breakfast dessert gluten-free pudding snacks vegan

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding

June 13, 2019

This Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding makes a refreshing and healthy snack recipe made with fresh or frozen berries and sweetened with just a touch of honey! It also is a great dessert for one or for guests!

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding for a healthy breakfast or snack with refreshing raspberry and a lemon zest #chiapudding #vegan

My name is Davida and I am addicted to rewards cards.

I suppose there are worse problems in the world to have, but right now my reward card obsession is getting out of control. One card in particular has a genius marketing concept and I am pretty much their dream customer. Allow me to introduce you to my PC Plus Card aka my new best friend.

If you’re not familiar with it, the PC Plus Card is the reward card associated with the Canadian grocery store chain called Loblaws. When I moved, the closest grocery store to me became a massive Loblaws superstore. My friend Ellie who is my grocery guru convinced me that I needed a PC Plus card. For the record, it didn’t take much convincing.

The concept is simple. They track what kinds of groceries you buy and based on your purchases they “reward” you with points that can be earned on products you would normally buy the next time you shop. So for example if I buy a lot of apples (I do) then they will reward me with 200 points for every dollar on spend on apples the next time I shop. Basically it sucks you in to buying even more of things you may already have because you figure “hey I get points!”.

It actually has been particularly useful especially considering my excessive food spending and food hoarding tendencies. In fact in 6 short works I earned 20 000 points which equates to $20 worth of free groceries. Yes, I did a happy dance in front of the cashier as I stalked his screen for my total PC points number.

But this also means that my food hoarding has gone into overdrive. Remember when I bought 7 bags of frozen fruit because they were on sale? Well, guess what appeared in my PC Points offers? Frozen fruit! Since it meant 800 more points I came home with three more bags. Moral of the story is that you better expect lots of fruity recipes because I have enough frozen fruit to feed Kate Plus 8 and the Duggar family combined.

Healthy Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding made with fresh raspberry and a lemon zest zing #chiapudding #vegan

What is Chia Pudding?

Chia pudding is pretty much exactly as it sounds: a pudding made from chia seeds. In addition to being a great source of omegas, chia seeds are incredibly water absorbent and can absorb up to 5 times their weight in water. This also makes them a great source of fiber and can help get things moving along…if you know what I mean!

Chia pudding can be made many ways but using fresh or frozen raspberries adds an extra does of antioxidants and vitamin C from the fresh lemon. Honey is also one of my favorite ingredients and I love that it’s a source of natural sweetness with all kinds of nutritional benefits. Feel free to adjust the honey depending on preference.

Healthy Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding made with healthy ingredients that are vegan and gluten-free

How to Make Chia Pudding

Making chia pudding could not be more simple! Generally the rule of thumb is this: 2 cups of liquid to 1/2 cup of chia seeds. The rest is all customizations. For this Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding you will need:

• non-dairy milk
  • chia seeds
  • fresh lemon
  • vanilla extract
  • raspberries (fresh or frozen will work)
  • honey (or other sweetener)

Just stir together all ingredients in a jar or container, stir and let sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. That’s it! Let’s make some chia pudding…

Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding

• Author: Davida Lederle
  • Prep Time: 2 minutes
  • Total Time: 8 hours
  • Yield: 2 servings 1x
  • Category: Breakfast
  • Method: No-Bake
  • Diet: Vegan
Scale

• 2 cups milk (I used lite coconut milk, but any kind of non-dairy milk will work)
  • 1/2 cup chia seeds
  • zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 tbsp honey (or agave or maple syrup if vegan + more if desired)

1. Combine all ingredients in a large, sealable container. Make sure all chia seeds are mixed in.
  2. Let sit overnight or for at least 8 hours.
  3. Serve cold with toppings of choice (I added additional raspberries and honey)

This Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding makes a refreshing and healthy snack recipe made with fresh or frozen berries and sweetened with just a touch of honey! It also is a great dessert for one or for guests!

Like this recipe? Here are a few others you might enjoy:

Mango Coconut Chia Pudding
Blackberry Green Tea Chia Pudding
Very Berry Chia Pudding

Daphne
    November 3, 2015 at 12:27 pm

So what keeps the milk from curdling when you add lemon juice?

Sherwood
    October 7, 2015 at 10:54 pm

So I found out fresh raspberries were on sale for $.98 per 6 oz. flat this last week. Instead of loading myself up with them and THEN looking for ways to use them like last time (resulting in my first and only foray into cookie-making so far), totally unaware of their non-existent shelf life, I dug this recipe out of my collection and made some plans. Since it called for a cup, I got two things of raspberries… ’cause I’m a derp and considered weight instead of volume. So now I have this and another raspberry chia pudding in my fridge. Anyway, on to the lavishing of praise! This is uh-mazing! My boyfriend REALLY loves it, so I expect to be making more in the future. I did add an extra tablespoon of chia seeds to help it thicken up more (I like my pudding to fight back). Thanks sooo much for the recipe! So simple and easy. 🙂

Linda
    July 1, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Made this exactly as stated except used the whole lemon for juice and zest. SO, SO, SO good. Fabulously refreshing and will be a staple. Thank you!!

July 8, 2015 at 6:38 am

So happy you enjoyed! It’s a staple in my house too! I switch between raspberry and blueberry but it’s the lemon that totally makes it. Thanks for your thoughtful comment!

Karen
    October 19, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Could I use strawberries instead?

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    April 5, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I’m on a strict no food-hoarding budget- aka I’m moving in 4 months and need to eat through all of my food- and it’s so bad I actually think it will take that long to get through it all. This means other than produce, nothing can be bought until I’m 100% desperate. Things could get interesting….that is the only reason PC Points haven’t completely sucked me in. Talked to me in 4 months though 😉

Michelle @ Esculent Dreams
    April 5, 2014 at 8:38 am

I’ve been so addicted to chia pudding lately 😉 This is gorgeous!!

I’m a huge fan of rewards cards and DO seem to hoard food (on occasion) haha 😉 As long as I use it all in the end!

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    April 4, 2014 at 9:43 am

Haha, you crack me up. Love you, mean it! I’ve never tried chia seeds but I’ve seen so many tasty looking meals with it, inlcuding this one. I really must try it.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
    April 3, 2014 at 2:45 pm

True story: I have more rewards cards on my keychain than I do KEYS! 😯 That PC card sounds like a frickin dream come true…and a recipe for disaster for my food hoarding tendencies! Oh girl, if you could SEE my pantry…it’s so intimidating! I could seriously eat one serving of grains every day for a year and still probably have some left over! Eeeeek! (??) So yeah, basically…if the world ends, we should just get together. With your freezer and my pantry, we’d eat like queens!

Lee
    April 2, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Not gonna lie. I didn’t read anything you wrote I just gawked at the pics. Nice work my lady boo!

Cara's Healthy Cravings
    April 2, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I adore my PC plus card! Especially because I use my PC credit card to shop for all food for work, so the points add up quite quickly and I get to benefit from them!

Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
    April 2, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I definitely need to finally make some chia pudding. I LOVE using chia in baking, so now I’ll need to with cooking as well. I’m also a sucker for rewards. 100 AirMiles day at Safeway?! You better believe I can find $100 of food I “need”. heh.

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    April 2, 2014 at 9:17 am

That pudding looks really good. I use to obsess with the Hallmark rewards card. I was always waiting for my little reward checks to come in the mail! Now I think it may be the froyo reward cards 😉

1 2 3 4 5