A light and refreshing salad recipe for Spring or Summer, this Lemon Herb Spiral Zucchini Noodle Salad will become a seasonal classic. Full of fibre, and veggies and ready in 10 minutes or less!
Before I ever began on this journey of blog writing, I was a dedicated blog reader. Before the days of Bloglovin, there was Google Reader (RIP…) and my Google Reader was packed to the brim with all kinds of blogs! From food, to fashion, to health, my days always started with the TODAY show and my daily blog reading ritual. Some people read the paper, I read blogs.
One of the first blogs I read on the daily was my friend Amie’s, The Healthy Apple. I have always been blown away by Amie’s courage, strength and honesty when it came to her journey and helping others through their journeys. When she reached out asking if I’d like a copy of her cookbook, Eating Clean I obviously jumped at the opportunity. Not only do I get to support a friend as she’s tackled an unbelievably time-intensive project, but also share a delicious recipe with you. I could never have anticipated that I’d get more than just healthy and flavorful recipes from Eating Clean!
Amie shares how she’s completely revamped her lifestyle to treat several illnesses including PCOS, Lyme disease and IGA deficiency, among others. But beyond just her tips and healthful recipes for illness treatment, she’s provided valuable information on illness prevention and simple tricks on balancing your hormones (a key to optimal health!), skin health and overall digestive function. I love how comprehensive this cookbook is!
And then there’s the recipes… They’re all delicious, nutritious, packed full of flavor and super simple! This Lemon Herb Spiral Zucchini Noodle Salad is ready in under 10 minutes and is so light and refreshing!
Here’s What You Need:
- vegetables – zucchini, celery, fresh basil and fresh mint.
- lemon zest and lemon juice
- olive oil
- seasonings and spices – ground cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper.
How to Make Spiral Zucchini Noodles
The easiest way to make zucchini noodles is with a spiralizer. It’s a small investment and so fun to play with! I feel like it went through a phase in the health world and hasn’t gotten much attention lately but I still love mine!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to make ribbon-like noodles or a food grater to make smaller strings. The noodles don’t turn out as “pretty” as they do if you make them with a spiralizer but all methods work!
What to Serve With This Lemon Herb Salad
To make this a full meal, simply serve with your favorite protein. I think it would be delicious with these lemon pepper chickpeas but if you want a more filling meal, serve with any of these:
- Cashew Crusted Chicken Fingers
- Orange Coconut Baked Tofu
- Fresh Salmon Burgers
- Perfect Stove Top Chicken
- Baked Chimichurri Salmon
Lemon Herb Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings 1x
- 3 large zucchinis (or summer squash), spiralized or julienned
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize the zucchinis into noodles*
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, toss to coat, and serve.
*I use the inspiralizer to spiralize my vegetables!
Like this recipe? Here are other simple salads you might enjoy:
- Watermelon, Feta and Mint Quinoa Salad
- Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Spring Bulgur Wheat Salad
- Cucumber Noodle Salad
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!