Snacking made easy with these Peanut Butter Granola Bars! Just 6 ingredients is all you need to have a healthy and delicious snack for your busy lifestyle. They’re gluten-free and vegan too!
I am all about ease these days. Yes meals (and snacks) have to be delicious but most importantly they have to be quick and easy!
These granola bars are the perfect quick and easy snack to whip up so you have healthy snacks all week long. They’re made with just a few key ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry!
Here’s What You Need
- oat flour – make your own by grinding rolled oats in a food processor or buy pre-ground oat flour. Make sure you grab gluten-free if needed.
- rolled oats – again, grab gluten-free oats if needed!
- sea salt – to bring all of the flavors together.
- ground flax – helps bind the bars together and adds healthy fat and fiber.
- peanut butter – use smooth, natural peanut butter. Ideally the only ingredient is peanuts!
- pure maple syrup – the perfect natural sweetener for these granola bars.
- water – as needed to get the batter to the right consistency.
- chocolate chips – optional but I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate! I recommend using Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips.
How to Make Peanut Butter Granola Bars
STEP 1: In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, rolled oats, sea salt and ground flax.
STEP 2: Top with peanut butter and maple syrup and stir to combine. The batter should be sticky but not wet – add water as needed to get the right consistency.
STEP 3: Add in the chocolate chips if using.
STEP 4: Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil. Spread the batter in the pan using wet hands. Pack the batter in tightly and try to make the top as flat as possible.
STEP 5: Bake at 350ºF for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into 12 bars.
How to Store Leftover Granola Bars
These bars store really well! Allow them to cool completely and then store in an airtight container. They will last up to 4 days on the countertop or can be frozen for several months for longer storage.Print
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)*
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 T ground flax
- 1/2 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1–2 T water (as needed)
- optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips)
*Use gluten-free if necessary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment or spray/grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl add the oat flour, rolled oats, sea salt and ground flax.
- Top with peanut butter and maple syrup.
- The batter should be slightly sticky, but not wet. Add water as needed to get to right consistency (see video for tips!).
- Add in chocolate chips, if using.
- Spread out batter in baking pan using wet hands. Pack in tightly and ensure top is flat.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until edges are slightly brown.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from pan and cutting in 12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days on countertop or freeze for several months.
Like this post? Here are more recipes you might enjoy:
- Matcha Protein Energy Bars
- Chocolate Cherry Granola
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Bars
- Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Cinnamon Roll Protein Bars
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!