Snacking made easy with these Peanut Butter Granola Bars! Just 6 ingredients is all you need to have a healthy and delicious snack for your busy lifestyle. They’re gluten-free and vegan too!
Part of being in a position of influence requires juggling many many roles at once. There is an expectation to uphold that the image I promote online be something that I live and breathe all day, everyday. While, I do believe there is some truth to this, any influencer will admit that it’s impossible to truly live up to your internet self.
I certainly make no secret that I deal with my own set of struggles, but I also try and share pictures, words, and energy that makes you feel a little bit happier or motivated, rather than down and out as so many of us often feel.
It’s hard trying to balance it all; the encouragement, the optimism, the never-ending to-do list. I am certainly aware of how lucky I am to be in this position, but if it looks easy, I’m here to tell you it isn’t.
RELATED: Matcha Protein Energy Bars
I am the in-house chef, recipe-tester, dish-washer, post-writer, picture-editor, video-editor, boss, co-worker, girlfriend, daughter, friend, sister. Some people’s roles are triple mine and to them I say KUDOS. You are amazing. But I’ll admit that trying to be all of these things is really really hard.
Something I suck at is asking for help. Hiring Jess was a step way outside my comfort zone, but now I don’t know how I’d survive without her. It’s been an amazing learning lesson of the power of saying yes to help and something that I hope to get better at in 2016.
Take this video for example. I would NEVER been able to do this without Jess! Neither of us have any idea what we’re doing but somehow we’ve turned ourselves into a videography team.
Feel free to check out our masterpiece below 🙂
But one thing I won’t be outsourcing is my granola bar skills. These are my go-to granola bars and are a perfect freezer-stuffer for those weeks when sh*t hits the fan and you need a healthy snack STAT. Or you know, when you have 80000000 roles and just can’t make em’ all happen…especially not at once!
I’m learning to let go and ease up, but worse comes to worse, there’s always peanut butter.Print
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)*
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 T ground flax
- 1/2 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1–2 T water (as needed)
- optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips)
*Use gluten-free if necessary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment or spray/grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl add the oat flour, rolled oats, sea salt and ground flax.
- Top with peanut butter and maple syrup.
- The batter should be slightly sticky, but not wet. Add water as needed to get to right consistency (see video for tips!).
- Add in chocolate chips, if using.
- Spread out batter in baking pan using wet hands. Pack in tightly and ensure top is flat.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until edges are slightly brown.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from pan and cutting in 12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days on countertop or freeze for several months.
Do you struggle with trying to fulfill all your roles and obligations? Any tips for letting go and delegating?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!