A simple yet flavorful chicken recipe made with just 4 ingredients. This Kale and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken is a hit for an easy weeknight dinner or a fancy weekend dinner party.
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably noticed that my bestie and blogging partner-in-crime Fit Foodie Finds was in town last week. We’ve been working on a crazy new project (in addition to SHEuncovered) so we planned to hammer out a lot of the work in her week visit to Toronto.
In the past, I’ve been the one travelling to Minneapolis, so it was so nice to have Lee here on my turf and be able to share a piece of my world with her.
I’ll be honest, I was a bit intimidated to be cooking for a fellow food blogger. I’m generally not at all scared to cook for anyone (unless it was like Gordon Ramsay or something…), but I know how talented Lee is so the pressure was on.
My nerves quickly dissipated when I was reminded that we are literally the same person when it comes to food. Oatmeal for breakfast, eggs or a snack plate for lunch and a flavorful protein-carb-veggie-filled meal for dinner. Oh ALL THE BALLS for snacking.
Initially this Kale and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken was supposed to be on the menu but then my wonderful mother popped by with some spaghetti and meatballs, and you never turn down mama maven’s cooking.
Nevertheless, Lee and I love finding out how each other would make a recipe, mostly because it’s actually mind-blowing how often we make them the exact same way. Not surprisingly, when I told her that this was my go-to stuffed chicken recipe her reaction was somewhere along the lines of “I pretty much make the same recipe weekly!”
We often send each other photos before a post goes live to get each other’s feedback, and it’s laughable how many times we’ve basically duplicated each other’s content. All unintentionally of course. Sometimes we wonder if we’re better off just merging to form Fit Foodie Maven…and then take over the world, Pinky and the Brain style.
At the end of the day, girl’s got good taste and if that means there’s two similar stuffed chicken recipes floating around the internet then the world just got a little more awesome!
Serves: 8 pieces of chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (about 8 oz each)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1 head of kale, stemmed and chopped finely
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil), chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place kale in a large pot and top with 1 T of olive oil and ½ cup of water and heat over medium.
- Cover and let steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove top and sauté for several more minutes, until all kale has wilted.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 3 more minutes. Set aside.
- Slice chicken pieces in half and using a mallet, pound chicken slices to make them thinner.
- Crumble a tablespoon or so of goat cheese onto each piece of chicken and top with about 2 tablespoons of the kale and sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Roll up pieces and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Top with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken has cooked all the way through and is no longer pink (mine takes about 23 minutes)
- Serve warm.