Kick your sauce game up a notch with the best tahini sauce recipe! This creamy sauce can be used as a salad dressing, dip or topping on your bowl recipes. This authentic Middle Eastern recipe can be enjoyed with just about everything.
The Best Tahini Sauce!
Move over hummus, this is the best tahini sauce recipe! Could you eat this as a dip? Absolutely! But I love topping this tahini sauce on just about everything. From grain bowls to salads to roast chicken. This lemon tahini sauce recipe could not come together any easier and I promise you will love it. It’s also gluten-free and vegan too.
Ingredients in this Tahini Sauce Recipe
- Tahini – Tahini is just ground sesame seeds. Be sure to use high quality tahini. I love this brand and this brand.
- Minced Garlic – it tastes best when you use fresh garlic clove.
- Lemon Juice – ideally use fresh lemon juice from whole lemon fruit for the best flavors.
- Sea Salt – feel free to reduce if concerned about sodium content
- Water – cold water to help get the right consistency
How to Make Creamy Tahini Sauce
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. Simply combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together. You will add water until your ideal mixture is reached.
Top onto one of the recipe suggestions below or add any ingredients in the following recipe variations.
Tahini Sauce Recipe Variations
There are so many potential twists on this tahini sauce recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Top with fresh herbs – got some parsley or cilantro on hand? Sprinkle them right on top!
- Blend in fresh herbs – want a punchier herby taste? Blend in a handful of fresh herbs into your food processor or blender. Mint and chives are always a good idea!
- Pinch of spice – add dried spices like ground cumin or spice blends like za’atar
- Kick up the heat – add 1/2-1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or just a pinch cayenne pepper) or blend in a jalapeno
- Sweet meets savory – add 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey for a little sweet addition
- Harissa meets Tahini sauce – add 1-2 tablespoons of harissa for a blend of Middle Eastern flavors
What to Serve with Tahini Sauce
Here are some of my favorite recipes using homemade tahini sauce!
- Baked Falafel Bowl
- Roasted Vegetables with Tahini and Za’atar (or any roasted veggies!)
- Kale Tahini Salad (or replacement for any salad dressing!)
- Homemade Pita Chips (or store-bought pita bread)
- Homemade buddha bowl with tahini sauce
- Drizzle on your shakshuka or morning eggs
This recipe also makes for a delicious lemon tahini dressing on any salad!
This tahini sauce recipe will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. Store in a mason jar or other airtight container.
More Simple Sauce Recipes You’ll LovePrint
Tahini Sauce Recipe
Kick your sauce game up a notch with the best tahini sauce recipe! This creamy sauce can be used as a salad dressing, dip or topping on your bowl recipes. You really can’t go wrong enjoying it with every meal!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice, 1 large lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1–3 tbsp water (or until desired consistency is reached)
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Start by adding water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy immediately on desired recipe (or as a dip!) or store in the fridge in a jar or airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: tahini sauce recipe, tahini sauce
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!