A light and refreshing salad recipe for Spring or Summer, this Lemon Herb Spiralized Zucchini Salad will become a seasonal classic. Full of fibre, and veggies and ready in 10 minutes or less!
Why Use Zucchini Noodles?
Zucchini Noodles have become a great low carb alternative to traditional noodle and grain-based pasta salad or salad recipes.
Ingredients in Zucchini Noodle Salad:
- Zucchini – the star of the show! Grab fresh zucchinis to spiralize for this salad.
- Celery -for some crunch
- Fresh herbs – basil and mint give this zucchini noodle salad a fresh, summery taste!
- Lemon zest and Lemon juice – Using both zest and juice really gives this salad so much flavor.
- Olive oil – I like to use extra virgin olive oil
- Seasonings and Spices – ground cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper. Feel free to reduce salt if watching sodium levels.
How to Make Spiralized Zucchini Salad
The easiest way to make zucchini noodles is with a spiralizer. It’s a small investment and so fun to play with! I feel like it went through a phase in the health world and hasn’t gotten much attention lately but I still love mine!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler or mandoline to make ribbon-like slices of noodles or a food grater to make smaller strings. The noodles don’t turn out as “pretty” as they do if you make them with a spiralizer but all methods work!
Easy Swaps + Add-Ins
What I love about this spiralized zucchini salad is that it can easily be customized! Here are some ideas:
- Make it Italian – Add fresh tomatoes and mince a clove garlic for an Italian flavored raw zucchini salad.
- Make it Greek – add olives, feta cheese, red onion and oregano for a Greek twist on zucchini salad.
This spiralized zucchini salad tastes best fresh but can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do find the zucchini tends to sweat out some of its water content so it will get a bit watery. Just be sure to strain off any extra water to prevent noodles from getting soggy.
What to Serve With Zucchini Noodle Salad
To make this a full meal, simply serve with your favorite protein. I think it would be delicious with these lemon pepper chickpeas but if you want a more filling meal, serve with any of these:
- Cashew Crusted Chicken Fingers
- Orange Coconut Baked Tofu
- Fresh Salmon Burgers
- Perfect Stove Top Chicken
- Baked Chimichurri Salmon
Lemon Herb Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 servings 1x
- 3 large zucchinis (or summer squash), spiralized or julienned
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize the zucchinis into noodles*
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, toss to coat, and serve.
*I use the inspiralizer to spiralize my vegetables!
Like this recipe? Here are other simple salads you might enjoy:
- Watermelon, Feta and Mint Quinoa Salad
- Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Spring Bulgur Wheat Salad
- Cucumber Noodle Salad
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!