breakfast dessert gluten-free pudding snacks vegan

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding

June 13, 2019

This Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding makes a refreshing and healthy snack recipe made with fresh or frozen berries and sweetened with just a touch of honey! It also is a great dessert for one or for guests!

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding for a healthy breakfast or snack with refreshing raspberry and a lemon zest #chiapudding #vegan

My name is Davida and I am addicted to rewards cards.

I suppose there are worse problems in the world to have, but right now my reward card obsession is getting out of control. One card in particular has a genius marketing concept and I am pretty much their dream customer. Allow me to introduce you to my PC Plus Card aka my new best friend.

If you’re not familiar with it, the PC Plus Card is the reward card associated with the Canadian grocery store chain called Loblaws. When I moved, the closest grocery store to me became a massive Loblaws superstore. My friend Ellie who is my grocery guru convinced me that I needed a PC Plus card. For the record, it didn’t take much convincing.

The concept is simple. They track what kinds of groceries you buy and based on your purchases they “reward” you with points that can be earned on products you would normally buy the next time you shop. So for example if I buy a lot of apples (I do) then they will reward me with 200 points for every dollar on spend on apples the next time I shop. Basically it sucks you in to buying even more of things you may already have because you figure “hey I get points!”.

It actually has been particularly useful especially considering my excessive food spending and food hoarding tendencies. In fact in 6 short works I earned 20 000 points which equates to $20 worth of free groceries. Yes, I did a happy dance in front of the cashier as I stalked his screen for my total PC points number.

But this also means that my food hoarding has gone into overdrive. Remember when I bought 7 bags of frozen fruit because they were on sale? Well, guess what appeared in my PC Points offers? Frozen fruit! Since it meant 800 more points I came home with three more bags. Moral of the story is that you better expect lots of fruity recipes because I have enough frozen fruit to feed Kate Plus 8 and the Duggar family combined.

Healthy Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding made with fresh raspberry and a lemon zest zing #chiapudding #vegan

What is Chia Pudding?

Chia pudding is pretty much exactly as it sounds: a pudding made from chia seeds. In addition to being a great source of omegas, chia seeds are incredibly water absorbent and can absorb up to 5 times their weight in water. This also makes them a great source of fiber and can help get things moving along…if you know what I mean!

Chia pudding can be made many ways but using fresh or frozen raspberries adds an extra does of antioxidants and vitamin C from the fresh lemon. Honey is also one of my favorite ingredients and I love that it’s a source of natural sweetness with all kinds of nutritional benefits. Feel free to adjust the honey depending on preference.

Healthy Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding made with healthy ingredients that are vegan and gluten-free

How to Make Chia Pudding

Making chia pudding could not be more simple! Generally the rule of thumb is this: 2 cups of liquid to 1/2 cup of chia seeds. The rest is all customizations. For this Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding you will need:

• non-dairy milk
  • chia seeds
  • fresh lemon
  • vanilla extract
  • raspberries (fresh or frozen will work)
  • honey (or other sweetener)

Just stir together all ingredients in a jar or container, stir and let sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. That’s it! Let’s make some chia pudding…

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding

• Author: Davida Lederle
  • Prep Time: 2 minutes
  • Total Time: 8 hours
  • Yield: 2 servings 1x
  • Category: Breakfast
  • Method: No-Bake
  • Diet: Vegan
Scale

• 2 cups milk (I used lite coconut milk, but any kind of non-dairy milk will work)
  • 1/2 cup chia seeds
  • zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 tbsp honey (or agave or maple syrup if vegan + more if desired)

1. Combine all ingredients in a large, sealable container. Make sure all chia seeds are mixed in.
  2. Let sit overnight or for at least 8 hours.
  3. Serve cold with toppings of choice (I added additional raspberries and honey)

This Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding makes a refreshing and healthy snack recipe made with fresh or frozen berries and sweetened with just a touch of honey! It also is a great dessert for one or for guests!

Like this recipe? Here are a few others you might enjoy:

Mango Coconut Chia Pudding
Blackberry Green Tea Chia Pudding
Very Berry Chia Pudding

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    April 2, 2014 at 9:04 am

IT”S VEGAN!!!! I can’t wait to try it out 😛

April 2, 2014 at 9:08 am

about freaking time I posted a vegan recipe!!!! Love you xo

[email protected]
    April 2, 2014 at 1:34 am

I love fruit, either frozen or fresh so you keep those recipes coming.

I’m pretty sure my CSA has turned me into a food hoarder. I got so used to working with large volume I almost thrive on it now. Costco sure doesn’t help either because their potatoes come in a 20 pound bag, brown rice in a 12 pound bag and kale in a pound and a half bag. Of course, I bought them all. I suspect this week is going to be very cleansing for me.

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    April 1, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I’ve been craving chia puddings lately so this comes at a great time! I love lemon in just about anything so this is perfect 🙂

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    April 1, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I hoard Greek yogurt and nut butters like it’s my job. Three big containers of Greek yogurt is sparse in my house. And it’s just me eating it!

April 1, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Dude why don’t I have a PC Rewards Card yet? I’m pretty much a self professed Loblaws/Fortinos addict. I actually refuse to live in a city that doesn’t have one haha. I’m not so much of a food hoarder though – I hate having too much stuff in my pantry. The exception is Barney Butter because I have to order a case of it from the US several times a year. 😛

LOVE me some chia pudding though. This looks amazing and the pictures are gorgeous!

April 1, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Hehehe. Go on with your club carb savings woman!

I love fruit and have a mini heart attack when I run out of frozen strawberries. They’re such a staple in my fridge! Maybe I need to start hoarding them so that it never happens again…

April 1, 2014 at 3:38 pm

HaHa – I love that you are a food hoarder. But, it’s all for a good cause – to get more points and ultimately you are saving money by spending money so it’s a win!!!
    My grandma was a food hoarder – pretty much when you opened the pantry or fridge you had to jump back just in case stuff started falling out!!

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    April 1, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Oh my gooooodness!!! You have combined two of my favorite foods: lemon and of course, raspberries! I can’t wait to try this recipe!

Genevieve @ Gratitude & Greens
    April 1, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Oh my God, I have the worst food hoarding tendencies. And mad shopping habits. Totally get where you’re coming from… On another note, these chia puddings look amazing! And you’re right, there could be worst things than having a rewards card addiction. My rewards addictions usually involve book shops and health food stores…

Em @ Love A Latte
    April 1, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I go through phases with chia pudding, but I think I’d like this a ton because of the raspberries! I As far as food hoarding, I always like to make sure I have peanut butter and frozen broccoli in the house!!

Vicky and Ruth / May I Have That Recipe?
    April 1, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Davida, you are so funny loved this post and I am looking forward to seeing all your frozen fruit recipes specially if they are as healthy and great as this one. I just want to reach into my screen and grab one of those chia puddings!

April 1, 2014 at 1:28 pm

That’s a LEGIT rewards program. I love super targeted stuff like that (the marketing geek in me). I buy ALL THE FOODS. Mainly because my dad funds my grocery shopping. That reminds me he left a check for me whoops… ALSO WHY DON’T I HAVE RASPBERRIES RIGHT NOW ugh. I need to get avocados on the way home so… might need to get this. Also why is lemon juice so key with chia pudding??

1 2 3 4 5