dessert gluten-free paleo popsicles/ice cream summer vegan

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve

June 23, 2015

Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream. It’s made with just 3 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes! It’s also gluten-free, vegan and paleo. Ice cream just got a healthy makeover!

Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream. It's made with just 3 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes! It's also gluten-free, vegan and paleo. Ice cream just got a healthy makeover!Sometimes I miss my pre-blogger days. I miss having time to read blogs, not feel a compulsive need to document everything and have a bit more perspective on reality.

I am so immersed in the blog world these days that I forget that not every person knows what chia seeds are, let alone has them with breakfast every morning. Being the maven that I am I can have an attitude about my foodie know-how (working on that…) and sometimes I wish I could be your average blog reader who just discovered the glory that is banana soft serve.

P.S. None of you are average. You’re all EXTRAORDINARY.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream. It's made with just 3 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes! It's also gluten-free, vegan and paleo. Ice cream just got a healthy makeover!From the blogger’s perspective, it would also be a huge benefit to me to remember what I was looking for before I started to do this full-time. However, it’s also a double-edged sword.

Knowing what you want to see is obviously ideal for both my incessant need to please you and also for my business. At the same time, being too aware of my readership can totally kill my creativity. And without creativity this place would die a slow, sad death.

Sometimes I’ll make a recipe that I love and it’s a total flop (apparently you all hate mussels…) and other times I’ll completely question if anyone would enjoy a recipe and it goes viral.

The only thing I know with certainty is that you all loveeeee peanut butter + chocolate!

Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream. It's made with just 3 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes! It's also gluten-free, vegan and paleo. Ice cream just got a healthy makeover!Lee and I always joke that if we wanted to start a blog that was an overnight sensation it would be exclusively peanut butter + chocolate recipes. Without fail these recipes go viral. And for good reason. Who doesn’t love the epic combo that is PB + Choc?!

I may not be able to go back to my pre-blogger days but at least I have insanely delicious recipes like these laying around my house. I can wallow my sorrows in peanut butter chocolate banana soft serve and that’s perfectly okay with me.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve

Cook Time 5 mins
Serves 3 people     adjust servings

• 3 large ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
  • 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 T natural peanut butter

1. Add bananas, cocoa powder and 2 T of peanut butter to a food processor.
  2. Process until ice cream consistency is reached. You may need to scrape down the sides occasionally but this should only take 1-3 minutes.
  3. Stir in 1 other tablespoon of peanut butter to create "chunks".
  4. Eat immediately or store in freezer until ready to eat and scoop out like ice cream.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream. It's made with just 3 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes! It's also gluten-free, vegan and paleo. Ice cream just got a healthy makeover!Like this recipe? Check out these posts for more healthy summer treats!

Cookies and Cream Banana Soft Serve
Cookies and Cream Banana Soft Serve - a healthy dairy-free treat without the extra serving of guilt! // thehealthymaven.com #glutenfree #dairyfree #icecream #paleo #vegan
Raspberry Swirl Banana Soft Serve

RASPBERRY-SOFT-SERVE
Vegan Cookie Dough Banana Soft Serve

soft-serve

Bloggers, do you ever wish you could go back to your pre-blogger days? Readers, have you ever wanted to become a blogger?

June @ How to Philosophize with Cake
    June 23, 2015 at 7:20 am

Ah yes–I used to have banana soft serve a lot when I first discovered it! Definitely something I should break out again… 🙂
    June @ How to Philosophize with Cake recently posted…Vegan strawberry coffee cake scones

Lee
    June 23, 2015 at 8:50 am

PB + Chocolate is the golden ticket. 😛
    Lee recently posted…Thai Basil Veggie Stir Fry

Ashley
    June 23, 2015 at 9:45 am

… As I sit here reading this, eating my chia seed pudding for mid-am snack 🙂 lol.
    Even though I literally JUST launched my blog last week, I can already relate to this post. While I have been making up recipes and enjoyed sharing them with friends for the past couple years, it is totally different sharing them via blog. I forget that when having a real-time convo with non-blogging peeps, or non-foodies, sometimes they don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. And then you start to feel silly, even though you know in your heart chia seeds and matcha are da bomb! 😉
    Ashley recently posted…HIIT Tuesday- No Weights Circuit

June 23, 2015 at 11:21 am

Looks like crack in a bowl to me! NOM!
    Cassie recently posted…Fed Up Review

Cassie @ Almost Getting it Together
    June 23, 2015 at 11:59 am

I love you. I feel like we have so much to catch up on. This post resonates so much with just… life. And I always love mussels. You can cook them for me anytime. xoxo
    Cassie @ Almost Getting it Together recently posted…Vegan Berry Almond Chia Pudding [Gluten Free, Paleo]

