bars breakfast gluten-free snacks vegan

{VIDEO} Peanut Butter Granola Bars

January 20, 2016

Snacking made easy with these Peanut Butter Granola Bars! Just 6 ingredients is all you need to have a healthy and delicious snack for your busy lifestyle. They’re gluten-free and vegan too!

Snacking made easy with these Peanut Butter Granola Bars! Just 6 ingredients is all you need to have a healthy and delicious snack for your busy lifestyle. They're gluten-free and vegan too!Part of being in a position of influence requires juggling many many roles at once. There is an expectation to uphold that the image I promote online be something that I live and breathe all day, everyday. While, I do believe there is some truth to this, any influencer will admit that it’s impossible to truly live up to your internet self.

I certainly make no secret that I deal with my own set of struggles, but I also try and share pictures, words, and energy that makes you feel a little bit happier or motivated, rather than down and out as so many of us often feel.

It’s hard trying to balance it all; the encouragement, the optimism, the never-ending to-do list. I am certainly aware of how lucky I am to be in this position, but if it looks easy, I’m here to tell you it isn’t.

Snacking made easy with these Peanut Butter Granola Bars! Just 6 ingredients is all you need to have a healthy and delicious snack for your busy lifestyle. They're gluten-free and vegan too!I am the in-house chef, recipe-tester, dish-washer, post-writer, picture-editor, video-editor, boss, co-worker, girlfriend, daughter, friend, sister. Some people’s roles are triple mine and to them I say KUDOS. You are amazing. But I’ll admit that trying to be all of these things is really really hard.

Something I suck at is asking for help. Hiring Jess was a step way outside my comfort zone, but now I don’t know how I’d survive without her. It’s been an amazing learning lesson of the power of saying yes to help and something that I hope to get better at in 2016.

Take this video for example. I would NEVER been able to do this without Jess! Neither of us have any idea what we’re doing but somehow we’ve turned ourselves into a videography team.

Feel free to check out our masterpiece below 🙂

There are certain things that I’m going to need to learn to either let-go of or outsource this year. Yup, this gives me serious anxiety. But I’m going to feel my fears and do it anyway. Aka if anyone is or knows a good video editor, send them my way haha.

But one thing I won’t be outsourcing is my granola bar skills. These are my go-to granola bars and are a perfect freezer-stuffer for those weeks when sh*t hits the fan and you need a healthy snack STAT. Or you know, when you have 80000000 roles and just can’t make em’ all happen…especially not at once!

I’m learning to let go and ease up, but worse comes to worse, there’s always peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

PREP TIME 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins

• 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)*
  • 1 cup rolled oats*
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 2 T ground flax
  • 1/2 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1-2 T water (as needed)
  • optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment or spray/grease with coconut oil.
  3. In a large bowl add the oat flour, rolled oats, sea salt and ground flax.
  4. Top with peanut butter and maple syrup.
  5. The batter should be slightly sticky, but not wet. Add water as needed to get to right consistency (see video for tips!).
  6. Add in chocolate chips, if using.
  7. Spread out batter in baking pan using wet hands. Pack in tightly and ensure top is flat.
  8. Bake for 18-20 mins or until edges are slightly brown.
  9. Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from pan and cutting in 12 bars.
  10. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days on countertop or freeze for several months.

Notes

*Use gluten-free if necessary

Snacking made easy with these Peanut Butter Granola Bars! Just 6 ingredients is all you need to have a healthy and delicious snack for your busy lifestyle. They're gluten-free and vegan too!Do you struggle with trying to fulfill all your roles and obligations? Any tips for letting go and delegating?

Alysia at Slim Sanity
    January 20, 2016 at 7:11 am

Totally know the feeling of not wanting to let go of responsibilities! Just gotta make sure to find someone you trust, then it’ll be much less stressful 🙂

She Rocks Fitness
      January 20, 2016 at 9:16 am

100% agree with Alysia…It is so hard to do, but I believe it is all about finding someone who you TRUST! But then again, finding someone you trust though is hard too. Gosh that wasn’t really helpful advice! On a side note, this recipe would be AMAZING with some Nuttzo! XOXO
      She Rocks Fitness recently posted…What The Single Woman Buys At Costco Part V

The Healthy Maven
        January 20, 2016 at 2:38 pm

OMG yes it would be! Can you believe I still haven’t tried Nutzo?! I need to change that! Also I ditto everything you and Alysia said. It’s hard to find someone you trust. So lucky to have found Jess who I literally trust with my life 🙂

