We all need a reboot every now and then so why not kickstart your clean eating this season with this Fall Detox Vegetable Soup? Made with 9 different vegetables, this soup will help you glow inside and out!
If you want a good laugh, check out the comments on my Vegetable Detox Soup. Admittedly, I should not be laughing because I’m pretty sure the comments were written in full-seriousness, but I don’t take myself too seriously so judge all you want for me being “that girl”.
While I truly wish I could fulfill your dream of knowing the calorie count on VEGETABLE SOUP, I honestly believe there are more important things in the world than knowing the total energy value on a soup made up entirely of plants. As for the comment on how much soup you need to eat to feel the full detoxing effects? The correct answer would be 9 times a day.
I have no idea how much vegetable soup you need to “feel detoxed”. In fact I don’t think anyone could truly define what detoxing really means. But in my world it’s pumping your body full of natural food from the earth. If juicing does it for you, dream big my friends but I prefer to eat my food so when I feel like I need a good detox, I turn to soup.
By now you all know that I love my wine and am not opposed to indulging or relaxing when life throws you curveballs, but that doesn’t mean that after a couple days of YOLOing I don’t feel sluggish or puffy. It’s in these cases that I turn to soup. Though I do stand by the occasional green juice!
I was thrilled when the Detox Vegetable Soup I posted in January was such a huge hit! Yes, it came with some weird-ass questions but it’s also become one of my more popular posts. I consider soup to be the underdog to salad so I am always pretty stoked when you guys jump on board the soup train with me.
I’ve been waiting for the moment that the temperature started to dip so I could make a fall version of this soup. Some might say it’s a cop-out but this version uses totally different veggies but is equally as delicious. I love that it’s full of seasonal ingredients and is a comforting bowl of happiness.
As for it’s detoxing effects? I HAVE NO IDEA! Will it transform your body overnight? Probably not. But it’s packed-full of veggies, including NINE different varieties. If that doesn’t make you feel awesome, I don’t know what will!
Stay calm and detox on.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet potato (about 2 cups), chopped
- 2 cups peeled butternut squash, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or a mixture of dried parsley, basil, oregano etc..)
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 T freshly chopped parsley
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potato, butternut squash,and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with cabbage, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!