Alexa [fooduzzi.com]
    June 23, 2015 at 12:43 pm

This looks delicious! I’m in a chocolate peanut butter mood, too – In fact, I’ve dubbed this week Fooduzzi’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Week! There’s nothing better than this duo 🙂
    Alexa [fooduzzi.com] recently posted…Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn

Casey @ Casey the College Celiac
    June 23, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I feel like most bloggers can map our their lives BB and AB – before blog and after blog. Blogging brings amazing changes, connections and a sense of accomplishment and worth. But, it does have its difficulties too. None that can’t be drowned out in a delicious nana ice cream sundae of course! My favorite is to add blueberries – for some reason, they’re my favorite frozen fruit to blend! YUM!
    Casey @ Casey the College Celiac recently posted…Not Afraid to Get Dirty

Lauren
    June 24, 2015 at 1:40 am

I am 100% making this soon. I have been craving bananery kind of soft serve for a while now. So good it only has a few ingredients in as well 🙂
    Lauren recently posted…Keeping It Real

Danielle @ Little Mama Big Life
    June 24, 2015 at 6:18 am

Ok lady, its like you read my mind! I was just looking for a good recipe to use up some browning bananas! Totally trying this!
    Danielle @ Little Mama Big Life recently posted…Food is Memories

Les | Balanced Berry
    June 24, 2015 at 1:02 pm

The funny thing is, I still don’t consider myself a “blogger.” While I’ve had my blog for almost a year, I still haven’t quite been able to dedicate the time and resources into it that I wish I could to really feel established. So in a lot of ways I still feel like I’m reading blogs from an outside perspective. That said, I totally remember seeing banana soft serve for the first time on Oh She Glows and thinking it was literally magic! I suppose in a way, it is.

And if you and Lee ever do decide to start a PB and chocolate blog, I wholeheartedly support that decision!
    Les | Balanced Berry recently posted…Cookie Dough Overnight Oats

Luv What You Do
    June 24, 2015 at 10:22 pm

That looks like the PERFECT texture. YUMMY!
    Luv What You Do recently posted…Back

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    June 25, 2015 at 8:10 am

Lol, can you believe I never had banana soft serve? I know, shocking! *gasps* 😉 But this looks so good I’ll have to try it asap! At times I eat frozen banana slices but never thought of making a soft chocolate ice cream with it, don’t know why when it looks so delicious I want to eat it by the spoonful!

ps. and yes I wholeheartedly support your and Lee’s idea to start a chocolate+PB recipe blog it would be a smash! 😉
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    June 25, 2015 at 3:16 pm

I feel the need to share this everywhere, just so it can add to the popularness of this deliciousness — as you expect ahhaha. Because yes, who doesn’t love all of the things mixed together? What a simple and easy treat! Thanks for sharing, Davida! 🙂
    Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…My five favorite free photo apps and websites

Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks
    June 25, 2015 at 7:13 pm

PB and chocolate – it’s foolproof! I had some version of pb and chocolate for breakfast this morning 😉

Friday Favorites: 6/26 - Little Mama Big Life
    June 26, 2015 at 5:11 am

[…] Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Soft Serve via the Healthy Maven.  She had me at chocolate and peanut butter.  The big little man is a big fan too! […]

June 26, 2015 at 4:43 pm

It’s true, it’s pretty much a guarantee that I’ll like anything with PB + banana, let alone when chocolate is involved too! I love making banana soft serve and actually was planning on making banana blueberry soft serve for lunch in a bit 🙂
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Easy, Creamy Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie

Mary Frances
    June 27, 2015 at 1:52 pm

You and Lee are genius. The world cannot handle yall together, good gosh.
    And my lanta, lemme face plant in this soft serve! I <3 how simple this is, and yet so rich and decadent!
    Yes, I have wanted to go back to where I could bake without thinking about photographs and commenting all.the.time but it's worth it. You make an awesome healthy maven btw, keep telling me about chia seeds 🙂
    Mary Frances recently posted…Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

Kathleen @ Yummy Crumble
    July 11, 2015 at 10:32 am

I totally need this in my life. I love that it’s only three ingredients, and hello…peanut butter, chocolate and banana.

Christina Aleman
    July 23, 2016 at 10:42 am

Thanks for posting this very interesting recipe.
    Christina Aleman recently posted…Selrico in San Diego

FLORI
    August 21, 2017 at 12:10 am

This recipe is a JOKE. It tastes NOTHING like ice cream.

If you are for even one second thinking this is good, you are pathological insane.

It’s not ice cream. It’s not good. Get a life stupid vegans and stop lying to yourselves thinking you are good food.