Bethany @ Athletic Avocado
    January 20, 2016 at 8:57 am

Woah you got a lot on your plate girl! Thank God you have great granola bar making skills and can whip up a batch in an instinct to help you relax a little bit! Those Peanut Butter granola bars are perfection !
    Bethany @ Athletic Avocado recently posted…Jelly Donut Mug Cake {Paleo, GF + Vegan option}

The Healthy Maven
      January 20, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Thanks, lovely! It is a lot but fortunately I love it all. Having too much to do because you love it certainly isn’t the worst problem to have 😉

January 20, 2016 at 11:46 am

I absolutely love this idea! Granola bars used to be my favorite treat, and I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate chips! 😀
    Cassie recently posted…Tuesday Thoughts: Guru Gossip, Confessions, and Other “Trash” Sites

GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth
    January 20, 2016 at 9:42 pm

I totally hear you, girl. I’m still in the process of getting my second blog up and running and I finally had to let go of wanting to do everything myself and hire a logo designer. I know that if I want to make everything I have going on actually work, I’m going ot need to outsource a lot of the ‘busy’ work or at least get better at organization. But it’s still a work in progress.

p.s. this bars look bomb and I’ll be trying them soon!
    GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth recently posted…5 super simple ways to replace butter when baking

Lauren
    January 20, 2016 at 11:05 pm

I love your videos and that wonderful rendition of genie in a bottle 😉
    I think you would be a lot of fun to hang around with in real life!
    Man I wish I could eat oats right now… Hopefully when my guts singing I can get those bad boys back in my life!
    And YES to struggling with all the roles, just gotta keep doing our best. And as for delegating… Let it goooo, let it gooooo! You will be able to pick the right people to work for you so trust that they will know you and what you would want/do 🙂
    Lauren recently posted…5 Ways I Am Going To Try and Strengthen My Intuition

The Healthy Maven
      January 21, 2016 at 8:51 am

Jess has actually sung a great Elsa impression for me when I can’t let things go haha. She’s quite the lady! Also yes to hanging out in real life! We’ll make it happen one day 🙂

Les @ The Balanced Berry
    January 21, 2016 at 1:43 am

I totally understand where you’re coming from. It is definitely challenging to have so many roles and to want to do well at all of them! I wouldn’t don’t necessarily have advice since it is something I struggle with too, but kudos for stepping outside your comfort zone and letting in help!

And GIRL. These bars have all of my favorite foods in them. They are speaking to my soul.
    Les @ The Balanced Berry recently posted…Broiled Grapefruit

Patricia @Sweet and Strong
    January 21, 2016 at 6:50 am

It can definitely be difficult to balance all of your roles and give up some control. But that’s so amazing you found someone you trust and work well with. I’m very similar when it comes to house chores and cooking, I would rather do it all, but sometimes I’m so exhausted I need to ask my husband for help.
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Current Thoughts and Favorites #2

The Healthy Maven
      January 22, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I’m like that with the BF. I feel like I hold it in and try to do it all myself and then I explode! I need to get better at asking him for help 🙂

Jenn
    January 27, 2016 at 10:21 am

I made these over the weekend and they turned out great! I cut them into smaller squares to stash for a quick snack. Also great before a workout. Good recipe! Will be making again!

Erin Kurt
    February 3, 2016 at 7:55 am

Hi Davida! I made these today and I am in LOVE! Perfect combo. I was wondering how thick your granola bars were as my batter didn’t even fit the whole 8 x 8 pan – tips?

February 3, 2016 at 8:24 am

So happy you enjoyed them! Mine are about the same size or maybe a tiny bit thicker than standard granola bars you find in the store. I’ve never had mine overflow but perhaps your pan isn’t as thick and that’s why? Glad they turned out and you enjoyed them!

Anthony
    March 16, 2016 at 12:31 am

This is so delicious and not really hard to make, my boy loves peanut butter so much and I will try to make this for his breakfast. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe!

Kat
    August 24, 2016 at 5:32 am

What the carb sugar and cal

Lizzie James
    December 23, 2016 at 9:27 pm

I made these and absolutely love them but do you know the macros for these?

dibster
    February 15, 2017 at 10:31 am

Hi
    Made these yesterday – on dry side, any thoughts on why and suggestions for when I try again ?
    Thanks