Easy to whip up and full of healthy goodness, this Peach and Apple Crisp will quickly become a favorite for your next cook-out or late summer BBQ! A healthy apple crisp meets peach crumble that the whole family will enjoy.
Is it a Crisp or a Crumble?!
I’ll be honest, I just totally googled the difference between a “crisp” and a “crumble”, and confirmed…they are the same thing. I also spent far too long trying to decide between calling this a Peach and Apple Crisp or an Apple and Peach Crumble. I went for the the former (#SEOproblems) but I’d still think that a Late Summer Fruit Crumble is a way sexier name. Technically it’s different from an apple and peach cobbler…I digress! Nevertheless the flavors are still the same.
Ingredients in Apple + Peach Crumble
- Fresh Apples – I like honeycrisp apples, braeburn or fuji in my apple crumble but use your favorite!
- Fresh Peaches – Ideally fresh summer peaches! I wouldn’t recommend canned peaches for this recipe as they will affect the sweetness.
- Cinnamon – get the ground stuff. You’ll use this in the filling and crumble. If you’d like a more traditional apple crisp recipe you can also add a little nutmeg.
- Coconut Sugar – you can also use light brown sugar. You’ll use this in the filling and crumble.
- Orange juice – this is the secret ingredient! Use store-bought or freshly squeezed
- Tapioca flour – or arrowroot flour or cornstarch. You could use regular flour but I find the fruit tastes lighter with tapioca flour
- Almond Meal – I use almond meal in this peach crumble to keep it gluten-free but you can use regular all-purpose flour instead if you prefer or have a nut allergy.
- Rolled Oats – These are key! Do not use steel-cut oats.
- Coconut Oil – This recipe is dairy-free if you use coconut oil but if you only have unsalted butter you can easily use that in place. Vegan butter should also work.
RELATED: Healthy Cherry Crumble
How to Peach Apple and Peach Crumble
STEP 1: MAKE FILLING
Place chopped apples and sliced peaches in a large bowl and top with cinnamon, coconut sugar, orange juice and tapioca flour. Spread out in baking dish.
STEP 2: MAKE CRUMBLE
Place almond meal, rolled oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt to bowl and stir. Add coconut oil or butter to bowl and using hands mix crumble toppings together until crumbly. Don’t be afraid to get in there and dirty! Sprinkle crumb topping in an even layer on top of apples and peaches.
STEP 3: BAKE!
Bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm ideally with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Store leftovers by covering pan with foil in keeping in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in oven or in microwave.
More Fruit Desserts You’ll Love:
- Very Berry Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Hazelnut Crumb Bars
- Vegan Berry Coconut Parfaits
- Easy Peach Crumble Overnight Oats
- Vegan Peach Galette
- Peach and Zucchini Baked Oatmeal Bars
Peach and Apple Crisp
Easy to whip up and full of healthy goodness, this Peach and Apple Crisp will quickly become a favorite for your next cook-out or late summer BBQ! A healthy peach crisp the whole family will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the Filling:
- 5 apples of choice, peeled and chopped
- 5 peaches, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour (or arrowroot or cornstarch)
For the Crumble:
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter (cold)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with coconut oil or butter
- Place apples and peaches in a large bowl and top with cinnamon, coconut sugar, orange juice and tapioca flour.
- Spread out in baking dish.
- Place almond meal, rolled oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt to bowl and stir.
- Add coconut oil or butter to bowl and using hands mix crumble mixture together until crumbly. Don’t be afraid to get in there and dirty!
- Sprinkle crumble mixture on top of apples and peaches.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm ideally with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Keywords: Peach crumble, apple crisp
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!