I’m glad you’ve seen the bacon light! πŸ˜‰

I used to hate fish in my teens until I realized how flipping delicious maple glazed salmon is haha.

October 1, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Not sure if I can get on board with bacon shortbread, but I’m easing my way in πŸ˜‰

[email protected]
    September 30, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I love products with real ingredients! It just makes everything better. I love this slaw! I’m not a huge fan of bacon. I eat it but if I had to give it up I could and I probably wouldn’t really miss it (unlike this insanity of no coffee/no wine)!

September 30, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Yum – this looks awesome! I’m sure the boys would enjoy it!!!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    September 30, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I actually love the idea of bacon, then I have one piece and I’m pretty much done. Bacon cooking doesn’t bother me so much, especially if it’s maple bacon, which smells like brunch-y heaven.

Erica
    September 30, 2014 at 12:36 pm

This looks so yummy and easy!! I need to try these Nature Palate products. Caesar is my FAVE but with my dairy restrictions I usually can’t make it work. xo

October 1, 2014 at 12:21 pm

help me find a way to get them across airport security and I’ll get you a whole box for November! LY x

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    September 30, 2014 at 11:26 am

Brussels and bacon are a match made it heaven! It’s my fav filling in an omelette! Try adding some dried cranberries… Tastes so good!

October 1, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I have yet to try bacon in an omelette! I know what my next bacon activity will be!

1 2 3