All you need are two ingredients (apples and cinnamon) and your slow cooker to make this super easy and sugar-free slow cooker applesauce recipe! Perfect for Fall snacking or to use in baked goods!
I’ll never forget my first kitchen gadget. My Mom bought me a slow cooker while I was living in NYC and it literally changed my life. Suddenly I could cook food while I was at work and make all of the slow cooker recipes I was seeing over on my favorite blogs. I pretty much haven’t stopped using it since it was gifted to me.
This post is pretty much a testament to the fact that there is almost nothing you can’t make in a slow cooker. It’s a powerhouse tool that I can say with certainty is a worthy investment. If you don’t have one, this post will convince you to buy one. And if you don’t have the budget right now (think $30-$50…not bad!), then you’re in luck! Hamilton Beach is sponsoring a giveaway for SIX slow cookers. BOOYAH. Now begin salivating…
Lexi from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen made the easiest weeknight dinner! Packed with delicious flavors, this slow-cooked roasted whole chicken is so easy to throw together, and makes for the perfect meal! Pair it with veggies, salad, or anything you’d like and you are ready to go!
1.Slow Roasted Whole Chicken from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
2. Crock-pot Honey Sriracha Chicken from Fit Foodie Finds
3. Slow Cooker Fajita Soup from Eating Bird Food
4. Short Rib Ragu from Running to the Kitchen
5. Slow Cooker Roast Beef from Food Faith Fitness
Now onto my slow cooker applesauce recipe! I love this recipe for several reasons:
1) It’s as hands-off as you want it to be! If you just want to chop the apples and then throw them in the slow cooker, skins on and everything you can do that. If you like it chunky, no need to blend! So basically all you really need is a slow cooker and some apples.
2) It’s highly customizable. I like cinnamon because life deserves to be coated in cinnamon but I love a good dash of nutmeg too. You could get a bit crazy and throw some apple pie spice in there are some maple syrup for a maple-flavor. Dream big, my friends!
Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4 servings
- 9 medium apples (I used McIntosh), peeled if desired, and chopped*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- optional: pinch of nutmeg or other spices
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- If you prefer your applesauce chunky, leave as is and store in the refrigerator.
- If you left skins on or prefer smooth applesauce, blend with an immersion blender or regular blender in batches.
*I like keeping the skins on for added fiber and nutrition but typically blend them in at the end. If you don’t have a blender, I’d recommend peeling the apples.
What was your first kitchen gadget investment? What are some of your favorite slow cooker recipes?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!