Make your mornings a little sweeter with these fluffy Sweet Potato Pecan Pancakes. They’re healthy and gluten-free with the added bonus of sweet potato!
Life is a like a stack of pancakes.
But rarely is it perfect.
The first couple rounds are never quite right…
But eventually you get the hang of it.
Complicated, simple, with others, alone.
And sometimes you find yourself drowning in its sweetness.Print
Sweet Potato and Pecan Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 pancakes 1x
- 2 cups oat flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup cooked & mashed sweet potato**
- 1 large egg
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pecans
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, salt and spices
- In a separate bowl combine sweet potato, egg, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk.
- Add wet mixture to dry.
- Stir in pecans.
- If batter is too thick add in a bit more almond milk.
- Spray or melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add a 1/3 cup of batter to form pancakes.
- Cook until all bubbles have popped (about 3 mins) & flip over for 1 min. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, nut butter or preserves.
*To make oat flour grind up rolled oats in a blender or food processor. Use gluten-free oats if necessary. **I cooked my sweet potato in the microwave for 8 minutes (poke holes in skin with fork before nuking) and then “mashed” it by blending it with 1 T water until smooth.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!