Gluten-Free and Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Blondies that make the perfect Fall treat! They’re gooey and chocolatey with a spicy pumpkin blend!
I’m writing this post from a Starbucks on my last day here in Minneapolis. Lee and I are going back and forth between blog writing and talking about how amazing it would be if we lived in the same city and could share a dream kitchen/studio. Not an ounce of me wants to leave this place.
Looking at these blondies makes me wonder where the hell the last week of my life has gone. I showed up in Minneapolis with these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Blondies in tow (because duhhhh I never show up foodless) to start off a week of work/fun with my best friend. 6 days later it feels like everything and nothing has gotten done. I guess that’s what happens when work feels like play.
Mostly I’m just feeling totally blessed to have found my people in Minnesota. If you had asked me 5 years ago what I thought about my boyfriend and best friend being from Minnesota, I would have laughed in your face. This Canadian could barely point out Minnesota on a map, although I’ve quickly discovered that Minnesotans are a lot like Canadians. Maybe that’s why I have so many of them in my life?
Life can be complicated and messy and present some epic challenges at points, but it can also lead to some amazing relationships. And even though those friendships may be separated by 961 miles (yes, I calculated) they are worth it.Print
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 blondies
- 2 cups gluten-free flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (get my DIY version here!)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and pumpkin spice.
- Add in coconut palm sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, almond milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
- Add batter to baking pan and spread out using a spatula, making sure top is even.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into 12 blondies and removing from pan to cool completely.
- Will keep in an airtight container on counter for up to 5 days.
*I used the gluten-free flour blend from my Healthy Breakfast eCookbook. **I used Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips.
Want a damn delicious apple version of these? Check out my fav Fit Foodie’s adaptation!
Are you in a long distance friendship? Ever been to Minneapolis?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!