If you don’t have a slow-cooker I highly suggest you get one but since most people don’t listen to my suggestions (:p), you can certainly cook this up on the stove. Just brown the chicken first and then add to a large pot with all other ingredients (except yogurt) and bring to a slow boil. Then decrease to a simmer, cover and let sit for 20-40 mins. For serious flavour go with the slow-cooker! Truly mouth-watering results.Print
Healthy Slow-Cooker Butter Chicken
- Total Time: 4 hours
- pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 T butter
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 Bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker or larger
- Put chicken in crockpot, and add onion, garlic, and all of the dry spices.
- Add butter and tomato paste.
- Stir in coconut milk and make sure all ingredients are mixed. Place bay leaf on top.
- Cover and let slow cooker sit for 3.5-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir in yogurt 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve on top of rice or veggies.
- Serving Size: 4
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!