The ultimate healthy pancake recipe round-up so you can have your favorite sweet brunch full of nutritious ingredients. Stack em’ high with this delicious round-up of 40 healthy pancake recipes from The Healthy Maven and around the web.
Forget Valentines Day, forget Fashion Week (already done), February is Pancake Month! Right? February is stacking up to be a seriously good month. In honor of this glorious holiday, I propose we celebrate with pancakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Concerned you might get sick of pancakes? No such thing! Thanks to pancake revolutionaries like Aunt Jamima and the founders of IHOP, pancakes are super versatile, you could go a whole month without repeating a flavor. Customize your next batch to your liking, by using any flour, milk and toppings of your choice! So whether chocolate chips are your thing, or you like to get a little bit crazier by adding spinach into the mix, it’s time to batter up and chat all things pancakes.
Easy Healthy Pancake Recipe
Before we get into some of the best healthy pancake recipes on the web, I did want to share an easy healthy pancake recipe that you can customize yourself. Feel free to get crazy with the add-ins or toppings but you can always keep it simple and just drizzle a little maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups flour (regular, whole wheat, oat flour – just no coconut flour!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, oat all work great)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (for sweetness)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of add-ins of choice (chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts etc…)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well-combined. Add more milk if batter is too thick. Heat up a skillet and add butter or coconut oil. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into skillet and let cook for about 3 minutes or until all air bubbles have popped. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until cooked all the way through. Enjoy!
The Best Pancake Recipes on the Web
Not looking to get creative? Here are 40 of the best pancake recipes so you can ditch the premade mix!
1. The Fluffiest Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
2. Banana Oatmeal Blender Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
3. Paleo Coconut Flour Pancakes from Fit Foodie Finds
4. Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes from Minimalist Baker
5. Customizable Protein Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
6. Gluten Free Baked Swedish Pancakes from Cotter Crunch
7. Cinnamon Crunch Peach Pancakes from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
8. Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes with Wild Blueberry Syrup from Ambitious Kitchen
9. Old Fashioned Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes from Pinch of Yum
10. Lemon Poppy Seed Oat Pancakes from A Couple Cooks
11. Paleo Mexican Hot Chocolate Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
12. Super Simple Vegan Pancakes from Cookie and Kate
13. The Best Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes from To Live and Diet in LA
14. Paleo Mocha Almond Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
15. Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes from Fit Foodie Finds
16. Chocolate Chip Pancake Bread from Cotter Crunch
17. Microwave Peanut Protein Pancakes from Food Faith Fitness
18. Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes from Minimalist Baker
19. Red White & Blueberry Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
20. Chocolate Chip Banana Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes from Eating Bird Food
21. Quinoa Power Pancakes from Rachel Cooks
22. Paleo Spiced Chestnut Flour Pancakes from Colorful Eats
23. Lemon Almond Ricotta Pancakes with Rhubarb Compote from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
24. Sweet Potato Pecan Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
25. Extra Fluffy Blueberry Almond Pancakes from Sweet Peas and Saffron
26. Apple Carrot Cake Pancakes with Maple Cream Cheese Topping from Running To The Kitchen
27. 2 Ingredient Healthy Pancakes from Top With Cinnamon
28. St. Patty’s Day Green Pancakes with Hidden Veggies from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
29. Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes from Girl Verses Dough
30. Apple Chai Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
31. Almond Joy Pancakes from The Lemon Bowl
32. Superfood Chocolate Quinoa Pancakes from Simply Quinoa
33. Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Gimme Some Oven
34. Coconut & Quinoa Pancakes from Green Kitchen Stories
35. Chocolate Cherry Crepes from The Healthy Maven
36. Green Smoothie Pancakes from Nosh and Nourish
37. Healthy Banana Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
38. Vegan Cinnamon Oatmeal Quinoa Pancakes from The Simply Quinoa
39. Gingerbread Apple Pancakes from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
40. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes from The Healthy Maven
There you have it! I hope you found some recipe inspiration for everything from simple oatmeal pancakes to banana pancakes! Pancakes are definitely healthy so celebrate as often as you can because who doesn’t love a big ole’ stack of goodness?!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!