This lemon artichoke baked salmon couldn’t be easier to make! Make a simple marinade and then bake the salmon in the marinade for a flavorful, healthy dinner.
I have been on a major salmon kick lately! I’ve been trying to make it once a week in our household and I was recently reminded of this super simple recipe!
It looks like a gourmet meal but couldn’t be simpler to make. Serve with a side of rice and you’ve got dinner in no time at all!
Here’s What You Need
- salmon – if you can find and afford it, wild salmon is the best option. Having said that, all salmon is beneficial to include in your diet to eat what you can!
- olive oil – the base of the marinade. You could also use avocado oil.
- lemon juice – I recommend fresh squeezed lemon juice as opposed to lemon juice from a bottle.
- white wine vinegar – the perfect acidic pairing to this dish!
- green onions – we’ll cooking the salmon with the white parts of the onion. Feel free to serve with the green parts!
- garlic – a savory flavor base.
- artichoke hearts – I used canned artichoke hearts that have been stored in water.
- salt and pepper – to bring all of the flavors together.
How to Make Baked Salmon
STEP 1: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon and vinegar. Add in the onions, garlic and artichokes. Stir to combine.
STEP 2: Place two pieces of salmon in a shallow bowl or pan and top with the artichoke mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
STEP 3: After marinating, bake the salmon (along with the marinade) at 375ºF for about 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.Print
Lemon Artichoke Baked Salmon
- Total Time: 1 hour 1 minutes
- 2 large pieces of salmon
- 1 T olive oil
- juice, 1 lemon
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, whites chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 artichoke hearts, chopped (I use canned, in water)
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, lemon, and vinegar.
- Add in onions, garlic and artichokes.
- Place two pieces of salmon in a shallow bowl or pan and top with mixture. Top with salt and pepper.
- Marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place salmon and marinade into a baking dish and bake for 15 mins or until inside is no longer pink (mine took 15, yours may take less or more depending on size of salmon).
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 2
Like this post? Here are more salmon recipes to try:
- Honey Mustard Grilled Salmon
- Fresh Salmon Burgers
- Baked Chimichurri Salmon
- Easy Hoisin Garlic Salmon
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!