A simple and easy breakfast recipe, this Chocolate Almond Butter Overnight Oats will become a new morning favorite. Just throw all the ingredients into a jar and let it sit overnight for a healthy and fun breakfast in the AM!
…my poor future children. OY.
With everyone getting their panties in a bunch over the glory that is peanut butter, I’m over there in the corner hoarding my insanely expensive jar of almond butter. What can I say? I have expensive taste.
But for real, almond butter is the true joy of my life and is perhaps what I miss most when I’m travelling.
Oh wait, I totally travel with my almond butter.
When it comes to breakfast, I can be so so boring. I go in food ruts where I have the same thing for breakfast every single day for months and then one day wake up and decide that I’m sick of it. I vacillate between smoothie bowls and oats and occasionally pancakes, but no matter what phase I’m in, there will always be almond butter.
And as I’ve discovered, almond butter is to chocolate as peanut butter is to jelly. If that doesn’t make almond butter better than peanut butter, I don’t know what will. So basically I will be feeding future children almond butter and chocolate sandwiches…which hopefully will make up for the fact that I totally just picked favorites.
RELATED: The Best Ever Bircher Muesli
This Chocolate Almond Butter Overnight Oats recipe is actually an old favorite. I probably ate this every single day for a year a few years back. Likely BBE (before the blogging era), which would explain why it never made an appearance on the blog. But lately I’ve been getting sentimental and including some throwback recipes to old faves.
In the process I’ve also been reunited with my love for this recipe. So onto an old/new breakfast phase! Not surprisingly, it includes almond butter!Print
Chocolate Almond Butter Overnight Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: overnight
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)*
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp chopped dark chocolate
*not quick cooking oats – use old-fashioned rolled oats!
- In a large mason jar or airtight container add rolled oats, mashed banana and chia seeds.
- Add in almond milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Top with lid and give it a good shake.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- In the morning add more almond milk (if desired) and heat up in microwave or on stove-top.
- Top with almond butter and dark chocolate.
Like this post? Here are a few other overnight oat recipes you might enjoy:
- banana nut overnight oats
- 5 healthy overnight oat jars
- chocolate raspberry overnight oat parfaits
- the best ever bircher muesli
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!