drinks gluten-free Healthy How-Tos paleo smoothies snacks vegan

How To Make Green Juice In Your Blender

January 4, 2023

Don’t have a juicer? No problem! You can have green juice in minutes with this step-by-step tutorial on how to make green juice in your blender in just two basic steps. All you need is a high-speed blender and some cheesecloth.

Don't have a juicer? No problem! Here's a step-by -step tutorial on how to make green juice in your blender!

Green juices have had their moment in the spotlight… While I don’t think they’re the cure to all health issues I do think they’re a great way to pack a ton of nutrients in a drink!

The Benefits of Green Juice

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fruit and vegetable pulp. Fiber is great for the body and we all need it in our diet, but sometimes it can get in the way of our body absorbing all of those vitamins and minerals from fresh fruit and veggies. When you drink juice (versus a smoothie), your body can digest 100% of the good stuff, without the insoluble fiber getting in the way.

The benefits of green juice differ based on the ingredients you include. Kale is different from spinach is different from cucumber is different from apple. I encourage you to change up your green juice so you’re getting a variety of benefits! Scroll down to learn the benefits of this green juice recipe.

What Type of Blender Should I Use?

I vividly remember getting my Blendtec Designer 725 Blender aka my first high-powered blender and it was honestly a game-changer. Eventually I got a Vitamix and while it’s great I don’t think it’s that much better than the Blendtec (just a tad quieter!). Either way the blades are great at breaking up the fruit + veggie pulp

What excited me most was that the Blendtec has a “juice” option so you can actually make juice in your blender! Now here’s the catch, what actually separates juice from a smoothie is that the fiber (or “pulp”) from the vegetables and fruit has been removed so what you’re getting is the vitamin and mineral packed juice.

There are so many types of blenders out there but my recommendation is to invest in a high-powered blender with a powerful motor since they’re so quick and last a really long time.

Ingredients in Green Juice

• kale – packed with vitamins A, C and K as well as folate which is essential for healthy brain development. (Source)
  • celery – is loaded with anti-oxidants and is anti-inflammatory. (Source)
  • cucumber – super high water content but also notable amounts of potassium and vitamin C and K. (Source)
  • green apples – green apples add just the right amount of sweetness to this juice and are high in vitamin C and potassium. (Source)
  • ginger – ginger adds a nice kick to this juice and ups the nutrition factor thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. (Source)

How To Make Green Juice In Your Blender

To get around the whole “juicing without a juicer” deal, you have to take one extra step after blending by straining the fresh juice through some cheesecloth to remove the fiber. If you want to drink this with the pulp, go for it! But if you want real authentic green juice, you’ll need to do the second step.

So it’s really as simple as it sounds:

Chop ingredients into bite-sized pieces. Add veggies/fruit to your blender with some water and blend together. You need to add the water to get the veggies going. You’ll then strain the mixture through some cheesecloth to remove the pulp and then BAM you’ve got green juice. Trust me, your wallet will thank you.

How To Make Green Juice In Your Blender

• 1 head of kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cucumber, coarsely chopped
  • 2 green apples, stemmed and coarsely chopped
  • 1 inch cube of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
  • 2 cups water
  • supplies: a powerful blender, several pieces of cheesecloth (a nut milk bag works too), a large bowl.

1. Place all ingredients in your blender and top with 2 cups of water.
  2. Press the “juice” button on your Blendtec and blend until done.*
  3. Place a large piece of cheesecloth over your bowl so that it covers all sides. Cut 3 pieces this size and layer them on top of each other.
  4. Place layered cheesecloth over bowl and slowly pour juice into bowl from blender.
  5. Pick up sides of cheesecloth to form a sieve and squeeze out juice. You should be left with about a cups worth of vegetable pulp.**
  6. Pour juice into a cup and drink immediately.

*Or blend for about 1 minute in any other blender
**You can add remaining juice pulp to soups, baked goods or smoothies, or discard.

Keywords: green juice in blender, juice blender, green juice recipe, green juice

Like this recipe? Here are others you might enjoy:

Uvalin Williams
    October 14, 2016 at 7:35 pm

If I blend my ingredients out very smooth do I still have to strain it?

October 17, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Straining it is to remove the fiber and pulp. While there are many benefits to drinking this (feel free to!), traditional juice has this removed so the liquid is broken down by the liver rather than having to pass through the digestive organs. Hope this helps!

Siobhan
    October 9, 2016 at 10:53 am

I went and bought everything I need to start drinking this juice in the morning along with a few other healthy mix green recipes. I don’t have much time in the mornings. Can you make this in the evening and have it hold up till morning? Or maybe make a pitcher for the week?

October 10, 2016 at 12:02 pm

In theory, yes! There is some research on how the benefits decrease with more oxygen exposure, but IMO it’s already so nutrient-packed that you just have to do what you can!

Blender Juice
    February 29, 2016 at 11:20 am

I love that you do it in the blender instead of buying another kitchen product. I’ll have to try it out. Thank you 🙂

mailoha
    December 27, 2015 at 1:10 am

is there a way to make this with a vitamix?

Elena B
    December 11, 2015 at 3:17 pm

I’ve had certain liver issues in the past so i am juicing for quite some time. No sugar, no gluten and no dairy. It is really really working out for me. My liver test results are back to healthy and i’ve even got rid of some extra pounds. I started enjoying all my daily shakes and juices, and just lately i started with Organifi green juice and this stuff is supergood. It truly is yummy also it saves me time and effort. Never before i was using anything similar to this but this is golden. Look it up here if you wish http://goo.gl/0QGP4e

Last Vegan
    December 1, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Definitely worth of trying, especially during windy weather like the one we are experiencing right now in North-East Scotland.

Fred
    March 17, 2015 at 12:11 am

Back in the mid 90’s I tried hard core wheat grass juicing. I actually grew my own wheatgrass in my “living room” – I was single living with a roommate at the time. I had seven cafeteria trays stacked on seven shelves one on top of the other. I harvested one tray per day, since it takes wheat grass a week to grow to about 7 inches high. One tray made enough for 8 oz. each morning. Wheatgrass has a sweet taste but can make you gag at the same time. Its an odd combination. I did it for two weeks. Couldn’t stomach it after that. It is to regular juice what 100% proof vodka is to wine. Having said all that, my wife recently got into juicing in a better way, and we tried your recipe above. I have to say, much more enjoyable. Ginger is the secret ingredient in many a recipe. Fred.

January 30, 2015 at 11:56 am

I haven’t made juice in my blender… I’ve really only used my juicer twice. Whoops. I swear I’m going to pull it out and use it, soon!!

Nora (A Clean Bake)
    January 29, 2015 at 10:03 pm

What an AWESOME trick! I’m in the same boat as you: no juicer (and no space for one) but no budget for daily store-bought juices. Man those things add up fast. I am going to try this!

January 27, 2015 at 8:27 pm

what an epic new toy in your possession! The pulping process looks cray- Niki has a juicer but I think she thinks it’s a decoration but I have a blender. winning.

Jayme
    January 27, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Great recipe! I definitely need to upgrade blenders asap! I probably could buy a new one for what I have spent in juices at Whole Foods. In fact, I could probably buy a house to put the blender in too – ha.

Megan Ware, RDN
    January 27, 2015 at 6:19 pm

You explained perfectly exactly how I feel every time I get back from vaca… “needing an IV drip packed-full of vegetable juice!”

1 2 3